2019 Broncos Line-up

Manu looks a way better centre than bird and roberts imo , and Mitchell is a star already. I think Roberts is dropping down the chain , i think he's to small.

Turn Roberts into a full back. Surely he can do it.

I think he'd be a risk under the high ball in any case Boyd is not going anywhere.

I reckon Roberts is talented enough to learn how to take a high ball. Besides, fullbacks rarely contest high balls anywhere near as much as wingers do. Boyd and bird at centres is a rock solid defensive backline.

Last edited:
Dce won a premiership and has won origin games for qld. Ben hunt has done neither and probably won’t ever. Dce is on a different level to Ben hunt.

DCE won an origin game in a dead rubber ... the last game he played for QLD when the series was on the line he shit the bed ...

DCE won a premiership when he had Foran (who at the time was one of the best halves in the comp) ... he hasn't been able to do anything for the scum since the drove the dump truck full of cash to his house

DCE won an origin game in a dead rubber ... the last game he played for QLD when the series was on the line he shit the bed ...

DCE won a premiership when he had Foran (who at the time was one of the best halves in the comp) ... he hasn't been able to do anything for the scum since the drove the dump truck full of cash to his house

Every big game Hunt has ever played in he's shit the bed, DCE is 2x better in essentially every aspect of the game, anyone who legitimately believes that Hunt is on par or ahead of DCE as a player is either delusional or severely lacking Rugby League IQ.

Every big game Hunt has ever played in he's shit the bed, DCE is 2x better in essentially every aspect of the game, anyone who legitimately believes that Hunt is on par or ahead of DCE as a player is either delusional or severely lacking Rugby League IQ.

let me be clear i'm not advocating getting Hunt back ...

what i am strongly opposed to is us getting a marginally better but more expensive version of Hunt ... we can use our $1.3 million far more effectively

We now have an international winning half, and the other is Milford.
I unfortunately never see Milford reaching his anticipated hype at half. Needs to roll back to 2015 form for us to have any impact in 2015.

what i am strongly opposed to is us getting a marginally better but more expensive version of Hunt ... we can use our $1.3 million far more effectively

Maybe stop living in the past and using Hunt as a barometer? The bloke is gone, he's shit and never won anything for the club. DCE has already won a comp for his club, he also won the Clive Churchill in a separate game, just to emphasise his impact in big games. Hunt shit the bed and single handedly lost us the game in the biggest game of his life, and continues to do so at every level of the game.

Let's play a game, I'll do a comparison between the two using the key aspects of an NRL Halfback, and you tell me which of them you disagree with.

Running game - Hunt
Passing game - DCE
Defense - DCE
Short kicking game - DCE
Long kicking game - DCE
Field goal kicking - DCE
Goal kicking - DCE
Game management - DCE
Clutch moments - DCE
Making players around them better - DCE

Last edited:
Maybe stop living in the past and using Hunt as a barometer? The bloke is gone, he's shit and never won anything for the club. DCE has already won a comp for his club, he also won the Clive Churchill in a separate game, just to emphasise his impact in big games. Hunt shit the bed and single handedly lost us the game in the biggest game of his life, and continues to do so at every level of the game.

Let's play a game, I'll do a comparison between the two using the key aspects of an NRL Halfback, and you tell me which of them you disagree with.

Running game - Hunt
Passing game - DCE
Defense - DCE
Short kicking game - DCE
Long kicking game - DCE
Field goal kicking - DCE
Goal kicking - DCE
Game management - DCE
Clutch moments - DCE
I don't mind the old long neck either but there is no way in hell he'll ever play for the Broncos... Unless we offload Milf.

Last edited:

what i am strongly opposed to is us getting a way better therefore more expensive version of Hunt ... we can use our $1.3 million far more effectively

Understood.

Running game - Hunt
Passing game - DCE
Defense - DCE
Short kicking game - DCE
Long kicking game - DCE
Field goal kicking - DCE
Goal kicking - DCE
Game management - DCE
Clutch moments - DCE
Hunt wins hands down in the brain explosion department though.

The fact is, he is at the prime age of his career, has played over 200 games yet is progressively getting worse.

As much as I hate to say it, as I’ve always admired him as a player, this sounds too much like the career trajectory of our number 9 as well.

Hunt wins hands down in the brain explosion department though.

The fact is, he is at the prime age of his career, has played over 200 games yet is progressively getting worse.

As much as I hate to say it, as I’ve always admired him as a player, this sounds too much like the career trajectory of our number 9 as well.

McCullough - over 200
Hunt - over 200
(To a lesser extent, Glenn - over 200)

McGuire - just under (not counting rep) - arguably his worst season in a long time

Maybe there’s something to this ..

McCullough - over 200
Hunt - over 200
(To a lesser extent, Glenn - over 200)

McGuire - just under (not counting rep) - arguably his worst season in a long time

Maybe there’s something to this ..

The class of hook

He was a rubbish fullback.

Issako will never be our fullback until develops a passing game and gets a bit of creativity into his play. I don't think it's ever going to happen honestly, so it's wing for him imo for the forseable future.
I bet so very much how horribly wrong you are on this entire post

I bet so very much how horribly wrong you are on this entire post

Which bit, Renouf being a rubbish fullback, or the bit about Issako.

It will be interesting to see if Issako can bring a few more things to his game next year. He is for me still just a more confident version of the player I saw at South's and I dont think think he has much of a creative side to his game, he is just a good ball runner. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Which bit, Renouf being a rubbish fullback, or the bit about Issako.

It will be interesting to see if Issako can bring a few more things to his game next year. He is for me still just a more confident version of the player I saw at South's and I dont think think he has much of a creative side to his game, he is just a good ball runner. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
He’ll improve with time. He can kick goals. Maybe all he needs is to be a good ball runner.

There's no shame in being an elite winger. Especially if he can kick goals well enough to be the comp top point scorer in his rookie year.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.