2019 Broncos Line-up

I wouldn't be ...

DCE to me is a bit like Hunt (just with a bigger price tag) ... DCE hasn't really shown that he can deliver in the pressure moments yet.

many people want him here on the back of his origin 3 form, yet it was a dead rubber.

DCE also has shown to have a negative effect on team harmony unless he gets his way ... not the sort of player you want or need in your squad.

besides, i think having to halves in your team that are each on over $1 million a season, leaves you to short in other important area's

people have been way too harsh on Bird ...

Thanks to the Sharks, he didn't have a preseason because they delayed getting him the shoulder surgery he needed until it was our problem.

once he finally got back, the club discovered a sternum injury (that he was also suffering while at the Sharks), that would have been causing him an incredible amount of pain when touched ... it showed an incredible amount of guts and heart to even take the field.

a fully fit Bird will leave many people with egg on their faces and hopefully he is carving up for us and not against us

He might leave egg on your face too , bird has not been the world beater you keep raving about.

He might leave egg on your face too , bird has not been the world beater you keep raving about.

Bird is a quality player ... he has shown he is a quality player when not carrying painful injuries.

there is a very good reason why Bennett made a late play to snatch him from the Knights grasp

Bird is a quality player ... he has shown he is a quality player when not carrying painful injuries.

there is a very good reason why Bennett made a late play to snatch him from the Knights grasp

You mean the play where birds management inquired about a move north ?

So are both Bird and Gillette gonna be right to play come round 1?

DCE to me is a bit like Hunt (just with a bigger price tag) ... DCE hasn't really shown that he can deliver in the pressure moments yet.

I would love for someone to do a compilation of Hunt's decision making in critical points of close games, it'd be a horror film.

He proved once again tonight that he has the weakest resolve of any player arguably to ever play the game. I've never seen anyone fail time after time in clutch moments like him, it's almost become an enjoyable sub-plot to any game he's playing in, how will Hunt **** up this time?

You mean the play where birds management inquired about a move north ?

I'm talking about the reports that it was Bennett who made first contact with Bird's management

I wouldn't be ...

many people want him here on the back of his origin 3 form, yet it was a dead rubber.

DCE also has shown to have a negative effect on team harmony unless he gets his way ... not the sort of player you want or need in your squad.

besides, i think having to halves in your team that are each on over $1 million a season, leaves you to short in other important area's

people have been way too harsh on Bird ...

Thanks to the Sharks, he didn't have a preseason because they delayed getting him the shoulder surgery he needed until it was our problem.

once he finally got back, the club discovered a sternum injury (that he was also suffering while at the Sharks), that would have been causing him an incredible amount of pain when touched ... it showed an incredible amount of guts and heart to even take the field.

a fully fit Bird will leave many people with egg on their faces and hopefully he is carving up for us and not against us

Dce won a premiership and has won origin games for qld. Ben hunt has done neither and probably won’t ever. Dce is on a different level to Ben hunt.

Let’s also not forget that Bird has made his name as a right Centre, a position currently comfortably filled by one of the best in the game. Bird has done noting at origin level. He is actually on the point of being overrated.

Look, I hope I’m wrong about the guy if he stays but if you had an opportunity for a straight swap of him and DCE, you do it in a heartbeat.

Let’s also not forget that Bird has made his name as a right Centre, a position currently comfortably filled by one of the best in the game. Bird has done noting at origin level. He is actually on the point of being overrated.

Look, I hope I’m wrong about the guy if he stays but if you had an opportunity for a straight swap of him and DCE, you do it in a heartbeat.

Completely agree ! He had one good season playing at 6 , his competitiveness is the only thing to look forward too.

Bird was pretty good when he played fullback for the Sharks as well.

I think at his best, Bird would be our best centre, he just has much more to his game than Roberts.
Just a really good centre we definitely overpaid for.

Pretty good doesnt add up to a $750k paycheck though wolfie.

I'd be happy with a team of players who played pretty good every week. We have a lot who are under par most of the time.

I think at his best, Bird would be our best centre, he just has much more to his game than Roberts.
Just a really good centre we definitely overpaid for.
A really good centre shouldnt be underestimated. Look at Manu and Mitchell. Those 2 IMO are the reason the Roosters won this year. A fit Centre pairing of Roberts and Bird will be electrifying.

A really good centre shouldnt be underestimated. Look at Manu and Mitchell. Those 2 IMO are the reason the Roosters won this year. A fit Centre pairing of Roberts and Bird will be electrifying.

Manu looks a way better centre than bird and roberts imo , and Mitchell is a star already. I think Roberts is dropping down the chain , i think he's to small.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • Bongo
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Dony Eliakim
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.