2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

No !
The ESL fans tell me it just as high intensity maybe even more .

But the NRL players who go there say it`s a step down . Who you gonna believe ?
At least get your facts right. They say the standard of the game isn't as high ( understandable when there really is only one sport in England ) but the speed of the game is more full on than we get in the NRL.

Can French defend yet? Couldn't tackle to save his life when he was here last time. A strong gust of wind would normally take him out.

Hearing pearce talk about the difference between esl and the nrl should tip you off to the gulf in quality he mentioned as a half you just dont get the inside D pressure you get in the nrl why alot of our halves that cant quite cut it alot of the time go over and succeed in his opinion
It's actually quite a different game to what we see. Defence isn't anywhere near as good as the NRL, so your playmakers tend to get more time with the ball.

Can French defend yet? Couldn't tackle to save his life when he was here last time. A strong gust of wind would normally take him out.
No. His strengths, mainly his running game suits superleage.

The ESL fields are also basically end up cow paddocks due to all the rain.

Nominal value isn't soley based on his last contract figure ... If it was Milford would be on a million a year at the Phins.

Let's for a second say that the Eels off for Lomax is 200k short (the top figure reported) of his reported 850k salary ... That would mean the Eels offer would be 650k a year.

That offer is probably still overs for Lomax.

Milford was off contract.

TPJ (& Lomax) had contracts that, if not broken, would still be active right now.

Milford was off contract.

TPJ (& Lomax) had contracts that, if not broken, would still be active right now.

Folau hadn't had a rugby league contract in two years and the NRL as still put a value on him when the Eels tried to register him at minimum wage.

This whole argument really is a moot point anyway ... Neither side will change their opinion.

The end result is that as long as their is a salary cap, the NRL will enforce a nominal value for players, when teams try to do the dirty and register players on their caps for significantly less than their true value ...

Ideally, what the NRL should do for transparency is release the formula they use to determine said value. Although for that to work they would probably need a register of players contract values. Not to mention that this would stop the NRL making it up as they go.

Folau hadn't had a rugby league contract in two years and the NRL as still put a value on him when the Eels tried to register him at minimum wage.

This whole argument really is a moot point anyway ... Neither side will change their opinion.

The end result is that as long as their is a salary cap, the NRL will enforce a nominal value for players, when teams try to do the dirty and register players on their caps for significantly less than their true value ...

Ideally, what the NRL should do for transparency is release the formula they use to determine said value. Although for that to work they would probably need a register of players contract values. Not to mention that this would stop the NRL making it up as they go.

Folau was still a gun player though, albeit in union. Milford hasn’t been good since midway through 2016, like 6 seasons before his pay cut to go to The. Whatever he got to go there has Laos not been worth it either.

Milford has a future being a conman, he’s learned the formula - deliver on the goods up front and then disappear. Builds up confidence and trust and good faith from the clientele before going AWOL.

The NRL`s ambassador to New York Matt Lodge says hi .

Not a rumour or anything but this Jennings situation. Not sure how to feel about it tbh. I get where the NRL are coming from, but why register the contract? What happens if the roosters go on an absolute run and make and win the GF? Does he get denied a GF medal? Just seems like a can of worms.

Not a rumour or anything but this Jennings situation. Not sure how to feel about it tbh. I get where the NRL are coming from, but why register the contract? What happens if the roosters go on an absolute run and make and win the GF? Does he get denied a GF medal? Just seems like a can of worms.

What's happened?

He shouldn't be in the game and if it wasn't the Roosters trying to sign him the NRL would have denied it. But Uncle Nick has a lot of sway and Monsieur Robinson speaks French out home he will get the drug cheat and domestic abuser right.

They were apparently going to until Rothfield published his "open letter" to the NRL telling them that they shouldn't do it
I mean Rothfield wasn't wrong in that letter at all. Can't really call yourself a big inclusive game and celebrate women in league rounds and then celebrate milestones of a guy was convicted of bashing his partner.

I mean Rothfield wasn't wrong in that letter at all. Can't really call yourself a big inclusive game and celebrate women in league rounds and then celebrate milestones of a guy was convicted of bashing his partner.
Especially when he hasn't paid the woman involved .. a cent that he was ordered to pay.

The amount of the compensation sitting at, I believe it was 450,000 .. speaks to just how badly she has been hurt.

From what I have read, she has been unable to return to her place of work .. so absolutely don't think that he deserves anything special.

Especially when he hasn't paid the woman involved .. a cent that he was ordered to pay.

The amount of the compensation sitting at, I believe it was 450,000 .. speaks to just how badly she has been hurt.

From what I have read, she has been unable to return to her place of work .. so absolutely don't think that he deserves anything special.
Im actually shocked the NRL hasn't made him rectify this yet. They made Lodge pay up his legal costs from America before they would register a contract

Unread

Active Now

• Spike
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Swordfish
  • Mighty Bronx
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.