Anthony Milford Discussion

I didn't see any quote from Milford blaming his contract negotiations for his form, so I won't blast him too hard. But if that's true.. generally players find another gear when they're trying to convince the club that they're worth more money or more years.. He's gone the complete opposite way and I wouldn't be surprised if the hold-up in negotiations is the Broncos lowering the offer.

If it's true we should sign him on a ten year contract so we never have to go through this shit again. He's making me miss Lachlan Maranta.

This idea in the past Bennett wouldn't have bitten- rubbish!

He didn't talk to Ricketts for three years because of a story. He was the chief league writer at the Courier and would stand there with his hand up every week for three years ignored.

Watching highlights Milford is not doing the little simple things like taking his eyes off the ball before it comes to his hands

Watching highlights Milford is not doing the little simple things like taking his eyes off the ball before it comes to his hands

It's precisely this. He's thinking about what he's going to do next, watching the defence, thinking about who's beside him, the defender there is slightly turned out, so if he takes a step that way it might open up a slight gap meaning he should pass it to that guy so he should hold the ball like this and goes to move his hands and **** he took his eye off the ball and dropped it.

It's truly amazing how quickly we can turn on our own around here! Milford is without doubt, one of the most electric and exciting you players in the game. 15 other clubs would take him tomorrow, and after a few bad games, some around here are ready to lynch him and send him packing!

Remember that the Thurston you see today is vastly different to the Thurston you saw 10 years ago. Halves, particularly, need time. Time to hone the finer skills and learn the art of closing out games etc. I remember JT having some absolute stinkers in his earlier years, but perseverance and commitment has made him the player he is today. Much like Lockyer as well.

Give Milf some time. Coaches and people in much higher positions than us with a much more intimate knowledge of what goes on day to day at the club, have faith in him, the least we can do as fans is to offer him the same support!

and after a few bad games, some around here are ready to lynch him and send him packing!

It's been more than a few bad games.

He has been out of form since Round 11 last year, and has just got worse this season.

A lot of people are going to lose patience when a player has been out of form for that long and doesn't appear to be improving or getting back in form any time soon.

It's been more than a few bad games.

He has been out of form since Round 11 last year, and has just got worse this season.

A lot of people are going to lose patience when a player has been out of form for that long and doesn't appear to be improving or getting back in form any time soon.

He literally won us the game in Round 1.

It's truly amazing how quickly we can turn on our own around here! Milford is without doubt, one of the most electric and exciting you players in the game. 15 other clubs would take him tomorrow, and after a few bad games, some around here are ready to lynch him and send him packing!

Remember that the Thurston you see today is vastly different to the Thurston you saw 10 years ago. Halves, particularly, need time. Time to hone the finer skills and learn the art of closing out games etc. I remember JT having some absolute stinkers in his earlier years, but perseverance and commitment has made him the player he is today. Much like Lockyer as well.

Give Milf some time. Coaches and people in much higher positions than us with a much more intimate knowledge of what goes on day to day at the club, have faith in him, the least we can do as fans is to offer him the same support!
Just out of curiosity, how much excess weight is he carrying, according to the people that matter at the club, that is?

Prediction: Milford to return to some sort of form in his 100th game next week against the dogs. Won't set the world on fire but will do frustratingly just enough to give us back some faith. Probs a sheer will power try close to the line again perhaps.

He's the type of player that only needs to get it right once or twice in a game to totally turn it into our favor. We all know he's good, and we all know he's been struggling for a long time, but it would take an insane man to say - Milford will NEVER return to form...

He'll be alright. Bring on the big Bulldogs and a nice dry track next week. Keeps your eyes peeled for that Milford fella next week lol. I'm sure you will.

Last edited:
Maybe the hold up in negotiations is due to Milford not being able to hold the contract long enough to sign it without dropping it?

Sorry couldn't help it.

I heard he was asked to sign it after he finished at the Leagues Club buffet. He is yet to finish.

I heard he wasn't happy with the terms so he ate the contract.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  • Scdeac
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • PETERN
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.