Anthony Milford Discussion

He's the only player who ASKED to be paid in beer and pies and the NRL is refusing to register it?

Stop saying us. We all know you are a storm supporter. You are welcome here as an opposition player to discuss whatever but at least have the decency to stop treating us like fucking idiots.

How the **** am I a storm supporter ya gronk. Get back in your hole.

This idea in the past Bennett wouldn't have bitten- rubbish!

He didn't talk to Ricketts for three years because of a story. He was the chief league writer at the Courier and would stand there with his hand up every week for three years ignored.

Walters told a story of how Bennett refused to speak to a reporter for exactly one year because he wasn’t impressed with something he wrote. He rebuffed questions time and time again because he was never going to let the journalist get off his 12-month ban.
“I remember (former Courier Mail journalist) Steve Ricketts telling me ... Wayne banned him for something he said about Wayne or about the club,” Walters said on the Big Sports Breakfast.
“Steve to his credit went to every press conference Wayne had and he’d ask a question and Wayne wouldn’t answer it. Then 12 months to the day (since Bennett decided to snub Ricketts) ... Wayne said, ‘Yep Steve, I’ll answer that now, your 12 months is up.’
“It was just incredible, Wayne’s memory with the press.”

It was longer Kevvie and bread was broken over lunch before he'd answer.

I'm have a fear that Milford is going to be Shane Warne'd. Since his 2015 form everyone talked him up as a hero and he would dominate forever, heir to Origin and Test jerseys. But he has gone down since and is hitting a peak low unfortunately.
You hit the nail on the head, have mentioned it before, because we were blessed with a plethora of Internationals and Origin reps from Day dot up until around Locky's retirement, anyone and I mean anyone who is put into the halves for Brisbane is falsely believed by the media and most fans to be the next great thing.
Truth is, we have had a great run for 20 years with GREAT players, but it cannot and will not keep going that way.
The talent is out there but as we all know a lot of it gets snapped up by Sydney clubs or Union.

I would say that since Lockyer and Langer retired anyone who is picked in the Broncos halves has the best and worst job in the world. They are esteemed positions for any club but for the Broncos, a one City club the pressure is even greater than ever.
Milford is caught between a rock and a hard place (and a burger or two) and finds himself under more and more scrutiny while at the same time having his contract up for negotiation, so he has double the pressure, and on top of that he would know inside himself that he is not at his best mentally or physically.

For the "Will become great" crowd out there, all I can say is, don't raise your expectations much higher than they already are.

I also think that Hunt will probably have his best season, he is financially secure for the rest of his life and can take a care free approach, not that he will not try his hardest, but the pressure is not on him.

He too will never be great, because he has had plenty of time to show that and he hasn't but like Peter Wallace, moving onto greener pastures takes the pressure off and his game will improve.

Milford doesn't have that option, he has two choices, sign now for xxxx amount and continue to be scrutinized and be deemed a failure if he is anything short of spectacular or don't sign now, continue to play like shit, lower his worth to other clubs and possibly field an offer from a shit club where there is less pressure.

Tough times for Milf.

Stop saying us. We all know you are a storm supporter. You are welcome here as an opposition player to discuss whatever but at least have the decency to stop treating us like fucking idiots.
Pretty sure I told you to go and get some help with your anger issues. I bet you sleep with a torch and a knife near your bed at night.

Give Milf some time. Coaches and people in much higher positions than us with a much more intimate knowledge of what goes on day to day at the club, have faith in him, the least we can do as fans is to offer him the same support!
Does it really matter what goes on day to day at the club or is what happens on game day more important? Just in case you didn't know, talking about Milford here does not affect his game, or the "day to day" running of the club.
If we all close our eyes and pray that he will play better, will he?

It's been more than a few bad games.

He has been out of form since Round 11 last year, and has just got worse this season.

A lot of people are going to lose patience when a player has been out of form for that long and doesn't appear to be improving or getting back in form any time soon.
True. Three things need to happen for Milford, he needs to train harder, and as someone said wipe that sooky look off of his face and switch on and I guess thirdly he needs to sort out his contract, that is the Broncos fault for having that over his head. Maybe they are not willing to give what he is asking and that could be why he is also playing like shit and apparently eating shit food. You never know, there could be an intense stand-off in the background in relation to his contract negotiations and if that is the case then the Bronco's management have a lot to answer for.

How the **** am I a storm supporter ya gronk. Get back in your hole.
Anyone who disagrees with him supports another team.

You said gronk which sounds like Cronk. You're definitely a storm trooper
That is something that Peter Griffin would say, so to me it is truthful!

Does it really matter what goes on day to day at the club or is what happens on game day more important? Just in case you didn't know, talking about Milford here does not affect his game, or the "day to day" running of the club.
If we all close our eyes and pray that he will play better, will he?

There are no prayers. He will come good.

And yes, it does matter what happens day to day. It just doesn't matter to some supporters.

Can I remind you that it's ONLY ROUND 5!!! As the old saying goes, Grand Finals aren't won in March.

Does he have work to do? Yep, he sure does. Is he overweight? Maybe, but that's probably not why his form is down. Is there a plan in place? Yep.

My point was, have some faith in what highly paid coaches, performance staff and trainers are doing. It's round 5, give it all some time. If Milf is struggling come round 15, go to town.... But he won't be.

There are no prayers. He will come good.

And yes, it does matter what happens day to day. It just doesn't matter to some supporters.

Can I remind you that it's ONLY ROUND 5!!! As the old saying goes, Grand Finals aren't won in March.

Does he have work to do? Yep, he sure does. Is he overweight? Maybe, but that's probably not why his form is down. Is there a plan in place? Yep.

My point was, have some faith in what highly paid coaches, performance staff and trainers are doing. It's round 5, give it all some time. If Milf is struggling come round 15, go to town.... But he won't be.
But he was last year.

But he was last year.

By his own lofty standards, sure, but it was always going to be hard to maintain that form. There were games where he was carving the opposition up making 20+ runs and making 3 line-breaks. That was never going to last, especially with the impact Origin had on the team. I feel like fans let games like the Cowboys final and the final home game against Sydney cloud their perception of Milford. They forget his performances against Melbourne, Parramatta, Gold Coast, Canterbury and so on where at the very least he was effective. Not as good as his efforts on Good Friday or against the Sea Eagles but certainly enough to earn his pay cheque.

That's why his recent run of form has been so concerning. Usually Milford runs the ball 13 times a game, these past few weeks it's down to 8 and nearly half those runs have included errors.

By his own lofty standards, sure, but it was always going to be hard to maintain that form. There were games where he was carving the opposition up making 20+ runs and making 3 line-breaks. That was never going to last, especially with the impact Origin had on the team. I feel like fans let games like the Cowboys final and the final home game against Sydney cloud their perception of Milford. They forget his performances against Melbourne, Parramatta, Gold Coast, Canterbury and so on where at the very least he was effective. Not as good as his efforts on Good Friday or against the Sea Eagles but certainly enough to earn his pay cheque.

That's why his recent run of form has been so concerning. Usually Milford runs the ball 13 times a game, these past few weeks it's down to 8 and nearly half those runs have included errors.
I'm not that concerned to be honest.

While there is no denying his running game and handling are below par. He certainly showed improved kicking and defense, especially this last game. And it wasn't as riddled with errors as some make out, where he had 2 clear ones, with a bad pass and a dropped ball.

He's maturing and learning other aspects of a half's game, and it is taking a toll on his lofty ad-hoc style, but with time, he'll know when to use what weapon.

He was shit for the 2nd half of the year. Gun for the 1st half.

https://broncoshq.com/threads/pots-2016-season.28165/

According to "BHQ" Milford played well against...

Parramatta Round 23
Melbourne Round 25
Gold Coast Finals Week 1

And Ben Hunt who was supposedly the worst thing since the Star Wars prequels was the Broncos second best player of last season (behind Milf).

Id prefer him to kill it at the pointy end , then what he did last year. He shot out of the blocks and couldn't stay at that level .

Let's be real, POTS doesn't really equal "best player" of the season, it equals person with the most good games. Milford would've collected a lot of MoTM's in the first 2 months of last season, so despite him being awol for 90% of the remainder of the season, he still won it. Same thing applies to Hunt, he probably would've picked up a lot of 2nd's / 3rd's in any game where he didn't completely shit the bed.

Boyd, Gillett, McGuire were our best 3 players last year, in my humble opinion.

For sure, but it also shows that this whole line about how he hasn't played well since Round 10 2016 is rubbish.

Yeah that's a little overstated, I'd say the better way to put it would be that his run of good form ended Round 9 2016, he still had the odd flash after that point, but was never able to string good games together. Once again, similar to Hunt, he had flashes of his 2015 form, as he has this season, but we just don't see it for 5-6 games in a row often enough.

Consistency is what we want, not 3 good performances over a 4 month period.

Yeah, close enough.

Round 10 2016 was the game where he ran 22 times, made 180m, 3 Line-Breaks and scored a Double. Let's at least agree on that.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Maroon4life
  • simplythebest
  • bb_gun
  • mitch222
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • rj9
  • Brocko
  • Rambstien
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Harry Sack
  • Scdeac
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.