Anthony Milford Discussion

Negotiations?
Seriously, is he worth resigning?
He is brilliant against weaker opponents and goes missing in action when the game is on the line.
It is pretty clear to me that he lacks ticker.
As a coach you can hone skill, impart information but you just can't teach intestinal fortitude and I am 100% certain he has very little.

WHY is it affecting him? That is his manager's job. If he is playing hardball trying to drive his price up, he can piss off. You aren't getting the pay day when you're playing as shit as that.

Dunno mate, people get affected by different things in different ways.

Negotiations?
Seriously, is he worth resigning?
He is brilliant against weaker opponents and goes missing in action when the game is on the line.
It is pretty clear to me that he lacks ticker.
As a coach you can hone skill, impart information but you just can't teach intestinal fortitude and I am 100% certain he has very little.

We have to re-sign him.

Milford would make a great bench utility.

I understand nerves about your job/ career, but if it's solely that, then he is obviously very mentally fragile. He needs confidence to play well to earn his desired contract, but playing well will give him that confidence and the contract. It's all relative. Bad press will disappear too if he aims up

He should be going gangbusters, but has worried himself to a state where a club could be forgiven for not re-signing him at this stage. Obviously we'll re-sign him, but the penny needs to drop asap

I think we would be much better throwing as much as we can at Mitchell Mosses.
His defence whilst still a bit suss it has improved unbelievably over the last 2 years.
Doesnt matter what the attack throws at him that little bugger is as tough as teak and never backs down. No show pony that kid.

How about we give Milford a spell so he can focus on negotiating his contract. In the mean while benji can fill in and set up some tries for Oates.

You mean the guy who was the ACTUAL best on ground in the 2015 decider? He is struggling and it is a total risk to re-sign him at what he is asking but given what he can do when he is happy and confident, it is worth taking. The key is to get his future halfback partner right and just let him have some freedom.

I watched Milford pretty closely last night. Moga is certainly cramping his style deluxe playing up in the line at every point. Milford has no room to move when he gets the ball and cant pass it because he will throw an intercept if he does. If Moga stood 5 metres backwards more then maybe it would start freeing time up for Milford.
Pick the phone up and call Mr Walters Wayne

I know it was wet and Thaiday probably had a bit of head start, but was anyone else waiting for Milf to shoot past him to score the try?

That really opened my eyes and got me thinking that maybe there is something to the 'unfit' and 'lazy' claims floating around.

Knowing Thaiday is joker, I hope he's in Milfords face all week giving him shit about how slow he is and reminding him of that, maybe that will get him to pull his finger out.

Yeah I thought apart from his poor defence on Jackson he wasn't that bad considering the conditions.

Hopefully we have a dry track and he/we turn it around for next week.

I know it was wet and Thaiday probably had a bit of head start, but was anyone else waiting for Milf to shoot past him to score the try?

That really opened my eyes and got me thinking that maybe there is something to the 'unfit' and 'lazy' claims floating around.

Knowing Thaiday is joker, I hope he's in Milfords face all week giving him shit about how slow he is and reminding him of that, maybe that will get him to pull his finger out.

So milf kicks the ball (meaning his feet are planted), has to run around a player, gets checked by that player, and has a less favourable angle to the ball and Thaiday has a clear line for the ball and starts with a run up and milf gets beaten by a bee's dick and this is an indication he's unfit and lazy.

Right.

The only issue I have with that whole play is that milf actually went for the ball.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Inside pass
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Robboi_321
  • Manofoneway
  • Locky24
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Nerd
  • Strop
  • Skathen
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.