RUMOUR Anthony Milford to the Storm

Yeah I'm a little concerned it's taking us so long to re-sign Milford, Roberts & Boyd..

Not because I think they want to leave, but because the longer we wait the more desperate Sydney clubs get who are missing out on everyone else, someone like the Knights (Who missed out on Bird, Foran, Scott, etc) could do something stupid and offer Milford $1.5m a year for 5 years, which might be enough money to at least make him think about it, or at the very least give him leverage to make us up our offer.. I think we should just re-sign him for whatever he's asking for and move on with our lives, it's not worth potentially losing him over $100k-200k a season.

shock horror, a club that's losing their star playmaker has showed interest in Milford. You've gotta love the article on the courier mail where it craps on about how the Broncs have offered him 2.7m over 3 years which will be the biggest offer in Broncs history then goes on to say how we signed Bird on 1.2m a season. It's a bye round, they have nothing better to do then right bullshit

Storm in eleventh-hour play to prise Anthony Milford away from Broncos

ANTHONY Milford’s manager says the star pivot’s preference is to remain at Red Hill as six clubs, including Melbourne, circle the Broncos ace.

Milford’s agent Sam Ayoub today confirmed interest from the Storm, who are scouring the open market for a big-name playmaker to replace Maroons halfback Cooper Cronk next season.

Milford is off-contract at season’s end and the Broncos are confident of securing the five-eighth after putting together a three-year deal worth $2.7 million — the richest in Brisbane’s history.

But that hasn’t stopped the Storm making an eleventh-hour play to prise Milford away from the Broncos.

The Milford poaching bid adds another spicy dimension to the coaching relationship between Melbourne’s Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett, who mentored Bellamy in his rookie years at Red Hill.

Bennett expects Milford to commit to the club in coming weeks and Ayoub said while the Storm had lodged interest, they had yet to table a formal offer.

“Everyone is trying to build it into something more than it is,” he said.

“I am trying not to manipulate this situation. Just because an inquiry has been made it doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.

“Melbourne rang me about four or five days ago but they have made no offer at this stage.

“It would be silly to think there wouldn’t be interest in Anthony, but we’re continuing talks with the Broncos.

“His preference is to stay at the Broncos and it’s like Johnathan Thurston, he’s entrenched in North Queensland but it doesn’t mean clubs wouldn’t show interest in him when he’s available.

“I won’t be playing this through the media. An inquiry has been made and that’s the extent of it at the moment.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s/news-story/2b1440904bbc20055e5fd42786c4d89a

It doesn't sound like Melbourne are really chasing him that hard..

Seems like a bit of a media blow up. Just seems as though Storm are showing their interest in case negotiations with the Broncos break down.

You said the same thing about Hunt. Player's careers don't go downhill just because they leave the Broncos (especially the quality ones). Hunt will flourish at Stg and Milf will play well no matter what club he is plying his trade for.

I could be wrong about Hunt given that the Dragons have re-signed Widdop (I assumed he was as good as gone when Hunt signed) and have a fantastic pack, but Melbourne have a year or two left at the top before they hit the downtrend in a big way. The Hunt deal is still ridiculous though, and I'm glad we didn't match it.

If Bellamy sticks around they will be OK, but nothing like they are at the moment. If Milf jumps at a Melbourne offer it confirms that he's a mercenary, which will probably hurt him more than the change of clubs.

This is going to shock people BUT, if I were Milf and the Storm offer 1.something million a year, I'd take it. He is still going to have Smith and Slater for another year or two, so there is a strong chance at a premiership plus Bromwich, Munster, Croft, et al. There is a LOT of talent down there and the Storm sign all the star kids as well as they outbid every other club, hence their production line. He could sign for two years with an option for a third and if the Storm go down the drain, he could always jump ship then. I mean, that organisation is the very opposite of a basket case.

We have one more trump up our sleeve though, anyone who wants to play football week in and week out during Melbourne's winter is just crazy, simple as that.

“I am trying not to manipulate this situation."

Yes indeed...

Could just be a media beat up or could just be Sam Ayoubs way of getting more coin for Milf.

All I hope is that we re-sign him. Ill burn down my neighbours house if we lose him.

Imagine that? Losing BOTH OUR FUCKING HALFBACKS, and all we have is Bird....

Could just be a media beat up or could just be Sam Ayoubs way of getting more coin for Milf.

All I hope is that we re-sign him. Ill burn down my neighbours house if we lose him.

Don't forget Niko [emoji23]

Have you not heard? Bird is the word.

It al depends how much we have to pay for him ... if the Storm put in a big offer using Cronks money and we have to pay 1.3 million + to get him then I reckon we should just wish him luck and ask for some free trips on his new BOAT

I very much doubt this will be an issue but if it is, I will be beyond livid. Shaking my resolve in Rugby League is a tough thing to do but Milf going to the fucking Storm of all clubs would probably be the end of me with this sport. I am already sick of the shit Melbourne are allowed to get away with for the sake of the games image in Victoria, losing Milf to those ***** is troubling to even think about.

Wasnt there a story before Macca (i think it was) had re-signed that he was looking elsewhere and then the very next day he signed an extension with us??

Milf to sign tomorrow lol.

It just seems like the media is using this as a means of generating some foot traffic in a bye week. 3 articles about it in the hour since the "news" broke.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Stix
  • thenry
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Bronco bob
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Browny
  • mystico
  • Inknition
  • Ondi
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.