RUMOUR Anthony Milford to the Storm

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Yeah the inside info guys on here have all been interestingly quiet on this rumour, looking forward to hearing from one of them.

They have been for awhile.

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
They don't want to run the risk that it starts raining and those commercial planes get cancelled.
The only logical explanation would be that the private jet is a outside cap TPA his manager was able to arrange for his Storm contract. It is a new company based in Melbourne Wild Milfs Pty Ltd and it's their promotional airplane.

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Maybe Milf doesn't like being chased around the showers by big snakes...

Anyways, Tigerair is a storm sponsor, Tiger is effectively owned by Singapore Airlines, who also own or are affiliated with a few smaller operations around Australia. It wouldn't be terribly hard to use one of those who happened to be flying from BNE to MEL one day.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'm looking forward to hearing speculation of Tedesco's contract with the Roosters and how they can afford him in the media...wait...sound of crickets?

I wonder if Tedesco got a private jet to tour the Roosters facilities. ;)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Maybe Milf doesn't like being chased around the showers by big snakes...

Anyways, Tigerair is a storm sponsor, Tiger is effectively owned by Singapore Airlines, who also own a few smaller operations around Australia. It wouldn't be terribly hard to use one of those who happened to be flying from BNE to MEL one day.

If it is Tiger Air, it would indeed be difficult to organise as it would have either been delayed or just cancelled altogether, therefore a private jet would be essential.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking forward to hearing speculation of Tedesco's contract with the Roosters and how they can afford him in the media...wait...sound of crickets?

I wonder if Tedesco got a private jet to tour the Roosters facilities. ;)

also notice how the media didn't give a figure for the deal ... in fact they seem to rarely give figures these days ... unless it has to do with a Broncos player of course

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Enough talk........just throw the $1.2m at him, sign him up for 5 years and build around him.

Losing both playmakers at once will set us back a few years. I think he is worth the gamble.

Losing Milf because of Bird would have to go down as one of our biggest balls up if it happens.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
There really needs to be a 2nd team in Melbourne. They have a whole state of players to choose from and have no competition for that market allowing them free raid over players on the market because they are able to keep local players at a smaller value to remain close to home.

Does that sound like a fair argument to anyone? #toungeincheek

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Maybe the thought of hunt leaving with all that coin at the dragons didn't sit well with Milford. I'm sure he feels he deserves the same amount. He'll walk if storm offer him the dollars.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
“I’m not privy to those conversations,” Cronk said. “But from the outside any time there’s a good player to be looked at, and he’s an elite player, it’s interesting. So much more comes into play. Quote me if I’m wrong but Anthony left Canberra for family reasons back in Brisbane.

“One thing I do know is the powers that be at Storm in Craig Bellamy and Cameron Smith make smart decisions. So whatever decision they make will be well thought through, well researched and will be the right decision for that football club.”

I see they have nothing else to put in the article so they decided to go with something that Cronk said weeks ago when he was being asked about potential halves replacements.. And I do believe they have taken what Cronk said about Milford out of context.

Media beat up.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pete Badel has said Storm haven't made any offer.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
There really needs to be a 2nd team in Melbourne. They have a whole state of players to choose from and have no competition for that market allowing them free raid over players on the market because they are able to keep local players at a smaller value to remain close to home.

Does that sound like a fair argument to anyone? #toungeincheek

And think of all the TPA's they can offer players, what with Melbourne being the best sporting city in Australia. #tpasarearort #toohardtomakethesereadable

rotorman

rotorman

BRL Player
Nov 15, 2016
It's his career down the drain if he goes. Bennett better have a big name half lined up if he lets him walk otherwise we are done.

If he does depart , we have Bird, Nikorima as the halves , nothing wrong with that combo , Boyd could shift , Bird fullback ?

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Spooky1013
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • broncs30
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.