RUMOUR Anthony Milford to the Storm

Honestly, he's not lived up to expectations thus far and in no way deserves the money he's reported to be wanting, plus there's been reports of internal contract value jealousy at the club since he's been here and while he 'might come good/great', I'm starting to see why Canberra were so pissed at him when he left.

I hope I'm wrong about him, but I'm tending towards the angle of offering him less (what he is ACTUALLY worth right now - I'd say about 600k) and leaving it up to him to evidence his desire and loyalty to the club before his performance drives his wage up. We don't need primadonnas here.

We'd be completely fucked if we lost milf and hunt in one season.

With halves the quality of Reynolds and Moses going for 900k a season, milf would be a steal at the same price. I don't think he's being a prinadonna, the landscape has just changed when it comes to halves values.

I'm not worried about him going though.

It is not ideal but it isn't the end of the world. We already have two potential running halves at the club in KNik and Bird, sure they won't go so well together next year most likely but we would then have a lot of money to throw at Taylor.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Taylor's delay in re-signing is a result of waiting and seeing as to what Milf does. No insie info, just a feeling.

I get the opposite feeling about Taylor. I don't think he will come back.

I think that Milford is going to continue to develop and over the next couple of years become the best player in the game and I don't want him to do that at another club.

If anyone here is stupid enough to think Milfords gonna leave then they have rocks in their head. The Storm wont outbid us. We have plenty left in the bank to throw at him and will more than match anything any other club can throw at him.

If anyone here is stupid enough to think Milfords gonna leave then they have rocks in their head. The Storm wont outbid us. We have plenty left in the bank to throw at him and will more than match anything any other club can throw at him.

I might be slightly stupid and have a couple of rocks rattling around my head then...

I am not sure why he would be jealous of Bird's deal considering Milf has been offered the biggest deal in our history.

what does he want less money.

Maybe he believes everything league journos spew ... in which case he must believe Bird was offered some sort of perpetual deal, given that the value increases every week

If he's dumb enough to listen to journos and take their word as gospel then I'm fine with him leaving tbh.

At 22, he is progressing well enough to suggest he might live up to the hype. He is adapting his game slowly to mould himself into the complete package. Put it this way, he is well ahead in development terms as opposed to Brooks & Moses.

he is well ahead in development terms as opposed to Brooks & Moses.

Yeah but they have been progressing through a ridiculous system that wouldn't know how to train a worker ant how to work.

So... the revisionist history now says that we paid Milford a million dollars a year to pry him away from the Raiders?

MILF is just using Melbourne as a gambit to jack up his asking price. That's fair enough, I would do the same in his shoes. Don't think he has any intentions of going down to Melbourne - he'll get home sick. Now they're speculating that Melbourne is drafting a 6 year contract. That's like a prison term for him.

@Smokin' Joe an information you can give?

Yeah the inside info guys on here have all been interestingly quiet on this rumour, looking forward to hearing from one of them.

Yeah the inside info guys on here have all been interestingly quiet on this rumour, looking forward to hearing from one of them.

I know it is very interesting, just don't know in which way, good or bad...

It's possible melbourne could get him, they've got Cronk leaving and I wonder whether Billy will play on next year - that's a lot of cash up their sleeve and with the flexibility of playing him at 5/8 or FB - whichever he prefers as both positions would be open.

Playing under Bellamy, Smith, being anonymous in Melb, great city, big coin, could definitely see how it would turn heads.

If we lose him so be it, the sun will come up tomorrow and Brisbane will find someone else although it might set us back a year or two. We won't become Newcastle.

The insider guys don't know everything, remember JNik was staying... until he wasn't. And that's no sleight on those guys either, things change quickly, they're not inside his head so they can only offer what they've heard, which may be the same as what we've heard.

Melbourne's massive play for Milford

Three years ago his availability sparked a savage bidding war between the Raiders and Broncos, which led to Brisbane offering a package of around $1 million-a-season to poach him.
Now fate has placed Milford at the centre of an even more desperate battle for his skills.

And it’s set to earn him even more money. With Cooper Cronk and Ben Hunt moving to Sydney next year, Brisbane and Melbourne – the NRL’s only two perennial powerhouses – now have only one superstar half between them for 2018: Milford.

News of Melbourne’s interest began to swirl early this week – and it’s more serious than reported thus far.
No club does a sales pitch quite like Melbourne, which is owned by a consortium of millionaire businessmen.

We’ve been told the Storm might even be prepared to offer Milford a deal as long as six years to leave behind his parents and family in Brisbane.
Up until the Storm weighed-in early last week, talks with Brisbane had been progressing steadily.
But the Broncos were still yet to meet Milford’s financial demands, leaving the door open for him to investigate other options.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/35273242/7th-tackle-milfs-six-appeal-to-storm/
So up until Monday the journos didn't realise he had even left the state, but apparently they now know he chartered a private plane to inspect the Melbourne set up and meet with Bellamy.

Funny how this all started not long after Ikin raised a question wondering what is going on with Milford's contract only a few days ago on 360. Now all of a sudden it's breaking news everywhere and he's been chartering all over the country.

Also where does a private plane sit in regards to the salary cap?? Seems to be a few players chartering private planes nowadays and I can't see how an opposition team could be doing that without it being illegal. Also can't see a player forking out the cash for a private plane.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • pennywisealfie
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • mrslong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • lynx000
  • Maddy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.