CRICKET Australia v West Indies

Trav has A LOT of banked performances, but a golden double is unacceptable
In fairness, he has Covid, so he's probably not feeling great. At least they didn't have to play Renshaw.

In fairness, he has Covid, so he's probably not feeling great. At least they didn't have to play Renshaw.
Should be a massive black mark against him if he came into the test know he was that ill. Pure selfishness if so.

Cannot wait to have the same 11 rolled out in nz after what is, quite frankly, an all time embarrassment of a performance.

Should be a massive black mark against him if he came into the test know he was that ill. Pure selfishness if so.

Cannot wait to have the same 11 rolled out in nz after what is, quite frankly, an all time embarrassment of a performance.
He and Green both tested positive and had to isolate from the rest of the group. I don't know how sick either of them are/were but it's fair to say neither would've been at the top of their game. I don't understand the decision not to stand down players who test positive. They have reserves.

Dropped catches and the top 6 barely performing.

Got what we deserved

Cummins and Smith caught out padding those averages /s

Runs on the board matter Patty. Test wasn’t going 5 days, sure you got a chance to bowl at them at night, but in the end it didn’t matter

Smith, why would you take a single against a bloke looking for 7 wickets this innings bowling 150 clicks to make your absolute bunny of a #11 face even one delivery with only 10 runs to chase?

Just baffling, even taking hindsight criticism out of it.

Deserved punch in the mouth and shows we need to have players ready to take the field and not carry drinks every time they’re in the squad

GG Windies, always like seeing you guys do well

Looks like Marnus is going through a rough patch. Not the first batsman to have one.

I think he's batting like he has for most of his career.

I was always very scepticle when he went from a pretty average shield cricketer to a 60 average test batsman in the space of 18 months. Everything went his way, absolute purple patch of form right when he got selected over in England, coinciding with unprecedented luck (Dropped in nearly every big innings he ever made, often multiple times).

The last ~13 months has been the very overdue regression to the mean. I don't anticipate he's a 19 average test cricketer like he has been over that period, but I wouldn't be shocked if he settles around a 34-36 batting average in tests from this point forward.

I can't think of a better fast bowling performance by an opppsition bowler in Australia that I have seen. I was at the Gabba as a kid when Shoaib skittled us in an ODI but this shits all over that. Steyn was great at times here too but still nothing on this imo.

This India vs England test is a beauty too

To have a team 5-64 in the first session of the test and lose is pretty average for any team let alone us. I have a standard a lot higher than anything we have chucked up this summer. Sure you are going to lose a game every now and then at home but that’s just crap especially fielding and batting.

Very poorly run national side we are in a position where everyone is essentially 30 or older except green (Labs is 29 as well) and they bitch and moaned about the idea of even getting a single other player a go, even with 2 covid positives. The fact only 12 players played in a low-calibre summer for the second consecutive year (13 last year pretty sure) with aging players is fucken stupid and piss poor management. We now have an underperforming keeper for some time with our next option rarely playing red ball cricket. Very few batsman capable of stepping up if any at all but we don’t know that because they haven’t found out. Our only pace bowlers with test experience not in the side are 34, 33 and an injury prone 27 year old. Only 1 hundred all summer by the bloke who just retired and our bowlers struggled to get tail enders more than they did prime fucken Kohli.

What’s there to look forward to? Swepson, Neser, Morris, Boland, Inglis, Renshaw, Harris have all spent decent periods of time in test squads 2 of them haven’t capped, Neser and Swepson have played **** all, Renshaw since his first prolonged stint has barely played, Harris is garbage and Boland is just about to old to even bother playing again. This is what our back up situation looks like.

Look at what we did with our spinners over in Pakistan, Sri Lanka and India we gave blokes a go and now we are seriously flush with talent that we know we have. Murphy, Kuhnemann and Sweppo all capped with Sangha yet to come through and Rochichiolli looking good as well. Not to mention Agar is handy and a capped option as well. Thats how you create depth. This isn’t the broncos where you can run but some depth. You have to nurture and create it and for a country as big as ours at cricket it’s disgraceful we don’t have any.

I 100% understand that we don’t want to be handing out baggy greens like m&m’s but there is also a point where they are seriously fucking up our future and I think we are at that point where we are now entering an important few years of test cricket that you won’t be afforded to go through that process again for some time.

They are doing it in the one day system great but that is by no means in any remote universe a correlation to the test environment and what you can do to be successful. So means predominantly shit all to the test team. Just shows they are capable but the players are running the show and the players don’t want to miss test cricket, which is great if you play well. If you have a shitty summer and cap it off by losing to the Windies in an awesome development chance you deserve to cop some fucken heat from the public.

Congrats to the Windies, awesome performance by Shamar Joseph but just disappointing that in a series a rookie teared apart our overaged side were pretty disappointing in a fair few facets of the game.

I can't think of a better fast bowling performance by an opppsition bowler in Australia that I have seen. I was at the Gabba as a kid when Shoaib skittled us in an ODI but this shits all over that. Steyn was great at times here too but still nothing on this imo.

This India vs England test is a beauty too.

I know you said that you saw and may not have seen it but Hadlee 9/52 and 6/71 takes some beating at the 'Gabba. 54 runs in the first innings too.

New Zealand won by an innings and 41.

The 9/52 is the still the best ever bowling figures in Australia.

Great Test, really fun to watch and great bowling. Great emotions and the WI are such a happy team.

I really hope they can stay together and in fighting and boards don't drive them away.

Lara was speaking in Brisbane on Wednesday night and was confident and happy I thought he was mad but clearly he's a good judge. He kept saying they want to improve they want to be good Test players not just play five Tests to get a 20/20 gig.

Smith I thought was interesting. Reminded me of 2013 when he tinkered mid Test in Perth and sorted out a few things on the run. I think like Perth this might be a change for his opening career.

I know you said that you saw and may not have seen it but Hadlee 9/52 and 6/71 takes some beating at the 'Gabba. 54 runs in the first innings too.

New Zealand won by an innings and 41.

The 9/52 is the still the best ever bowling figures in Australia.
Yeah just going off who i've seen in my lifetime. Don't think there's been better this century.

England now getting on top of India after a 200 run 1st innings deficit!

What a win to WI and honestly, England and WI getting up over Australia and India on the same day if it happens is exactly what test cricket needs. I’m so happy for the WIndies, they have played with such passion and joy, so so good. S.Joseph looks like he’s going to be unplayable if he stays focused on tests. Fully deserved win.

As for the Aussie team, I just think in terms of batting, the dark times may well be coming, there really isn’t much coming through. This batting line up needs something, the bowlers have been papering over the cracks for some time. Surely Marsh, Labushagne and Carey must be under pressure.

If it were me, I’d be taking a punt on a couple of players. This team needs an injection of something. You have to start thinking about India and who might well be useful against them and the name that keeps popping into my head is Inglis.

It isn’t all doom and gloom, the bowlers again were really good but understandably fatigued. Green looked really good at times with both bat and ball, there were just some signs it might be starting to click. His wicket in the second innings was a really good ball. Smith looked as good as he has in years.

I’d be going with this for NZ:
1. Khawaja
2. Smith
3. Labushagne (but on notice)
4. Green
5. Head
6. Hardie
7. Inglis
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood

What a win to WI and honestly, England and WI getting up over Australia and India on the same day if it happens is exactly what test cricket needs. I’m so happy for the WIndies, they have played with such passion and joy, so so good. S.Joseph looks like he’s going to be unplayable if he stays focused on tests. Fully deserved win.

As for the Aussie team, I just think in terms of batting, the dark times may well be coming, there really isn’t much coming through. This batting line up needs something, the bowlers have been papering over the cracks for some time. Surely Marsh, Labushagne and Carey must be under pressure.

If it were me, I’d be taking a punt on a couple of players. This team needs an injection of something. You have to start thinking about India and who might well be useful against them and the name that keeps popping into my head is Inglis.

It isn’t all doom and gloom, the bowlers again were really good but understandably fatigued. Green looked really good at times with both bat and ball, there were just some signs it might be starting to click. His wicket in the second innings was a really good ball. Smith looked as good as he has in years.

I’d be going with this for NZ:
1. Khawaja
2. Smith
3. Labushagne (but on notice)
4. Green
5. Head
6. Hardie
7. Inglis
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Lyon
11. Hazlewood
Carey hit a 50 in the 1st innings ?
Why would he be under pressure ? Because you want Inglis in the side ?

Carey hit a 50 in the 1st innings ?
Why would he be under pressure ? Because you want Inglis in the side ?

You might not have seen it but if not for the stickiest bail of all time, he was clean bowled on practically nothing. If that bail had fallen as it should have (it was hit so hard it literally spun on top of the stump), he would have had yet another failure and this choice would not be even remotely controversial.

And yes, my post obviously said I want Inglis in the side, not only is he a better bat, he is a far better keeper.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • The True King
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dony Eliakim
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncs30
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Swordfish
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.