OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Those Melbourne guys (players and coaches) really know how to milk the money.

“He said if Craig’s after a four-year deal we can offer that, we turn over $31 million a year, there is no way the Broncos will outbid us."

If the chairman of the Storm doesn't know that turnover is totally irrelevant when it comes to how much salary you can afford to give someone, they have some serious damn problems

“He said if Craig’s after a four-year deal we can offer that, we turn over $31 million a year, there is no way the Broncos will outbid us."

If the chairman of the Storm doesn't know that turnover is totally irrelevant when it comes to how much salary you can afford to give someone, they have some serious damn problems

Turnover is relevant when paying a salary if half of the salary is off the books. :notevensayingit:

Still find it odd they are part-owned by a bookie. He would be privy to information other bookies would kill for. In fact was he one of the part owners when they got busted and heaps of people put money on them for the spoon before it broke?

I remember the Smith to Titans saga, which is what I assume he means.

Do you always remember things that didn't happen?

No that's not what I mean. I mean the Cronk to the Titans saga because that is what happened, not Smith. If I mean the Smith to the Titans saga I would have said that.

Still find it odd they are part-owned by a bookie. He would be privy to information other bookies would kill for. In fact was he one of the part owners when they got busted and heaps of people put money on them for the spoon before it broke?

They were owned by News when they got busted. News sold them in 2013.

Broncos are owned by a guy that taps people's phones for news stories!

My biggest concern with moving Wayne in and him signing with another club is the players he may take with him.

My biggest concern with moving Wayne in and him signing with another club is the players he may take with him.
Agreed.
However there is also a flip side to this. The players that will come to Brisbane if it does eventuate. It'll hopefully be like the Bennett of old - bringing players in on the cheap, or develop players that aren't playing to their potential at other clubs eg Addo-Carr.
I think Bellamy would be able to either buy or develop a genuine 7 for us, and I truly believe that Bellamy would be excited to coach players like Milf, TPJ, Roberts etc.. who I don't think would loose much going from Bennett to Bellamy.
Melbourne (apparently) went hard to sign Milford last year, so I dare say Bellamy has big wraps on Milf. Oates has also been linked to Melbourne, so we have the players that he would like to work with, I think.
I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to lure Munster, Coft, Walters or Jacks to come with him and play alongside Milf. He would also really test the likes of Boyd and bird, who to me, are too comfortable in the team, and don't seem to be going that extra mile.

One thing I found interesting in he WB interview fox did for his 800th was when he was speaking about Darius.

He said something along the lines of he started his career with me and now we'll finish it together.

I'm not sure of the specific timing of the interview but Ennis very slightly gave away that it was in the last week or so, probably before Tuesday, but I just found it interesting that he would say that given all the speculation around his future even before the Bellamy events this week.

Of course it may have just been Bennett thinking back to Boyd's contract signing last year, but it could be an inkling into his thinking for the future

I'd love for him to come but if Melbourne want to pay him that much, they can keep him! I'd prefer we kept WB on 1.2mil for another year and prepare for succession in 2020.

giphy.gif

They were owned by News when they got busted. News sold them in 2013.

Broncos are owned by a guy that taps people's phones for news stories!

morally questionable, but not really a conflict of interest.

He said something along the lines of he started his career with me and now we'll finish it together.

I'm not sure of the specific timing of the interview but Ennis very slightly gave away that it was in the last week or so, probably before Tuesday, but I just found it interesting that he would say that given all the speculation around his future even before the Bellamy events this week.

Of course it may have just been Bennett thinking back to Boyd's contract signing last year, but it could be an inkling into his thinking for the future

I picked up on that as well. I don’t believe Boyd would retire just because Bennett does though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you always remember things that didn't happen?

No that's not what I mean. I mean the Cronk to the Titans saga because that is what happened, not Smith. If I mean the Smith to the Titans saga I would have said that.
I remembered something different, evidently. Smith to Titans was a big story earlier in his career.

No offence intended mate.

I picked up on that as well. I don’t believe Boyd would retire just because Bennett does though.
Just found it interesting... also somewhat confirms that Bennett will or will have retired by 2021 given Boyd basically confirmed it will be his last contract.

So the storm earn more than the broncos ? Wouldn't have thought that

does he not realize we are the richest rugby league club in the country ... probably the world ... if we decide to get Bellamy at any cost (and money is the deciding factor) then the Storm have no chance at all.

The Storm may turnover 31 million a year (and i'm not sure i buy that, especially given every report suggests that only one NRL club makes a profit, and they are not located in Melbourne) ... but we turn over closer to $50 million a year

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Lazza
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.