OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Interesting fact when talking about whether we should get rid of Bennett for Bellamy ...

Both Bennett and Bellamy are at 7 wins and 5 losses for the year

and this is with the Storm having a team that has been pretty much unanimously consider much superior to our, including the great Smith and great Slater
Not to mention their injury toll being very light compared to our's threatening double figures. I don't need convincing on who I think the better coach is as it is no contest but not everyone shares my opinion.

Storm have been caught out by new rule interpretations as much as losing a champion 7 and smith subpar. Outside their spine our team is far superior I think. Difference is Bellamy has capability to adapt, Bennett refuses. Bellamy has a succession plan for 7 and 9 but ability to change if doesn’t work. We have no f***ing idea what a halfback is let alone how to keep or hire one.

Interesting fact when talking about whether we should get rid of Bennett for Bellamy ...

Both Bennett and Bellamy are at 7 wins and 5 losses for the year

and this is with the Storm having a team that has been pretty much unanimously consider much superior to our, including the great Smith and great Slater

Smith has been out for two of those and they have put scores on in-form teams. We haven’t put a score on anyone...

Coverage wise I still think the Broncos do well out of the Courier but favouritism wise I think that ended a long while ago and I don't think Fox do the Broncos too many favours.
The courier mail gives the brisbane broncos too much coverage? Its a brisbane newspaper... this gets put out there all the time by other teams fans. Do we complain about the amount of newcastle articles in the newcastle herald? What about the townsville bulletiens excessive amount of cowboys articles?

The courier mail gives the brisbane broncos too much coverage? Its a brisbane newspaper... this gets put out there all the time by other teams fans. Do we complain about the amount of newcastle articles in the newcastle herald? What about the townsville bulletiens excessive amount of cowboys articles?
Not sure he said it was too much. The CM covers all the qld nrl teams pretty comprehensively I feel.

Poor reading again- I didn't say too much at all. I said they do well, which they do. They're the biggest team in the state so get coverage but I think two things have changed. The Courier give better coverage to the other two teams, that never used to happen and the 'love' of the Broncos isn't as great. Once no way they write a negative story or push too hard now they do and don't really care.

Although they are playing catch up last week on this story and that's clearly pissed them off- it was interesting on Thursday night some very mad Courier guys with hurt pride.

Broncos do well out of the Courier
Im not sure how else to read that tbh, particularly in the context of you implying that brisbane get an unfair advantage by being owned by news media simply because someone pointed out that the storm are in the wrong. Can they do any wrong in your eyes?

Im not sure how else to read that tbh, particularly in the context of you implying that brisbane get an unfair advantage by being owned by news media simply because someone pointed out that the storm are in the wrong. Can they do any wrong in your eyes?

Never said too much and never said unfair.

They do well- show me a business that wouldn't like pages a day talking about them and about their staff? It's free advertising every day.

The conversation was about conflict of interests with a bookie owning a club I pointed out no different to a news organisation. The point being who cares who owns what as long as what they do is legal you could find a conflict with any of the six privately owned clubs if you want to look hard enough and imagine problems.

STORM DEAL TRUMPS BRONCOS’ BELLAMY BID
SUPERCOACH Craig Bellamy will take a substantial pay cut if he quits the Melbourne Storm to replace Wayne Bennett at the Brisbane Broncos.
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Bellamy’s current and soon-to-be-completed six-year contract with the Storm is worth a staggering $9 million — or $1.5 million a year.
The contract he signed in 2013 includes performance bonuses, a car, free petrol, overseas trips and domestic airfares.
The deal was done while News Corp still owned the Storm, knowing it would be a huge deterrent to potential buyers if Bellamy wasn’t in charge of the franchise.
The offer from the Broncos is $5.6 million over four years, or $1.4 million a year.
It was originally thought the Broncos offer would be greater than Melbourne’s because of their financial clout in a one-team, one-town, rugby league city.
The Storm will in fact turn over $52 million this year, almost $10 million more than the Broncos.
We first revealed last Sunday that Bennett was approaching his use-by date at the Broncos.
The club management was not happy about recent recruitment decisions, his poor handling of the Matt Lodge drama and that he was taking off for the Denver Test during a difficult season.
From Rothfield. It intrigues me how the Storm can turn over $52 mill. From what? Whatever it is, it's not a great profit maker.

From Rothfield. It intrigues me how the Storm can turn over $52 mill. From what? Whatever it is, it's not a great profit maker.

Interesting that Rothfield knows more about the Storm turnover that the Melbourne Chairman ... given he said recently that their turnover would be 31 million

maybe Slothfield is just making shit up again

Swear Kent said the other day they struggle to turn over a profit disputes the teams doimence

Interesting that Rothfield knows more about the Storm turnover that the Melbourne Chairman ... given he said recently that their turnover would be 31 million

maybe Slothfield is just making shit up again
I swear Slothfield must have at least a bottle of red before he writes his rants against bennett.. he just picks stuff out and talks about them as facts, and people in sydney believe it.

They are angry at him about recruitment, matt lodge, and the denver test? Like he was sneaking around behind the clubs back doing all this haha. I cant believe people rate him as a journalist, its sad

What’s this turnover shit?
On our financial report which is publicly available by the way, our gross turnover last year was 54 mill

On our financial report which is publicly available by the way, our gross turnover last year was 54 mill

you must be mistaken ... Rothfield said that the Storm's turn over ($52 million) is $10 million more than ours ... and Rothfield would never make shit up

Well 52 million is 10 million more than that according to Roth. Solid journalism.

you must be mistaken ... Rothfield said that the Storm's turn over ($52 million) is $10 million more than ours ... and Rothfield would never make shit up

Nah the drunk would be having trouble doing the math during the middle of the day

Unread

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • Cavalo
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.