OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

From Rothfield. It intrigues me how the Storm can turn over $52 mill. From what? Whatever it is, it's not a great profit maker.
Does anyone trust the Storm when it comes to finances?

Storm - weturn over 52 mil (makes the Alberici stuff up because turnover is not the same thing as profit)

Journo - 52 mil? Yeah show us the real books (not the ones you show the NRL salary cap auditor)....

Ps who gives a **** about turnover, we had a 4 mil iirc profit last year, that’s 4 mil available straight away. White should go on the news with an unsigned cheque for 4mil and see if Melb can match that....fuckers

Melbourne are $16 million in debt after buying the lease to Kealba a few years ago, they actually got a $3m advance from the NRL last October. The club had revenues around $45m last year, but $20m of that were from pokies. Melbourne have about $3m in the bank, Brisbane have $12m. The Broncos had $46.5m in revenue last year and no pokies. Melbourne have about $10m in net assets, Brisbane have about $34m. Melbourne lost $2.7m last year, Brisbane had a profit of $2.7m. At no stage have Melbourne had greater revenues than Brisbane, and Campbell's assertion is based on Melbourne's projected revenue this year against incorrect 2017 Brisbane revenue.

Does anyone know how long this is going to drag out for? Thought I read something about the Storm giving Bellamy a timeframe to have made his decision?

Does anyone know how long this is going to drag out for? Thought I read something about the Storm giving Bellamy a timeframe to have made his decision?

Apparently he was giving himself 2 weeks.

Apparently he was giving himself 2 weeks.
Yes Bellamy said he will look at things over the bye round this week end. So may be a decision before we play Storm just to add a bit of spice

Yes Bellamy said he will look at things over the bye round this week end. So may be a decision before we play Storm just to add a bit of spice
He will announce it in the post-match press conference. It will go something like "This is the second time this year that I have beaten Wayne. The third occasion is now, when I publicly announce that as of 2019 i will be the Broncos Head coach" ;)

He also said he may not even make a decision during that period, it may be a month before we even hear anything.

Bellamy can come to the broncos and coach the next cam smith in Macca

Melbourne are $16 million in debt after buying the lease to Kealba a few years ago, they actually got a $3m advance from the NRL last October. The club had revenues around $45m last year, but $20m of that were from pokies. Melbourne have about $3m in the bank, Brisbane have $12m. The Broncos had $46.5m in revenue last year and no pokies. Melbourne have about $10m in net assets, Brisbane have about $34m. Melbourne lost $2.7m last year, Brisbane had a profit of $2.7m. At no stage have Melbourne had greater revenues than Brisbane, and Campbell's assertion is based on Melbourne's projected revenue this year against incorrect 2017 Brisbane revenue.

Whoa, welcome back mate!

You win a premiership and make a loss of 2.7 mill
Imagine how much we would generate if we won a title

Funny thing is, Storm actually forecast they would start making profits in 2017 after barely breaking even in 2016, but nope. They just end up losing money.

Broncos profits are down by the looks of their annual report, but they are still making profits.

Funny thing is, Storm actually forecast they would start making profits in 2017 after barely breaking even in 2016, but nope. They just end up losing money.

Broncos profits are down by the looks of their annual report, but they are still making profits.

Down marginally yes, but they didn’t make as much as expected due to interest rates falling is all. In all other areas they exceeded their previous year performance, despite including some hefty payments for the Clive Berghoffer Centre in this year’s expenditure, something that won’t be repeated every year.

Legendary Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is set to leave the club at the end of the 2018 season, according to Nine NRL reporter Neil Breen.
Breen believes the Broncos delivered the news to Bennett during the week, after Bennett called a meeting with Brisbane CEO Paul White to discuss his future.
Bennett is currently contracted until the end of the 2019 season, but it looks as though he could be moved on a year earlier.
“The situation is Bennett’s finished at the Broncos,” Breen told 100% Footy on Monday night.
Wayne Bennett called the meeting with the board and [Broncos CEO] Paul White to say I want to talk about 2020 and beyond, and they said ‘we’re glad you came in, you’re not the person, we’re going to be succession planning in place’.

“They went into that meeting with Wayne that Wayne called and said ‘Wayne, it’s over’.”
Bellamy is the hot favourite to replace Bennett, with reports surfacing last week that the Broncos have already spoken to the Storm boss about bringing him to Brisbane.
“The situation is that away from these contracts, Bellamy is breaking up with one manager and signing up with a new manager,” Breen said.
“He doesn’t want to sign any contract until he has the new deal with the new manager and the deal with the old manager is finished.
“If Bellamy says he’ll go there next year, that’s it the Broncos will pay Bennett out.”
SEE ALSO: REPORTS: Several clubs lining up for Woods
Breen went on to suggest Queensland coach Kevin Walters was a candidate for the job, but given the fact the Broncos have overlooked him on countless occasions, the Maroons boss isn’t likely to join Brisbane.
From zero tackle.com
I have no idea how reliable Breen’s info is.

Well if this is the case surely the have signed Bellamy. Please tell me we aren’t stupid enough to move Bennett on without Bellamy locked up.

There is no way Bennett is moved on for anyone but Bellamy. Not a single chance.

Agree. If Bellamy re-signs with Storm we should probably just eat our humble pie and re-sign Bennett for an extra 2-3 years.

That Breen story is sus. He is having a bit of a guess and putting a few things together which might prove accurate or might not.

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Lurker
  • mieko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.