OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

If Bennett is sacked without Bellamy being signed, sealed and delivered, then we should absolutely sack Paul White too.

Bellamy I can half accept as a succession plan because he's 10 years younger and Bennett has to retire sometime, but sacking Bennett for any other reason is pure stupidity.
Maybe. Sometimes rookie coaches come along and show up the old masters. CB has done it to WB and I suspect IC (Ivan Cleary) may go to the Sydney Roosters soon and do it to CB.

Not yet he hasn't, not until he has won multiple premierships at multiple clubs without the greatest spine in the sport's history

This is the same argument people use to suggest Sir Alex Ferguson wasn't the greatest ever British football manager.

I think you can justify Bennett being better than Bellamy without the old "hasn't done it at multiple clubs" claim.

This is the same argument people use to suggest Sir Alex Ferguson wasn't the greatest ever British football manager.

I think you can justify Bennett being better than Bellamy without the old "hasn't done it at multiple clubs" claim.
Except the doing it at multiple club claims is a huge point in his favour, no denying it.

Like it or not, all of Bellamy's premiership, including the not counted cheating ones have been with the exact same 1/7/9 which are crucial in rugby league.

Bennett won multiple premierships with different clubs with different playmakers?

That doesn't fit my 'head-canon'!!!

Here's a good counter-argument: Those players would've always been successful regardless of the coaching.

Just take Mal Meninga. He had nothing to do with all that success at all.

Bennett won multiple premierships with different clubs with different playmakers?

Here's a good counter-argument: Those players would've always been successful regardless of the coaching.

I think the Dragons premiership was definitely first and foremost, Bennett's merit.

With the other premierships, like Mal, he deserves credit for getting the players to believe in themselves and each other. I do think that is a very underrated attribute, and how many tactically capable coaches fail.

People underestimate the work Mal had to do to turn everything around and get it all back on track.

It wasn't just simply waltz in, bark a few instructions and sit back.

People underestimate the work Mal had to do to turn everything around and get it all back on track.

It wasn't just simply waltz in, bark a few instructions and sit back.

Massive- because people either can't or don't remember what it was like when they took over they just reflect on the end product. Qld had lost the last three and game one. QRL didn't want Mal the FOGS did and pushed hard.

Origin was dead, Qld wouldn't win for years- Mal turned all that around and then people say it was easy anyone could have done it.

Inglis was talking the other day about his debut; they had six debutants game one 2006. A huge chunk of that side won eight in a row.

Same mistake people make with Bellamy and what he went down there to.

Alex is a great example of lots of things; for 20 years people said anyone could coach that club it's not that hard look at the money and players- since he retired premierships won 0 and gone through two more coaches.

Except the doing it at multiple club claims is a huge point in his favour, no denying it.

Like it or not, all of Bellamy's premiership, including the not counted cheating ones have been with the exact same 1/7/9 which are crucial in rugby league.

So creating stability and a cohesive team goes against him? So to be a good coach he needed to sack Smith just for fun and win?

So creating stability and a cohesive team goes against him? So to be a good coach he needed to sack Smith just for fun and win?

C'mon fella......not a single person has ever come close to suggesting that, and you know it

You're just trying stir the pot for some unknown reason

C'mon fella......not a single person has ever come close to suggesting that, and you know it

You're just trying stir the pot for some unknown reason

Not at all, if it’s going to be viewed as a negative for his coaching and people say doesn’t count until he doesn’t have them- then the solution as far as those people are concerned would be do without them.

So he can't win- have them- well you can't coach without them- get rid of them- what an idiot who would get rid of them.

Is Mal short for MichAeL Hagan or something?

Massive- because people either can't or don't remember what it was like when they took over they just reflect on the end product. Qld had lost the last three and game one. QRL didn't want Mal the FOGS did and pushed hard.

Origin was dead, Qld wouldn't win for years- Mal turned all that around and then people say it was easy anyone could have done it.

Inglis was talking the other day about his debut; they had six debutants game one 2006. A huge chunk of that side won eight in a row.

Same mistake people make with Bellamy and what he went down there to.

At least Mal did it immediately.

Bellamy took a few years and even then, within those few years, had to resort to cheating to field a team that was able to succeed.

Not even close to what I said.
The original claim I was responding to implied that winning at multiple clubs shouldn't be a point in Bennett's favour. I disagree, it's a huge point in his favour.

Good on Bellamy for working with he has, but it's only worked with the same core spine, he might be the best coach in the world with a specific set of players, but can he take a different group to the highest level? Bennett has shown he can, at rep level, and at a different club. Bellamy has totally failed at rep level, and has yet to coach another club. So naturally, he's unproven in that sense.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • scobie
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lakers133334
  • Aldo
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Hurrijo
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Brocko
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.