OFFICIAL Bellamy extends contract with Melbourne Storm

Agree. If Bellamy re-signs with Storm we should probably just eat our humble pie and re-sign Bennett for an extra 2-3 years.

If we don't get CB and Wayne spits then KW would step up I'm shore. Wayne would be the guy to take over Qld and build

There is no way Bennett is moved on for anyone but Bellamy. Not a single chance.

This. If they've told Bennett he's gone then Bellamy has signed. If he hasn't, then they're dumber than the average first year business management student, and they have to be prepared to pay him whatever he wants which puts Bellamy, and the Storm by extension, into a position of power in the negotiation.

Be embarrassing if his final year is a grand final winning year. Think that's happened before but I just don't remember who it was.

Be embarrassing if his final year is a grand final winning year. Think that's happened before but I just don't remember who it was.

I think we all know how optimistic of the boys chances I am, but even I can see that just isn't going to happen.

I think it's wide open this year. Anyone bar Parra and the Cows are in with a shot.

I think it's wide open this year. Anyone bar Parra and the Cows are in with a shot.
Absolutely wide open. There are no powerhouse sides which increases the Bronco's chances considerably. But the injury toll has to die down and they need to find consistent form. Two major factors obviously but the unexpected emergence of the young forwards means that even the impossible could be possible.

Absolutely wide open. There are no powerhouse sides which increases the Bronco's chances considerably. But the injury toll has to die down and they need to find consistent form. Two major factors obviously but the unexpected emergence of the young forwards means that even the impossible could be possible.
Totally agree.A month ago I wouldn't have given us a chance but truthfully now I firmly believe we are. I believe the bookies do too and we've been tightening slowly but surely. I just don't know if I can put my finger on it but something's clicked in the back of my mind and it's telling me we are going to get stronger and stronger as the season wears on, culminating in premiership favourtism.

Perhaps it's the enthusiasm of the young guys or the fact that we've had heaps of experience out and yet we've improved gradually. I'm genuinely excited just like I was before the season started.

Id happily suffer the embarrasment of winning a premiership....

If we don't get CB and Wayne spits then KW would step up I'm shore. Wayne would be the guy to take over Qld and build
If CB is to leave the MS and come to the BB, I think WB will be extremely unhappy with PW. I predict he won't be going to CB or PE but will be accepting a job with the GCT. Probably not on a lot of money because they can't afford it and WB will be getting paid by the BB regardless. That is assuming the GCT would be interested. They seem to be building reasonably well under GB. In the first half against the SR last week they were very good. BTW I've been denounced as a NK supporter (because I got on here to denounce WB and a number of players after the Newcastle game (or Newcastle disaster). I know, it doesn't quite add up for me either but Wolfy and others enjoy their little delusions. So, with that said in the interests of full disclosure, I may be biased because GCT are my second favorite team. IF BB can't win, I hope the GCT can.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how CB goes without CS, BS and CC in his team. So far without CC only, the jury is still out. Given the salary cap constraints and long-term deals for DB, JB and now MG (I know he is still a good player but he is past his best and now signed for another 4 years after this year), I very much doubt he will be able to turn us into the powerhouse MS has been within 2 or 3 years.

EDIT: Keep insults out of your posts

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can build and be a real threat but the key IMO is getting Jack Bird fit and firing. If Wayne can do that with Niko off the bench I'll be going to Sydney in Sept
imo in order for this to happen, he needs to play qcup. his fitness/form was already an issue, how's it going to be after another couple of weeks out? no point fitting him in just because.

at the very least, if you're not going to play him qcup, play him off the bench.

It was one of the Super 12 Franchises, I think the Brumbies. Rod???? was the coach.

Re the Breen comment, there is no substance to it. It was on the 100% Footy show last night and he and Gould were spruiking that because the Board (allegedly) did not accede to Bennett's request to be coaching here in 2020, that the situation is completely untenable now and regardless of whether we get Bellamy or not they allege that Bennett will not be here next year. More speculation and 2 + 2 = potato in my view.

It's obvious as **** that the media are going with the strategy that if they repeat it enough times, they can will it into reality.

I'm not gonna be happy with Bellyache infecting our club with his cancerous style but as the old saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining. Watching Melbourne fall back to earth with a thud is gonna be satisfying.

If CB is to leave the MS and come to the BB, I think WB will be extremely unhappy with PW. I predict he won't be going to CB or PE but will be accepting a job with the GCT. Probably not on a lot of money because they can't afford it and WB will be getting paid by the BB regardless. That is assuming the GCT would be interested. They seem to be building reasonably well under GB. In the first half against the SR last week they were very good. BTW I've been denounced as a NK supporter (because I got on here to denounce WB and a number of players after the Newcastle game (or Newcastle disaster). I know, it doesn't quite add up for me either but Wolfy and others enjoy their little delusions. So, with that said in the interests of full disclosure, I may be biased because GCT are my second favorite team. IF BB can't win, I hope the GCT can.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how CB goes without CS, BS and CC in his team. So far without CC only, the jury is still out. Given the salary cap constraints and long-term deals for DB, JB and now MG (I know he is still a good player but he is past his best and now signed for another 4 years after this year), I very much doubt he will be able to turn us into the powerhouse MS has been within 2 or 3 years.
Holy abbreviations. That was painful to read.

I'm not gonna be happy with Bellyache infecting our club with his cancerous style but as the old saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining. Watching Melbourne fall back to earth with a thud is gonna be satisfying.
Melbourne are a short-term problem. Long term it's better to see Sydney Roosters, Canterbury and even NQ struggle as they have far greater long-term potential. Personally I don't mind seeing NQ do well. Just unfortunate that recently it has been at our expense. Warriors also have a huge amount of potential upside.

If Bennett is sacked without Bellamy being signed, sealed and delivered, then we should absolutely sack Paul White too.

Bellamy I can half accept as a succession plan because he's 10 years younger and Bennett has to retire sometime, but sacking Bennett for any other reason is pure stupidity.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Spoon
  • broncs30
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Gympie devil
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • leon.bott
  • Financeguy
  • Fozz
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.