PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
I was having a top day until you posted asshole.

Snl Off Work GIF by Saturday Night Live

There's two particular types of posters on BHQ that I've found are, largely, on a hiding to nothing - those who cling to an irrational love of a player in the hopes of being right, and those that cling to an irrational hate of a player in the hopes of being right. Sometimes they're the same person, and they make a good example that it rarely ever works out.

And before you say, 'What about Wolfie?' - he doesn't count because his love of Pat was never irrational, he simply recognised greatness before anyone else.

I will admit I hated him joining us to begin with and saw it as a nepotism signing which from all accounts it probably was to begin with,
then why would I admit I was wrong? I never said that given enough game time he wouldn’t improve

There's two particular types of posters on BHQ that I've found are, largely, on a hiding to nothing - those who cling to an irrational love of a player in the hopes of being right, and those that cling to an irrational hate of a player in the hopes of being right. Sometimes they're the same person, and they make a good example that it rarely ever works out.

And before you say, 'What about Wolfie?' - he doesn't count because his love of Pat was never irrational, he simply recognised greatness before anyone else.
Honestly with pat Carrigan we all recognised how good he was Gunna be, just none of us were that passionate 😅

While it's not a high bar - Billy has recently put in the best performances in Broncos 9 jersey in over a decade. All while bearing the heat of being the "coaches son".

The guy is a legit Bronco imo
I was one of the ones calling him daddy’s special little guy and hanging shit on him. Billy has done a complete 180 from his form earlier this year. He is exactly what the team needs atm.

While on the topic on the #9:
Billy, Tyson and Blake is all the club needs. That’s it.
Paix? We tried. Didn’t work. Bye.

"Coach Walters" shouldn't pay Billy any more than 250k. If Billy can accept that maybe his "Dad" can help him pay the rent and buy him a new car for Christmas.
"Hunter" Walters should be slipping his old man a cut.

While on the topic on the #9:
Billy, Tyson and Blake is all the club needs. That’s it.
Paix? We tried. Didn’t work. Bye.

I like the little improvements Smoothie makes each week .
That pass around the back of the defender Friday night was classy . Also Kevvie putting the two hookers on together late in the game is a vote of confidence for Smoothie .
Better defender than Paix ...

I like the little improvements Smoothie makes each week .
That pass around the back of the defender Friday night was classy . Also Kevvie putting the two hookers on together late in the game is a vote of confidence for Smoothie .
Better defender than Paix ...
Oh yeah, I meant to ask about that but forgot......who came off so the smooth one and BW could both be on? And what position did Smoothie play if BW was hooker?

It's not even up for debate anymore.
Billy filled a hole out of necessity and has crushed it.
He had to learn at NRL level where every mistake is crucified.
For the first 12 rnds when he would take off from dummy half, pretty much guessing, he learned 2 things. When to run and when not to run and everything that goes with that like identifying players out of position, off balance or tired.
His passing has improved, his defence has improved and its clear he's a popular member of the group.
It's a good story and we should all embrace it not pick holes in his mistakes.

Yeah at this point we need to offload Paix, Smoothy deserves a top 30 spot next year but it would be hard while still having Paix, unless your keeping a high potential youngster on your books like Mozer you can't afford a situation where your not playing your top 30 Hookers.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • maddo
  • Socnorb
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • The Strapper
  • Mr Fourex
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.