Brisbane Broncos 2015 Predictions

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Ben Hunt
Top Try Scorer? Dale Copley
Rookie? Matt Parcell
Captain? Justin Hodges
Who Will They Sign? Hopefully Konrad Hurrell instead of Gagai. Jason Taumalolo would be good. I'd take Pauli Pauli or Dylan Napa too.
Who Will They Lose? Alex Glenn, Lowrie, Stagg and Thaiday. I think Glenn and Thaiday will go to the Cowboys.
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Well I didn't think everyone would turn against Garbutt so fast so I'll say him.
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Alex Glenn. He will lose his spot to Oates before Origin.
Best Forward? Corey Parker
Best Back? Ben Hunt
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Haha as if it's not going to be Bennett. But I'm going to guess the refs will cost everyone a few games too.
Who will be the best buy? Anthony Milford
Who will be the worst? Travis Waddell. He won't get a run.
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? Dale Copley
Who will be dropped from rep footy? Our players aren't the problem in the rep team. **** you Tim Sheens.

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Ben Hunt
Rookie? Joe Ofanhengaue
Captain? Justin Hodges
Who Will They Sign? Dane Gagai
Who Will They Lose? David Stagg (retirement)
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Jordan Kahu
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Jack Reed
Best Back? Ben Hunt
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Prior to his injury Boyd but I think Blair will cop it most if he doesn't make a positive impressions first season in and on the otherhand if the season is the slightest off the expectations it will be Wayne Bennett.
Who will be the worst? Travis Waddell
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? Dale Copley SOO debut
Who will be dropped from rep footy? no one

Last edited:
Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Anthony Milford
Rookie? Kodi Nikorima
Captain? Corey Parker
Who Will They Sign? Dane Gagai
Who Will They Lose? David Stagg (retirement)
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Jordan Kahu
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Andrew McCullough
Best Back? Anthony Milford
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Wayne Bennett.
Who will be the best buy? Anthony Milford / James Gavet
Who will be the worst? Mitch Garbutt
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? Dale Copley SOO debut
Who will be dropped from rep footy? Ben Hunt

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? - Ben Hunt
Top Try Scorer? - Jack Reed
Rookie? - Don't think there will be a consistent one to give rookie of the year to but if Parcells gets a run he will get it
Captain?- Justin Hodges
Who Will They Sign? - Trent Merrin, Dane Gagai
Who Will They Lose? - Hodges (Retirement), Glenn (Warriors), Josh McGuire (cant see Bennett forking out the dollars)
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? - James Gavet & I reckon Oates will have a breakout season
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? - Garbutt
Best Forward? - Matt Gillett (Bennett will bring him to another level)
Best Back? - Ben Hunt
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? - Adam Blair (like he was at the tigers)
Who will be the best buy? - Anthony Milford
Who will be the worst? - Travis Waddell
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? - Dale Copley
Who will be dropped from rep footy? - Alex Glenn

Hasn't Glenn already been dropped from rep footy?

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Hunt.Top Try Scorer? Kahu. Rookie? Garbutt Captain? Hunt.Who Will They Sign? Dane Gagai.
Who Will They Lose? Alex Glenn to Warriors & Jack Reed to Gold Coast & Sam Thaiday to Cowboys & Lowrie to Melbourne Stagg to retire.
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? KahuWho Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Boyd.Best Forward? McGuire. Best Back? Milford. Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Blair.Who will be the best buy? Milford.
Who will be the worst? Waddell.
Who will make their rep debut? Vidot.Who will be dropped from rep footy? Glenn already has been so No one.

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Hunt.Top Try Scorer? Kahu. Rookie? Garbutt Captain? Hunt.Who Will They Sign? Dane Gagai.
Who Will They Lose? Alex Glenn to Warriors & Jack Reed to Gold Coast & Sam Thaiday to Cowboys & Lowrie to Melbourne Stagg to retire.
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? KahuWho Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Boyd.Best Forward? McGuire. Best Back? Milford. Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Blair.Who will be the best buy? Milford.
Who will be the worst? Waddell.
Who will make their rep debut? Vidot.Who will be dropped from rep footy? Glenn already has been so No one.

Sorry to nitpick, but Best Forward McGuire, Best Back Milford, but Hunt best player?

Best player: Parker, especially if he's captain. I think other players will predict Hunt's running game and he won't be as effective this year. Also, Milf might need a year or 2 to adjust to the team and his new role before he excells, he'll still do well though.

Top tryscorer: Copley.

Rookie: Parcell or Offa

Captain: Parker. Hodge always gives 100% but he's too harsh on others and with young players like Milf they'll be needing encouragement and confidence.

Sign: It's too early to tell, but Id'e say a better winger to replace Maranta.

Lose: Dodds

Surprise: Gavet. He reminds me of Tapau, the kind of player that will bring aggression and power to our pack, one that other opponents fear. Also, I think he'll want to seize this opportunity and prove himself. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured much, his aggression doesn't lead him to giving away silly penalties and that he avoids trouble with players like Vidot.

Disappointment: Thaiday

Best forward and back: Parker and Copley

Scrapegoat: Bennett

Best and worst buy: Milford and Blair or Eden

Rep debut: Hunt for Qld on the bench. He provided spark for Aus + copes better defensively than DCE. Also, McGuire for Qld and Australia and Copley for Australia.

Dropped from rep footy: Hopefully Thaiday, but probably not.

Consistent: Glenn

Can't really understand why some are saying Waddel is the worst buy. Does anyone really expect someone just signed for some depth to set the world on fire and be our best player?

Best player: Parker, especially if he's captain. I think other players will predict Hunt's running game and he won't be as effective this year. Also, Milf might need a year or 2 to adjust to the team and his new role before he excells, he'll still do well though.

Top tryscorer: Copley.

Rookie: Parcell or Offa

Captain: Parker. Hodge always gives 100% but he's too harsh on others and with young players like Milf they'll be needing encouragement and confidence.

Sign: It's too early to tell, but Id'e say a better winger to replace Maranta.

Lose: Dodds

Surprise: Gavet. He reminds me of Tapau, the kind of player that will bring aggression and power to our pack, one that other opponents fear. Also, I think he'll want to seize this opportunity and prove himself. Let's just hope he doesn't get injured much, his aggression doesn't lead him to giving away silly penalties and that he avoids trouble with players like Vidot.

Disappointment: Thaiday

Best forward and back: Parker and Copley

Scrapegoat: Bennett

Best and worst buy: Milford and Blair or Eden

Rep debut: Hunt for Qld on the bench. He provided spark for Aus + copes better defensively than DCE. Also, McGuire for Qld and Australia and Copley for Australia.

Dropped from rep footy: Hopefully Thaiday, but probably not.

Consistent: Glenn
by most reports Parker is the abrasive player at times and Hodges is the player that the younger guys look to. I might be wrong but that is the impression I get from the reports I read

Can't really understand why some are saying Waddel is the worst buy. Does anyone really expect someone just signed for some depth to set the world on fire and be our best player?

Because he is entirely useless. I don't understand why people think it is okay to sign an utterly shit player who offers nothing as long as he's cheap and for depth..

Furthermore, his presence might just lead to bench gigs or replacing an unavailable Macca instead of Parcell or someone else. Which just makes him that much more useless.

There is literally no upside to Waddell. Blair might be over rated (IMO) but I can see scenarios where he turns out to be a good buy. I can't see any with Waddell.

When it was said he'll be in our 17 before injury then yeah.

So, if macca gets injurred.... out for 6weeks, who the **** plays hooker? Parcell?? Not one single game of NRL expected to start tackling origin players week to week who have been in first grade for years? Waddell is there to fill this gap. When building a roster, you have to account for every scenario!

Who Will Be The Broncos Best Player Next Season? Corey Parker
Top Try Scorer? Copley
Rookie? Parcell
Captain? Hodges
Who Will They Sign? Gagai, Merrin
Who Will They Lose? Dodds, Drew, Glenn, Lowrie, Stagg, Strasser,
Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Parcell & Blair
Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Boyd - will try and come back too soon, won't be 100%
Best Forward? Parker
Best Back? Hunt
Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? Referees, NRL, Bennett
Who will be the best buy? Milford
Who will be the worst? Waddell - he is a waste
Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? McQuire to crack the Qld bench
Who will be dropped from rep footy? Hodges to be given the tap on the shoulder that its time to retire from rep footy

Rookie? Not sure. I would like to see at least 2 players make their first grade debut this year. Don't really care who. It's an embarrassment to the club that we only had one rookie last year after the season we had.

Captain? Darius Boyd when he returns. Hodges to fill in. I would say Parker but he's had running battles with the referee which I don't like seeing. He's also our goal kicker and best forward. Too much responsibility for one player.

Who Will They Sign? I hope the rumours of Gagai signing are true. He would be awesome.

Who Will They Lose? Not counting retirements. I'm tempted to say McGuire. He had an excellent season last year so will no doubt attract a lot of interest from other clubs. Vidot as well.

Who Will Be The Biggest Surprise? Adam Blair - the bar has been set so low for him on this forum he can't really do anything but impress.

Who Will Be The Biggest Disappointment? Not sure - I don't consider lack of game time or being a back up as signs of a disappointment.

Best Back? Dale Copley

Who will be the biggest scapegoat on here? I'll say Bennett. Both the Pro and Anti brigades will be ready to go from round 1 onwards.

Who will be the worst? Not sure - I think all of our new recruits have potential and have been signed for a reason. The team sheet for Round 1 will be very interesting.

Who will make their Australian/New Zealand/England/Queensland/NSW debut? Ben Hunt for QLD

Who will be dropped from rep footy? Interesting year for QLD. Maybe Hodges. I won't say he had a bad series in 2014 but his best game was game 3 - a dead rubber. Form in a dead rubber shouldn't be part of the equation, imo.

This is a terrific point, Broncs4life and welcome to the forum!

Hunt's running game didn't work against the top tier teams this year. I said a while ago he may be in for a tough season in 2015 as you don't come within a breath of winning the Dally M without attracting the attention of all other coaches. The hunter has become the hunted, so to speak. I hope he kicks on.

Regarding Milford, most of us on here are already convinced he'll be awesome. The reality is he's got more of a chance of under-performing than Waddell, Blair or any of the guys that are used as punching bags on here. I've said it before but playing for the Broncos is not like playing for other clubs. Having Bennett back will be a godsend.

Put another way, I'll know we're in trouble if I log in to the Live Game or Post-Match threads and read things like Milford had some "nice touches" or "showed what he's capable of" etc, etc.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.