Broncos need ..... ????

We have a shot next year with Storm going to not be at there best without Cronk and Slater. We just need to sort out those things that i have said above a little while back. Cowboys, Manly will be our Tough teams to vs next season.

Genuine size in the forwards.

Cam Smith is reported to have requested this when asked by Bellamy what it is he needs for the club to move forwards.

Certainly seems to have helped them the last few years.

I believe we have a chance next year to win, we still have the squad to win it. Hunts a big loss as well as Blairs offloads.

Whats everyone else thoughts do you think we have a chance next year?

Ive got faith in this teams ability..... but its thurstons last season and possibly slaters. The losing team of this years grand final will be given a golden ticket for next year. The only other possibility is a parramatta eels premiership to appease the Sydney fans with an underdog-nostalgic premiership. It will be seen in the draw, the 50/50 decisions, judiciary results, what area of the game they are cracking down on, and innapropriate video ref involvement/dubious decision...

I believe we have a chance next year to win, we still have the squad to win it. Hunts a big loss as well as Blairs offloads.

If we can find the hunger again, sure.

We need to make a few signings in the forwards, sign some blokes that are further along in their development and can handle the grind of the NRL. Our depth is going to be tested next year if we don't.

If we get a bit of luck with injuries, we're as good a chance as any.

But if we go into next season with the same mental fortitude.. We're not coming close.

Some way to match it with a forward pack of Scott, McLean, Cooper, Taumalolo and Hess, backed up by Granville, Morgan and Thurston. Damn.
Don't forget Bolton and Asiata. Plus I think Jensen is going to be a weapon in the years to come

And the fact that Morgan, JT and Granville can make an incredibly average backline look good.

The difference a year has made to Offa, TPJ and Ese'Ese is amazing. We're losing one of them but if the other two continue to improve they'll be two of the most, um, impactful bench players in the comp.

Highly doubt it.

Don't forget Bolton and Asiata. Plus I think Jensen is going to be a weapon in the years to come
And Ethan Lowe... they surely have to be favourites next year...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8032f8bcc8edb71918887ff91a00e066

Looking at this article on how storm put their team together, they have been the worst thing to ever happen to this club by a long stretch. "The broncos have Brisbane to themselves and they still can't win a premiership"..... the storms whole team fell into their lap via norths with a Fijian and a few kiwis thrown in. We need to get all of Brisbane back. Between Melbourne, the raiders (although they have now departed I believe?), the titans deciding that if you wear a broncos jersey they want to buy you, and every team having talent scouts up here, we would be lucky to have 1/10th of Brisbane...

We underestimated the storms ability to steal our juniors and it will take years to get it back....

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/8032f8bcc8edb71918887ff91a00e066

Looking at this article on how storm put their team together, they have been the worst thing to ever happen to this club by a long stretch. "The broncos have Brisbane to themselves and they still can't win a premiership"..... the storms whole team fell into their lap via norths with a Fijian and a few kiwis thrown in. We need to get all of Brisbane back. Between Melbourne, the raiders (although they have now departed I believe?), the titans deciding that if you wear a broncos jersey they want to buy you, and every team having talent scouts up here, we would be lucky to have 1/10th of Brisbane...

We underestimated the storms ability to steal our juniors and it will take years to get it back....

Yep, and the Storm have Melbourne and Victoria to themselves, but still, 20 years since inception, rely on stealing jrs from other states to succeed. Other clubs that have an advantage over us when it comes to retaining jrs in the current system: the Cows pretty much have everything North of the Sunny Coast (although the Storm are sticking their grubby little fingers into places like Rocky), the Warriors have first dibs on NZ talent (although, to be fair, NZ gets pillaged regularly by parasitic clubs like the rorters and storm), the Raiders have the ACT and strong holds in NSW and QLD to themselves. **** it, give the NSWankers what they want: bring in another Brisbane team and kick everyone else the hell out of our city. Breed your own jrs or compensate us for providing so much talent.

Clubs should receive cap concessions or some sort of compensation for jr development. Clubs like the rorters and storm aren't even trying to develop worthwhile jrs in their own regions.

The difference a year has made to Offa, TPJ and Ese'Ese is amazing. We're losing one of them but if the other two continue to improve they'll be two of the most, um, impactful bench players in the comp.
You could say they embiggen our pack in a perfectly cromulent way ...

Fell into their lap what an ignorant thing to say- those guys were placed at Norths! Slater came in after going to Redcliffe first and Dolphins turned him away.

They haven't had Norths as a feeder since 2007. Yet their talent spotting has continued- do you think maybe they're just good at it?

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • Tmac
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • Shane Tronc
  • Behind enemy lines
  • LittleDavey
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fatboy
  • OzeMike
  • Big Del
  • sooticus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.