Broncos need ..... ????

Well from what I've seen of some of halves defence, a 12 year could probably defend better at times. If there's a kid with talent play him up in Queensland cup early, and if knik and/or Milford struggle give him a shot if he has proven he's up that level, later in the year. We need a utility anyway, but I'd rather play with 4 forwards or a dodgy winger if he's not up to job

It's just a shame to see what abuse, whether it's drugs or alcohol can have on a person.

Brett along with Tim Smith should have gone onto have good NRL careers but their poor choices off the field cost them dearly.

Anyone who saw Seymour in 2004-2005 would have seen just how well he complemented Lockyer. And was still very young so could have developed even further. Poor bugger just couldn't beat his demons.

Yes, but that doesn't mean Milford should be the organising half because he gets paid that much, which is what you said.

He isn't an organiser and trying to make him one, is counterproductive and stifling his best attributes.
He will natually get better at it as he matures, like Locky did, but not if his round shape keeps getting pushed into a square hole...

I don't recall using the word organizing in my original post. I said dominant ...

IMO, he goes MIA far too much when he had a more experienced half along side him. he looked nervous about over ruling his halves partner and seemed to go back into his shell.

He really needs to fix that in his game.

Ideally, we would have a half the could do a job organizing the play, so Milf could just jump in when he see's something and i don't think that will be like Kodi (his strengths are too silimar to Milford). Taylor would have been perfect for this role IMO, but not at his price tag.

Ash Taylor has reportedly been offered a very lucrative 3 year deal to stay at the Titans. He has until November 1 to accept it.

The Titans have also offered Tyrone Roberts an upgraded two year deal as he rejected their previous offer.

It seems the Titans are going for a Roberts-Taylor combo in the halves so it seems Elgey is going to be on the outer.

Ash Taylor has reportedly been offered a very lucrative 3 year deal to stay at the Titans. He has until November 1 to accept it.

The Titans have also offered Tyrone Roberts an upgraded two year deal as he rejected their previous offer.

It seems the Titans are going for a Roberts-Taylor combo in the halves so it seems Elgey is going to be on the outer.

Hopefully we make Elgey's day and take Taylor back. Even if he turns out to be rubbish (Still seems like it's an option), we can **** the Titans future up a bit.

paix is fairly robust, plays both sodes of the ruck and has really good vision.
he also is a solid kid and defensively good too.
he is not afraid to straighten the attack either and take a hit to put someone in a hole or better position.
Yeah he sounds neat. Anyone have any idea how his name is pronounced? Is it "Pikes" or "Pakes" or is the x silent or...?

Hopefully we make Elgey's day and take Taylor back. Even if he turns out to be rubbish (Still seems like it's an option), we can **** the Titans future up a bit.
Tbh I think it'd **** the titans future more if we forced them to pay more then $1.2 million a year for him. 1 mill + players are expected to win games for their team despite the team around them wouldn't everyone agree. People are having a go about Milford not performing like a million dollar player. Him being out of form with a bung shoulder won more games for us this year then what Taylor has, and if anyone disagrees I'm not even going to bother, just look at the nrl table (I'm in NO WAY implying they are completely responsible for their teams positions on the ladder, but the positions on the ladder would indicate that the people playing in such pivotal positions would be responsible for a certain percentage of wins, if that makes sense)

The thing with Milford he has a dangerous step but he needs to learn when to use it on multiple occasions this season hes gone to step on last and has got caught out and he throws a stupid pass that hits the ground and has to be cleaned up and we have made the opposition get more ground then they should have instead of kicking it into the back 10 and tackling them so there in where we want them. So next season we need to sort out what our last tackle kicking options are going to be because its not always working for us. Here is an example of one of them. Hes tended to do it more in this season then any other as well maybe because of Moga and not having reed there to work with as well just maybe.

a half with a good kicking game, a fullback that returns the ball with some venom instead of dishing it off to his winger or submitting in a tackle & some props that can provide some decent go forward.

TO WIN A FUCKING PREMIERSHIP

Last edited:
a half with a good kicking game, a fullback that returns the ball with some venom instead of dishing it off to his winger or submitting in a tackle & some props that can provide some decent go forward.

TO WIN A FUCKING PREMIERSHIP

While I don't disagree with any of your points, you're basically saying we need a cleanout, and that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

I don't recall using the word organizing in my original post. I said dominant ...

IMO, he goes MIA far too much when he had a more experienced half along side him. he looked nervous about over ruling his halves partner and seemed to go back into his shell.

He really needs to fix that in his game.

Ideally, we would have a half the could do a job organizing the play, so Milf could just jump in when he see's something and i don't think that will be like Kodi (his strengths are too silimar to Milford). Taylor would have been perfect for this role IMO, but not at his price tag.
Ok, I read the dominant bit as the half that takes the reigns of the game (organiser).

Regardless, I disagree with that bold bit.
In fact, I think he tried to do exactly what you would ideally see him do, although he lacked in execution, tried too hard, and to be fair... most other players around him weren't having their best games either.

Whatever you call him, he needs to be a game breaker to justify his salary, but on the other hand, I think the role being pushed on to him (partially through lack of options) is a detriment to his best attributes and talent.

While I don't disagree with any of your points, you're basically saying we need a cleanout, and that isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

I'd say the only premiership quality positions we have at the moment are our wingers and our right centre, everyone else is a bit ho hum.

I'd say the only premiership quality positions we have at the moment are our wingers and our right centre, everyone else is a bit ho hum.

Oates
Roberts
Milford
Nikorima
McGuire
Gillett
TPJ
Joe O
Glenn

Those are the only ones I'd be saying are must keeps if it ever came to it. The rest would be on notice to lift or see themselves out.

Oates
Roberts
Milford
Nikorima
McGuire
Gillett
TPJ
Joe O
Glenn

Those are the only ones I'd be saying are must keeps if it ever came to it. The rest would be on notice to lift or see themselves out.

Nikorima hasn't showed he is a must keep yet

They might just shoot themselves in the foot putting ultimatums especially ones they are not in a good position to keep.

Taylor still has a year on his contract and they are denying him any right to test the market during an offseason if this story is true. Shows how desperate and insecure they are. And if he tells the mm to go f*** themselves what do GC do? Not as if they are actually going to not pay him overs later and instead get a superstar to replace him on the cheap. They don't even have their coach settled. These sort of d*** moves can wake a person up and be prepared to take less somewhere else especially if the real desire is to learn to be a better player, play SOO and win premierships which Titans will not facilitate. But if he takes the millions can't blame that either.

Unread

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • kiwibronco
  • marw
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.