Broncos need ..... ????

I actually think that what the Broncos need most are players with intelligence especially in the halves. Milford as the 6 and the dominant half worries me. Not because of lack of talent but I question whether he has the mind to be at the helm. Have a look at the best halves in the modern era...guys lock Lockyer, Johns, Cronk and Thurston. Besides being great athletes, they had great football minds. Smith has a great football mind. Every great team needs a leader, someone who not only leads but sees what is in front of them and can make key decisions on the spot and evolve with the game at hand.

Great players whether it be basketball ( think Magic Johnson, Jordan, Kobe Bryant etc) or Leauge have players that always seem to have time when everyone else looks rushed. Until the Broncos secure that guy I can't see the Broncos winning a championship. At present the two young halves that look like they have those skills are Clearey and Taylor. Hopefully their is someone coming through that has those qualities. Sorry, but I don't think Hunt had it, I don't think Milford has it (see him better suited in the one) and I don't think Kodi has it.

Just my two cents.
The problem isn't his mind, but the execution of a vital skill (kicking) and a lack of self-belief to take control when the team is on the back foot. I'm hoping that changes next year, with hunt and Marshall gone. He otherwise has the ability to dominate a game and the only one stopping him stares at him every day from the mirror.
Its another reason not to sign Carney (do we really need more?)

If we sign Carney we should also sign Russell Packer - think of the shenanigans those two would get up to on Suncorp.

I think it would be good for Milford to move out of home, assuming he still lives in Inala. Our resident vietnamese/white/black LBGT/straight man/woman stalker FaithinHook to confirm. He might be too comfortable atm, might make him grow up a bit too.

Carney can teach Milf about that pee drinking diet Madonna and Todd speak so highly about. Maybe we will get a slimmed down Milf who enjoys pee next season. Also, don't google that.

@Smokin' Joe and @talanoa probably would have seen a bit more of him than me but from what I have seen he is a game managing halfback.

He has great passing, running and kicking game and uses those smartly.

paix is fairly robust, plays both sodes of the ruck and has really good vision.
he also is a solid kid and defensively good too.
he is not afraid to straighten the attack either and take a hit to put someone in a hole or better position.

paix is fairly robust, plays both sodes of the ruck and has really good vision.
he also is a solid kid and defensively good too.
he is not afraid to straighten the attack either and take a hit to put someone in a hole or better position.

Exactly what we need.

Hopefully we can lock him up long term and groom him to be be Milford's half partner.

here is the carney file - hollywood film writers couldnt come up with all this shit in their wildest dreams. i will prob get shot down by the do gooders but i had a good laugh going through it all. he was proper loose!!

December 2006
Carney charged with drink driving and reckless driving in Goulburn and later suspended from driving for five years.
May 2007
Carney and team-mate Steve Irwin pursued by police through Canberra. Carney abandoned car and fled on foot, leaving Irwin in the passenger seat. Carney charged with multiple offences. He was placed on a 12-month good-behaviour bond, banned from driving until 2012 and sentenced to 200 hours of community service. The Raiders retained Carney.
July 2008
Carney alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub. He was suspended by the Raiders but the complaint was withdrawn. Canberra issued an ultimatum to Carney, which included five-points that would see him cease all football with the club for the remainder of the season, go on an alcohol ban until 2012, undergo counselling, complete a community service program and pay a $20,000 fine. Carney asked for a variation that would avoid points one and two.
August 2008
The Canberra Raiders sack Carney.
February 2009
Carney involved in vandalism in Goulburn. He receives a 12-month suspended sentence and undertakes alcohol counselling.
March 2009
Carney signs to play with the Atherton Roosters.
December 2009
Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made
March 2009
December 2009
Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made.
September 2010
Carney wins Dally M Medal while playing for the Sydney Roosters.
February 2011
Carney faces a low-range drink-driving charge and is stood down by the Roosters.
April 2011
He is found to be drinking with team-mate Anthony Watts and stood down indefinitely by the NRL. He returns in round 10.
August 2011
Carney and team-mates Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break a team agreement and are caught drinking. The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.
October 2011
Cronulla announce it has signed Carney to a two-year deal.
June 2014
Carney turns in a man-of-the-match performance to lead Cronulla to a win over Brisbane, but two nights later is sacked after a photo of him urinating into his own mouth is leaked on social media.

here is the carney file - hollywood film writers couldnt come up with all this shit in their wildest dreams. i will prob get shot down by the do gooders but i had a good laugh going through it all. he was proper loose!!

December 2006
Carney charged with drink driving and reckless driving in Goulburn and later suspended from driving for five years.
May 2007
Carney and team-mate Steve Irwin pursued by police through Canberra. Carney abandoned car and fled on foot, leaving Irwin in the passenger seat. Carney charged with multiple offences. He was placed on a 12-month good-behaviour bond, banned from driving until 2012 and sentenced to 200 hours of community service. The Raiders retained Carney.
July 2008
Carney alleged to have urinated on a man at a Canberra nightclub. He was suspended by the Raiders but the complaint was withdrawn. Canberra issued an ultimatum to Carney, which included five-points that would see him cease all football with the club for the remainder of the season, go on an alcohol ban until 2012, undergo counselling, complete a community service program and pay a $20,000 fine. Carney asked for a variation that would avoid points one and two.
August 2008
February 2009
Carney involved in vandalism in Goulburn. He receives a 12-month suspended sentence and undertakes alcohol counselling.
March 2009
December 2009
Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made
March 2009
December 2009
Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire on New Year's Eve. No formal complaint was made.
September 2010
February 2011
Carney faces a low-range drink-driving charge and is stood down by the Roosters.
April 2011
He is found to be drinking with team-mate Anthony Watts and stood down indefinitely by the NRL. He returns in round 10.
August 2011
Carney and team-mates Nate Myles and Frank-Paul Nuuausala break a team agreement and are caught drinking. The Roosters release Carney from the final year of his contract.
October 2011
June 2014
Carney turns in a man-of-the-match performance to lead Cronulla to a win over Brisbane, but two nights later is sacked after a photo of him urinating into his own mouth is leaked on social media.
Makes me proud to be from Goulburn

December 2006
May 2007
July 2008
August 2008
February 2009
March 2009
December 2009
March 2009
December 2009
September 2010
February 2011
April 2011
August 2011
October 2011
June 2014
I can't believe he wasn't banned after lighting a guys pants on fire, twice! It feels like he's been gone forever but it was 2014 when he was last playing here? I don't really remember him after 2010.

we don't have an organizing halfback to pair along side Milford right now ... and i can't think of one that is even half decent that we could get for what we could afford given we have spent our cash on Milford
Yes, but that doesn't mean Milford should be the organising half because he gets paid that much, which is what you said.

He isn't an organiser and trying to make him one, is counterproductive and stifling his best attributes.
He will natually get better at it as he matures, like Locky did, but not if his round shape keeps getting pushed into a square hole...

I can't believe he wasn't banned after lighting a guys pants on fire, twice! It feels like he's been gone forever but it was 2014 when he was last playing here? I don't really remember him after 2010.

i think that was my error, i doubled up on a few things. im pretty sure he only did it once.
yeah 2014 he got the spear.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • heartly87
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.