Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake Austin won best five-eight at the Dally M's and he is not the best number 6 option in the NRL. The Dally M awards literally mean nothing as far as who actually was the best throughout the year. With that said, I know I have said a bit of negative stuff about Roberts. I don't think we necessarily needed him but I'm happy we signed him. I just think people need to be more realistic about how good his 2015 season was.

Blake Austin won best five-eight at the Dally M's and he is not the best number 6 option in the NRL. The Dally M awards literally mean nothing as far as who actually was the best throughout the year. With that said, I know I have said a bit of negative stuff about Roberts. I don't think we necessarily needed him but I'm happy we signed him. I just think people need to be more realistic about how good his 2015 season was.
Agree... the Dally M voting means nothing, especially when you're in a team like the Tits, where as the only above average player, you're likely to hog all the Dally M points!

Having said that, Roberts is an exciting project, and I hope he thrives in our system.

Hi Chew

Welcome aboard. Not SURE how long you have been supporting the team ,but, in any case, I am loving your enthusiasm! I am also quiet impressed by your analysis of MILF's game last season (you obviously have a good understanding of the finer points of NRL).

Anyways ,again, it's great to have new subscribers join the team here at BHQ and I am sure it wont be long at all until you really feel part of the family. Enjoy your stay and we all look forward with great interest to your next posting with even further analysis :welcome:

G,day faith...
Thanks for the warm welcome
I've been a casual Broncs supporter for many years & a passionate one for the last 5 or so years. Looking forward to getting to know the BHQ crew through 2016.

G,day faith...
Thanks for the warm welcome
I've been a casual Broncs supporter for many years & a passionate one for the last 5 or so years. Looking forward to getting to know the BHQ crew through 2016.

Be careful what you wish for...

The Bulldogs are looking to lighten their load by attempting to offload giant forward Lloyd Perrett before the season starts.

Blessed with the biggest pack in the business, the Bulldogs have been shopping the 113kg monster to rival clubs as they look to free up salary cap cash.

The Bulldogs will free up as much as $900,000 over the next three years should they be able to find the brother of winger Sam a new NRL home.

Bulldogs out to offload Perrett | NRL | Zero Tackle

He's been spoken about before as a target for us, might be a great time to swoop, not sure if we've got the funds though, might be forced to offload Copley +1 more.

Last edited:
$300k a year for someone who's barely played first grade? And remember Klemmer was signed to
a $333k a year deal before a single game of NRL? How do the Bulldogs keep under the cap with that sort of money tied up in prospects?

300k.. Played 22 games, no rep games.

No thanks.

Even if we do get him at a bargain price.. How much would we have to pay once that contract is over?

Last edited:
Roberts will push out jennings either to wing or out of nsw side this yr..Ferguson or Dugan in 1 centre and Roberts the other.

Not a chance. Jennings always performs for NSW and won man of the match in game 2, can never remember Jennings ever playing a bad game for the Blues ever. Jennings has a Blues spot for life.

Well when James Roberts wins dally m centre again it will force a reshuffle. Gonna be hard to select there backs. Dugan, Ferguson, Morris bros, Roberts, Jennings, Mansour, Tedesco..

I'm not necessarily talking about Jennings but the fact so many Blues players have a spot "for life" is one of the reasons they get smashed .

I like the look of Lloyd Perrett and on another day I'd be tempted to sign him but right now the Broncos need to focus on their roster management. They have a lot of quality young forwards and its important they retain their services if they want to mount a challenge for years to come. I'm sure Perrett will find a home elsewhere and he'll be a handy addition to any squad in the NRL. If I was Ricky Stuart, I'd be on the phone right away.

As for NSW, who cares? There's a perfectly fine Origin board. If you want to discuss the make-up of the team, I'd suggest you'd use it.

Lloyd Perrett always looks like he's been surprised by the sudden taste of shit in his mouth.

250px-Lloydperrett.jpg

image.ashx

933522-cda1afb8-16aa-11e3-8a57-4846b64154e2.jpg

Lloyd-Perrett.jpg

I like the look of Lloyd Perrett and on another day I'd be tempted to sign him but right now the Broncos need to focus on their roster management. They have a lot of quality young forwards and its important they retain their services if they want to mount a challenge for years to come. I'm sure Perrett will find a home elsewhere and he'll be a handy addition to any squad in the NRL. If I was Ricky Stuart, I'd be on the phone right away.

As for NSW, who cares? There's a perfectly fine Origin board. If you want to discuss the make-up of the team, I'd suggest you'd use it.

Maybe because it's called origin 2015 tbf

Someone said that we had 5 days to register Roberts contract. I think that would make today d-day so if Copley is moving on for salary cap reasons then we should hear today as well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.