Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sam Thaiday has more than earned the right for him to decide whether he wants to continue playing or not.
of course he does, but if his form is crap he should get used to playing for souths logan until his contract expires.

Would like to get your thoughts on this smokin joe? I know you think highly of him , should we / can we offer him more ? Do you think bird was a good option?

Even if we loose 4-5 players because of it ? By the sounds of it he doesn't even want to come here . Oates and pangai will need upgrades next year and we still need a half , we r going to need props not centers. He can stay in the shire i think !
Well, he isn't staying in the Shire because he has signed a contract with the Broncos and will immediately make the side better upon his arrival. When is the last time that Bennett assembled a roster that wasn't a contender? A few people are panicking because a couple of fringe players are packing up and leaving. The likes of Wendell, Lote, Izzy and the K man etc. were big losses to the club. The departures of Moga, Herman, Offa and the like is not concerning even in the least.

Well, he isn't staying in the Shire because he has signed a contract with the Broncos and will immediately make the side better upon his arrival. When is the last time that Bennett assembled a roster that wasn't a contender? A few people are panicking because a couple of fringe players are packing up and leaving. The likes of Wendell, Lote, Izzy and the K man etc. were big losses to the club. The departures of Moga, Herman, Offa and the like is not concerning even in the least.

You need forwards and depth in the forwards . Lately it's been a merry go round up front . They may not be big losses now but wgo knows further down the track. How many teams have 2 centers on $600k plus , we will need to . Bird's well known attitude could be an issue, especially if he doesn't want to be here .

You need forwards and depth in the forwards . Lately it's been a merry go round up front . They may not be big losses now but wgo knows further down the track. How many teams have 2 centers on $600k plus , we will need to . Bird's well known attitude could be an issue, especially if he doesn't want to be here .
Don't worry about things before they even occur. The Broncos are in good hands and they will continue to contend for the title. They may even win it this year or next or both.

Moga is almost certain to sign with Newcastle and I think that's absolutely terrible by him. Broncos signed him on a low contract because he was in reserve grade and injury prone. Now he has played half a season he thinks he deserves a big payday that's bullshit. Broncos are the reason he is playing in the NRL, they are the reason he is improving. Now for him to go and just push us aside it just a completely low blow, he should be showing us the loyalty like we showed him.

This is me saying this yes if he does sign, drop him asap and get in a bloody new center.

Moga is almost certain to sign with Newcastle and I think that's absolutely terrible by him. Broncos signed him on a low contract because he was in reserve grade and injury prone. Now he has played half a season he thinks he deserves a big payday that's bullshit. Broncos are the reason he is playing in the NRL, they are the reason he is improving. Now for him to go and just push us aside it just a completely low blow, he should be showing us the loyalty like we showed him.

This is me saying this yes if he does sign, drop him asap and get in a bloody new center.
Disagree. I doubt the club was expecting him to be any more than depth and we've gotten heaps of value out of him.

He's got a terrible injury record and you just think his next injury could be his last, why shouldn't he go for the big pay day? He doesn't owe the Broncos anything.

Welcome to the real world bud.

Please. Do you have a job? Would you seriously have us believe that if someone offered you three times what you're on now, that you wouldn't take it?

You cant blame him. He is one injury away from being finished as a footballer. If he is smart with this contract, it could make his life very comfortable.

You cant tell me if somebody offered to triple your wages you wouldnt take it.

Not sure why ppl want to drop players who are integral to what we have achieved so far this year.
ATM we are in this comp up to our ears, why would we toss a golden opportunity out because a player signs elsewhere.

The club has made choices too so it's a bit of the old carpe diem. It may years before we get a better shot.

Not sure why ppl want to drop players who are integral to what we have achieved so far this year.
ATM we are in this comp up to our ears, why would we toss a golden opportunity out because a player signs elsewhere.

The club has made choices too so it's a bit of the old carpe diem. It may years before we get a better shot.
That kind of thinking is pretty backdated considering the number of players changing clubs these days. Bennett may have dropped Hodgo 15+ years ago but in these modern times, it is not something he would do solely for that reason because it is such a big part of the game now. If you want results in the immediate future, you play your best 17 regardless of their circumstances in the following year.

There will be a few player movement announcements this week I believe

Yeah maybe! But i would much rather to see some juniors stay and less outside players being brought.
That's old fashioned thinking. I would take 17 Poms or New South Welshman if it meant winning a premiership. Who cares where they are from!!! Developing juniors is great in theory but there are only limited jobs for them when the time comes anyways and kids aren't afraid of moving elsewhere these days if it means a better opportunity. It also makes the competition stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Evander
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.