Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
DEMAND FOR UK BIG MAN

Meet the next Englishman ready to make his mark in the NRL.

Andre Savelio is a backrower who English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams and Private Ryan can reveal the Wests Tigers and Brisbane are chasing his signature.

The 22-year-old made his first grade debut in 2014 and has clocked up 50 Super League games across two teams, St Helens and Warrington.

It’s understood the Wolves are resigned to losing the 100 kilo worker as Savelio has indicated his desire to move to Australia and mix it in the premier competition.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/5f74128dda03f31ecc3fa365a8625457

Unless his as good as at least Harvey Howard, pass.

Another second rower, meanwhile we're sitting on our hands and losing props

question ... how far over a players value should we go... if we start paying players massive overs based on potential our cap will end up a shambles

question ... how far over a players value should we go... if we start paying players massive overs based on potential our cap will end up a shambles

Maybe we shouldn't have bought bird, and yhen we could've kept a couple. I bet wr loose roberts too .

Maybe we shouldn't have bought bird, and yhen we could've kept a couple. I bet wr loose roberts too .

I maintain we should be offering these guys the sort of money that it would require to keep them out of the hands of desperate teams like the Knights, who will end up completely fucking their cap with these types of signings ...

I for one don't want to experience what it is like to be a Knights or Tigers fan.

Bird is a talented player and we are better off for having him on our books

Losing players was always going to be the case this year. With what we had off contract, it was always going to be a struggle to fit them all under the cap. We just got outbid by a club willing to pay overs to attract players because they are struggling. I don't blame the players on bit

I maintain we should be offering these guys the sort of money that it would require to keep them out of the hands of desperate teams like the Knights, who will end up completely fucking their cap with these types of signings ...

I for one don't want to experience what it is like to be a Knights or Tigers fan.

Bird is a talented player and we are better off for having him on our books
Even if we loose 4-5 players because of it ? By the sounds of it he doesn't even want to come here . Oates and pangai will need upgrades next year and we still need a half , we r going to need props not centers. He can stay in the shire i think !

Another second rower, meanwhile we're sitting on our hands and losing props

We have Alex Glenn starting most of the time for us, it's not like we have amazing 2nd row depth. Next year for props we have: Pangai, McGuire, Lodge (surely we wouldn't be losing players if we weren't going to sign him), Blair, Offa, Haas, and a couple of others I'm missing.

Most teams, outside of the Dogs, aren't stacked for front row options. Just look at the plodders the cows are rolling out without Matt Scott around.

EDIT: Thaiday can play in the middle as well if we get desperate.

Even if we loose 4-5 players because of it ? By the sounds of it he doesn't even want to come here . Oates and pangai will need upgrades next year and we still need a half , we r going to need props not centers. He can stay in the shire i think !

These 4 or 5 players (and i don't think it is that high) sound like they are leaving due to receiving offers of massive overs from struggling desperate teams

and on Bird, it would have been a big decision to leave the shire, especially given he didn't go for the highest offer, that article (probably from that sook Rothfield or maybe the whinger Kent) was spun to make Bird look bad since the sydney media are still butthurt that he signed with us. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Why do people continually name Haas as a prop for us next year? The kid is 18. He would be eaten alive in first grade. He wont be anywhere near first grade ready for 2-3 years minimum.

Because he's a long term prospect and when you're considering the make-up of the front row in the coming years you've got to factor in his development.

The club didn't sign him on a big money contract for a lark.

These 4 or 5 players (and i don't think it is that high) sound like they are leaving due to receiving offers of massive overs from struggling desperate teams

and on Bird, it would have been a big decision to leave the shire, especially given he didn't go for the highest offer, that article (probably from that sook Rothfield or maybe the whinger Kent) was spun to make Bird look bad since the sydney media are still butthurt that he signed with us. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

Talanoa seems to think we will loose a few . I think roberts , oates & pangai jr should be sharing birds money. And we also need a half and prop depth.

Moga and Ese'ese is good business by Newcastle. Both guys are young with tremendous upside.

Jack Bird is on overs if he is on $1m as reported - I have not been that impressed with him this season.

Moga and Ese'ese is good business by Newcastle. Both guys are young with tremendous upside.

Jack Bird is on overs if he is on $1m as reported - I have not been that impressed with him this season.

Birds getting 750k. Sharks said we beat them by 100k and their offer was 650k. The knights offered him 1 mill.

Is it really overs though? Base contracts are always going up. Paying someone 'overs' now and keeping that contract set over the following two seasons should even out. We've been spoilt a bit with getting away with lower contracts. I think that's slowly coming to an end if we want to start keeping players

Is it really overs though? Base contracts are always going up. Paying someone 'overs' now and keeping that contract set over the following two seasons should even out. We've been spoilt a bit with getting away with lower contracts. I think that's slowly coming to an end if we want to start keeping players
This is what I'm thinking... Ese has shown this year that he is an NRL standard prop and we offered like $250k or something.

Which NRL standard props are going for $250k nowadays. The cap is going up so if we see him as our future then they should be looking at the years more so than the immediate hit to the cap... $350k-$400k will be chump change in 3-4 years time when Ese is hitting his prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• The Don
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • LGH
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • MrMoore
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.