Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahhahahahahah
IMG 0323

Yeah friggin Maranta level talent, it's not as if we are losing Minto level talent

It's up to him if he leaves. He has an option to stay if he wants to.

If he does choose to leave we could do with Tommy getting a run of games and get him in the team. No point developing Moga for Newcastle.

If he does choose to leave we could do with Tommy getting a run of games and get him in the team. No point developing Moga for Newcastle.

You do realise this isn't a video game right.. where the more time a player stays on the field the more he develops????

You do realise this isn't a video game right.. where the more time a player stays on the field the more he develops????

Don't quite know what you are getting at tbh. It's pretty obvious the more you play at NRL level, the more you develop as a player. A good player never stops learning. I really don't see the point ( and this is if he decides to leave ) to continue to play him when we have other promising young players who want to be Broncos. Might be different if he was a real superstar, but he isn't.

I actually would be disappointed if we lost Moga. He's been improving solidly every week.

His passing game isn't good right now but it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Most of the time people are criticising him not passing, there was no room for a pass - Oates would have been at great risk of being put over the sideline.

While often criticised, people tend to overlook or not notice what he brings to the team.
He, like Oates, makes crucial early metres out of our half. We don't have a sizeable pack. We've struggled severely in recent history to gain ground so that we can even begin to play attacking footy - think last year. that 1, 2 punch by Oates and Moga are a big reason why we've been able to get out of our own half recently.
His presence next to Milf has really tightened up our goal-line defence. Is everyone forgetting how many tries used to be leaked in the corridor between milf and left-centre? How many have been let in recently? He's still improving here as well. Milf not leaking tries helps with his self-confidence as well, and we all know how crucial that is for him.
Moga has been looking increasingly threatening in attack as well. Could turn out to be a weapon.

That being said, if he does sign with Newcastle, I also believe we should replace him with Tommy. Not out of spite, but Moga is a work-in-progress. Tommy would also be a work-in-progress - but at least our work gains us something in the end.

I guess all this depends on where Bird is playing next year. Centre? Lock? I doubt it's the halves.

I actually would be disappointed if we lost Moga. He's been improving solidly every week.

His passing game isn't good right now but it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Most of the time people are criticising him not passing, there was no room for a pass - Oates would have been at great risk of being put over the sideline.

While often criticised, people tend to overlook or not notice what he brings to the team.
He, like Oates, makes crucial early metres out of our half. We don't have a sizeable pack. We've struggled severely in recent history to gain ground so that we can even begin to play attacking footy - think last year. that 1, 2 punch by Oates and Moga are a big reason why we've been able to get out of our own half recently.
His presence next to Milf has really tightened up our goal-line defence. Is everyone forgetting how many tries used to be leaked in the corridor between milf and left-centre? How many have been let in recently? He's still improving here as well. Milf not leaking tries helps with his self-confidence as well, and we all know how crucial that is for him.
Moga has been looking increasingly threatening in attack as well. Could turn out to be a weapon.

That being said, if he does sign with Newcastle, I also believe we should replace him with Tommy. Not out of spite, but Moga is a work-in-progress. Tommy would also be a work-in-progress - but at least our work gains us something in the end.

I guess all this depends on where Bird is playing next year. Centre? Lock? I doubt it's the halves.
Like most of your claims in this post. I thought Moga was going from strength to strength recently after a shaky start to the season. I'd like him to stay. If he signs with Newcastle I'd still want him in the team. He can make good ground like Oates as noosh points out.

Like most of your claims in this post. I thought Moga was going from strength to strength recently after a shaky start to the season. I'd like him to stay. If he signs with Newcastle I'd still want him in the team. He can make good ground like Oates as noosh points out.

Yeah, after thinking about it more, I'm starting to change my mind. If Bird is going to be Centre next year, then we may as well keep Moga out there.

He does make good metres, but i dont think we would lose much if we replaced him with Opacic. They have different games, Tommy wont make the metres Moga does, but i think he showed enough even playing injured to show he is a lot stronger defensively, and i would say he is more of a try scorer than Moga as well.

Moga could be scary good if he actually starts using his size and backing himself a bit more. Shame if we lose him, but i think he will go to Newcastle and take the payday, and you cant blame him really after his injury problems.

Yeah, after thinking about it more, I'm starting to change my mind. If Bird is going to be Centre next year, then we may as well keep Moga out there.

I'll be surprised if he is centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.