Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporting News Australia FB page reporting Bird is keen to return to Sydney next season and is “unhappy” at the Broncs.
I guess this isn’t too suprising, I wouldn’t mind if they release him so that we can tie up the likes of Oates, TPJ, Su’A, Haas long term. We still don’t have a HB, but then again Bird has proved he isn’t one anyway.. He doesn’t look happy, and isn’t playing anywhere near the expectation. Possibly try and get a decent half from somewhere with the $, doesn’t seem many are off contract tho.
Bird is Barba 2.0 IMO.

100% Lick in Sua, Oates, TPJ and Hass. Get it done. Nothing against Bird but he is not really required.

Sporting News Australia FB page reporting Bird is keen to return to Sydney next season and is “unhappy” at the Broncs.
I guess this isn’t too suprising, I wouldn’t mind if they release him so that we can tie up the likes of Oates, TPJ, Su’A, Haas long term. We still don’t have a HB, but then again Bird has proved he isn’t one anyway.. He doesn’t look happy, and isn’t playing anywhere near the expectation. Possibly try and get a decent half from somewhere with the $, doesn’t seem many are off contract tho.
Bird is Barba 2.0 IMO.
This rumour was started by the Lurker whose strike rate is worse than that of Daniel O'dowd. He preys on the gullible and less intelligent of the RL fanbase. The day this page starts acknowledging news on Facebook as gospel is the day it becomes just like the rest.

agree but do we really need him at lock if we can play tpj there long term? then frees up a spot at prop for lodge and/or haas long term.

next season -

8 mcguire
9 macca
10 lodge
11 glenn
12 gillet
13 tpj

14 haas
15 sua
16 offa
17 utility/fifita/carrigan/flegler etc

doesn't look so bad at all.

i was pretty happy with the signing of bird but he has been very underwhelming so far but if the reports are true about him being unsettled/wanting to move back, coupled with the rise of TPJ, we can seriously use that money elsewhere while losing very little.

Sua in for glenn

This rumour was started by the Lurker whose strike rate is worse than that of Daniel O'dowd. He preys on the gullible and less intelligent of the RL fanbase. The day this page starts acknowledging news on Facebook as gospel is the day it becomes just like the rest.

I hope it's true

Yeah I want LESS Qlders in the future, especially with Smith still around (him being idolised and treated as a team mate is the reason why we have a shit record against Melbourne, same deal with JT: Blair was the only one who wasn't afraid to put him on notice back in the day). The Maroons are put before the club for the most part by our QLD reps, which makes me sick.

At the end of the day I watch the NRL to support the Broncos. State of Origin is nice, but it's a glorified exhibition series. Playing for Aus is a higher honour, at least I view it as being a higher honour, doubt the players do.

Edit: Move this titans talk into the Broncos in feeder clubs threads imo.

Smith and co have a year or 2 at most, no use messing with our juniors system and recruitment just for that short period.

I'd like Bird to have some more time, no one really kills it in their first season at a new club. But if he does go I think the money should go to retention and the focus should be on bringing juniors through unless there's a Blake Green or Maloney out there. If Bird goes, bring in Shibasaki or Staggs in the centres, Shibasaki is a big unit. Dargan would probably be up for it next year with a pre-season and working with the team.

Smith and co have a year or 2 at most, no use messing with our juniors system and recruitment just for that short period.

I'd like Bird to have some more time, no one really kills it in their first season at a new club. But if he does go I think the money should go to retention and the focus should be on bringing juniors through unless there's a Blake Green or Maloney out there. If Bird goes, bring in Shibasaki or Staggs in the centres, Shibasaki is a big unit. Dargan would probably be up for it next year with a pre-season and working with the team.

I think Shibasaki is an excellent prospect, but the club expected him to be pushing more for a first team spot than he currently is. I honestly expected him to make the breakthrough last year.

I never said it was gospel. Simply stating what a source has said, hence the reason its a rumour. It may also have some merit if you take into account the form of Bird. Yes injury, yes new club, but he hasn’t proved anything as a Bronco for mine, and hasn’t lived up to his rumoured $

It's not. He isn't going anywhere. He isn't going to walk out on a rich contract because he is struggling with his new club after the first third of the season. He'll get better and the Broncos will be better for it despite what some "doomsday" fans are claiming and hoping for.
What do you think is wrong with him atm? Clearly weight is an issue...he seems a bit immature to me. I can't believe they're letting him run out in the state he is.

I think Shibasaki is an excellent prospect, but the club expected him to be pushing more for a first team spot than he currently is. I honestly expected him to make the breakthrough last year.

They can afford to keep him there though with Opacic and Bird playing in that spot. If either of them leave then he probably gets first crack.

I thought earlier today Murphy and Taggers were it for Norths on Saturday but Shibasaki was pretty good. He made a lot of metres for Norths and that line break in the first half.

Edit 264m in a losing side.

Last edited:
Folau wants to move back to QLD, in discussions with the Reds.

Surely we have to at least make an inquiry right?

Probably don't have close to the cap room unless Boyd / Gillett call time or we find a new home for Bird.

Bird is Barba 2.0 IMO.

It's surprising that so many Broncos fans not only read this POS website, but come back here to report on their rubbish articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.