Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carney isn't as good as he used to be, but at the same time he isn't anywhere as big a douche any more.

Carney isn't as good as he used to be, but at the same time he isn't anywhere as big a douche any more.

I still rate him, but regardless he is daylight ahead of any other option we currently have for the six

I don't know if Carney really changed or if signing with Cronulla brought Rothfield on board so he wasn't getting hounded for just getting a tattoo.

Oh yeah, absolutely. Far better than BHunt too

I don't know if Carney really changed or if signing with Cronulla brought Rothfield on board so he wasn't getting hounded for just getting a tattoo.

He was getting caught speeding while drunk (and punching people in the past I believe?). Don't think even Rothfield could cover that up.

Low range drink driving, yes.

But that was inbetween constantly being hounded on by media for daring to have a drink. Meanwhile, he has a drink at Cronulla and it's a sign of self control.

I doubt he's changed all that much, it's just his representation in the media.

As good a player Carney is we have got Milford on the way and have Barba at fullback so Carney's services aren't needed.

Not sure where you get that from? He was 2nd in the Dally M tally this year with 26 and 9th last year with 16 and has been the go to man for the Sharks over the last couple of years.

As good a player Carney is we have got Milford on the way and have Barba at fullback so Carney's services aren't needed.

Not sure where you get that from? He was 2nd in the Dally M tally this year with 26 and 9th last year with 16 and has been the go to man for the Sharks over the last couple of years.

We don't have Milford next year, and I unlike it seems many am unwillingly just to write off next year and hope that Milford keeps getting better. For the large part the 'suck and see' approach has got us where we are and I don't understand this idea of not getting a 6 for next year because we may have a selection head ache in 2015. The broncos haven't had a selection head ache for years outside of 'do I play gillett or Stagg at centre?' so it would be a welcome change

And he hasn't set anyones pants on fire since he's been at the sharks.
Good signs

We don't have Milford next year, and I unlike it seems many am unwillingly just to write off next year and hope that Milford keeps getting better. For the large part the 'suck and see' approach has got us where we are and I don't understand this idea of not getting a 6 for next year because we may have a selection head ache in 2015. The broncos haven't had a selection head ache for years outside of 'do I play gillett or Stagg at centre?' so it would be a welcome change

Sorry my bad. I knew he was coming in 2015 I just thought we were in 2014 already.

Well, from watching him play. His running game isn't as good as it used to be. Not saying he's a bad player though, he's still clearly the best NSW half.

He was still getting into heaps of shit at the Roosters that didnt get published but think he might've just matured with age as most people do.

On him signing I doubt he'd sign a 1yr deal but he could be a good long term partner for Milf in the halves with rumours of Dogs chasing DCE, he won't come cheap though.

Last edited:
Not sure if Carney would fit the culture at the Broncos and I can't see the Broncos signing him anyway.

Low range drink driving, yes.

But that was inbetween constantly being hounded on by media for daring to have a drink. Meanwhile, he has a drink at Cronulla and it's a sign of self control.

I doubt he's changed all that much, it's just his representation in the media.

Yeah, several drink driving offences, and one that included running off to leave his mate with the car. And that's one of the nicer incidents.

if anything, the perception in Canberra at the time was that the media went easy on him.

Top bloke.

Carney is a punce, don't ever get the impression I think otherwise.

I just don't think he's grown up at all, just enjoying the perks of being a Shark.

Carney is a punce, don't ever get the impression I think otherwise.

I just don't think he's grown up at all, just enjoying the perks of being a Shark.

I've heard a story or 2 that never made the papers involving pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.