Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
there have been reports that Macca was not only likely to start, but also in the running for captain.

here is what Walters said:

“Like a lot of our players who are off-contract, we want to see them play some football and then we will go from there,” Walters said.

“Andrew is no different. I want him to play the football I know he is capable of and if he does that, he puts himself in the frame to get a new deal."

translation: They sucked last season ... so now, we'll wait and see how they go before committing to new deals
All that may be true but realistically he doesn't feature in our long term plans and we arent likely to win a premiership.
I can't argue where he sits this season in selection but if you are given the choice of being captain (far from guaranteed) and then nothing or the opportunity to play under someone who has shown nothing but respect to you and wants you for three more seasons under contract, you'd have to be tempted.
He may be captain this season but you got to think the second a smith or grant is available we will have a huge war chest to chase them and have already admitted doing so. If they sign he is retired or helping to raise kids through ISC that second. That may be acceptable if there is something else in his future but right now that doesn't appear to be the case.
If we want him around the ball is in our court. He will do everything we expect of him regardless. He always has.

Badel is the biggest wanker journo out there now if you ask me. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Shit, I'd probably set the prick on fire if I ever got the chance. Staggs pushing towards the 1mil a season mark. Seriously, the bloke can't defend & Badel thinks he'll get $800k to 1mil. I think I might start trolling Badel on twitter for shits and giggles

Surely Jojo is a nickname or short for something?
After hearing the mother speak I'm surprised the name isn't Alabama or bigmac or some name like that. "He's gotta buy his mumma a house, he owes me cos I raised him n shit"

totally agree with @Lockysillegitimatechild 's aforementioned rant. if they want to put us under the squeeze, let them go.

Last edited:
totally agree with @Lockysillegitimatechild 's aforementioned rant. if they want to put us under the squeeze, let them go.
Yep.

Say “hey champ, last year we had you in the team and we got the wooden spoon, what about that effort suggests that we should pay you one red fucking cent, let alone a cool mill”...

Then when he bumbles, say “here’s a contract for 500k, sign it now or your playing and training with ISC all fucking year....enjoy playing in Mackay etc”.....

I can't wait til there's a second Brisbane team and we get to share the headlines and the poaching raids.

Ps and tell him he can rehab away from the club...

Badel is the biggest wanker journo out there now if you ask me. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Shit, I'd probably set the prick on fire if I ever got the chance. Staggs pushing towards the 1mil a season mark. Seriously, the bloke can't defend & Badel thinks he'll get $800k to 1mil. I think I might start trolling Badel on twitter for shits and giggles
Yep trolling because we are actually keeping our lips sealed about this shit.

This better have some good knock on effects for us before round 1.
Think we should bank the money. Will only make next year easier cap wise. Could even front load contracts this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Tim K
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.