Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slothfield last night
There are Sydney Based Clubs chasing Mam
Long term deals lol

he’s locked up till 2024
I’ve met the kid, humble doesn’t wanna leave ever
I don’t like to defend Rothfield but to be fair to him he is drunk most of the time so would have know idea that Mam is signed here long term.

I mean, Keary is on his last legs so should we be worried about the rorters making a million dollar play for Mam (despite just signing smith and re-signing a host of guns, but they lost Verrils and a few fringe first graders so it’s ok)?

Yeah I saw that and I was annoyed. So what you will about Rothfield, normally he at least does his research but that was a really bad take for a guy comfortably locked up for a while.

He also mentioned B.Smith took 200k less than elsewhere to go to the Roosters and for once they all didn't just giggle, they actually said that this had obviously been leaked conveniently by the Roosters.

On the Titans, how can they afford Hunt? Their cap is so poorly proportioned, they are like us a few years ago.

I reckon, we might well be in with a shot here unless Redcliffe comes in with an extremely desperate (and likely) 1.5 million.
Dfif is off contract in 2024 and Bhunt isnt available until 2024... so if titans wanted they could basically replace Dfif with Bhunt

Dfif is off contract in 2024 and Bhunt isnt available until 2024... so if titans wanted they could basically replace Dfif with Bhunt

They've signed Verrills and Foran though plus upgrades for their kids.

Ive been told ill have a B.Hunt update around 11am.

Waiting GIF

This makes no sense. There is more to do at fullback.
Not only that when repeatedly asked the question over the last few years he said he prefers to play there.

Anyone who has played the game at any level in the backs would say Fullback is the best position(I would say that even though when I played I only played Centre/Backrow).

It is literally the most fun position in the game, you get to be in all the attack without doing the heavy hitting in defence.

Cool, personally I don’t think he has the week in, week our fullback grind in him. He’d be great at it, but I reckon he would get bored with it. Just a personality type thing.

He played fullback for the Storm when Slater had that shoulder injury and killed it there. He didn't get bored with it then, not sure why he would now.

Even when he got moved to 6, Bellamy, Smith, Slater and Cronk came up with a gameplan that would allow him to play that fullback role in attack while at 6. Cronk provided a very good breakdown of that plan on the Matty Johns Podcast.

I don’t like to defend Rothfield but to be fair to him he is drunk most of the time so would have know idea that Mam is signed here long term.
If we ever lost Mam I would cut my wrists, he is the best under 21 Half on the planet.

If we ever lost Mam I would cut my wrists, he is the best under 21 Half on the planet.

He’s signed under 24, no chance of losing him. Rothfield didn’t do his homework here.

He’s signed under 24, no chance of losing him. Rothfield didn’t do his homework here.
Yep, no way we're losing Ezra. His debut might be the one good thing to come out of this godforsaken shambles of a season end. He's ready for NRL, but he needs a couple of experienced heads around him.

Would dearly love Benny Hunt back - come home, Benny!! Win that premiership with your beloved Broncos you deserved 7 years ago!! Imagine the redemption stories...

Get it done, DD and Ikin. Tonight.
If the hesitancy of playing hooker is the week in and week out defence in the centre of the field, we could always look at Hunt playing like Berrigan.

Hunt is not a bad defender and could read the game better than staggs, so I dont think our brittle right side defence would be any poorer for it.

If the hesitancy of playing hooker is the week in and week out defence in the centre of the field, we could always look at Hunt playing like Berrigan.

Hunt is not a bad defender and could read the game better than staggs, so I dont think our brittle right side defence would be any poorer for it.
Who do you play in the middle then? Staggs in the middle would be a massive waste. Could have Capewell and Benny swap centre / hooker in defence i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Shane Tronc
  • jd87
  • Brotherdu
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • ettybay
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.