Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As other have said with Piaks, also look at Mam, he was looking kind of average/bored in Q Cup and since he has gone up to the NRL, he is suddenly arguably a top 3-5 five-eighth in the game right now. For some of these young guys, they just need the challenge.

I have no doubt Mozer will take a few games in the NRL to get up to speed and once he does, look out.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Mozer is doing fine. Sure we’d all love it if he was kicking the door down like Cobbo was in his last season of cup but as others have said, he’s a scheming player not a physical specimen.

Players like that take time to perfect their craft rather than burst onto the scene. They need time to put the theory into practice and get enough reps under their belt. If he’s 22 and still struggling to make an impact in cup then we can write him off.

Though I would prefer that they were more strategic with his use in Cup, and if we are really thinking Madden is long term, that he and Mozer start building their combinations.

12thMan

Jul 1, 2019
The other long term interest I have is in Schneider as a possible half replacement, also would be interesting if Tre
Mozer is doing fine. Sure we’d all love it if he was kicking the door down like Cobbo was in his last season of cup but as others have said, he’s a scheming player not a physical specimen.

Players like that take time to perfect their craft rather than burst onto the scene. They need time to put the theory into practice and get enough reps under their belt. If he’s 22 and still struggling to make an impact in cup then we can write him off.

Though I would prefer that they were more strategic with his use in Cup, and if we are really thinking Madden is long term, that he and Mozer start building their combinations.
That combination building is key - as we have all thought having the squad split always delays combinations the nsw teams have when their whole squad work together in the seconds.

I like what Canberra did by getting Schneider and Trevalyn as they have played together since school boys I believe so should have that combination long term. I actually liked the idea of trying to grab the pair if we could to build that combination and have Schneider be our long term Reynolds replacement (plus they are qlders But with Mozer and Madden appearing to sign on having them build that combination would be a great plan.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The other long term interest I have is in Schneider as a possible half replacement, also would be interesting if Tre

That combination building is key - as we have all thought having the squad split always delays combinations the nsw teams have when their whole squad work together in the seconds.

I like what Canberra did by getting Schneider and Trevalyn as they have played together since school boys I believe so should have that combination long term. I actually liked the idea of trying to grab the pair if we could to build that combination and have Schneider be our long term Reynolds replacement (plus they are qlders But with Mozer and Madden appearing to sign on having them build that combination would be a great plan.

Schneider has gone to the ESL though, not sure the combo has worked out for him.

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
If smoothy is happy to stay for less than paix and we can find a club willing to take paix's contract on, I think we should jump at the chance. He hasn't worked out. Look at b Walters growth in 1 year vs paixs growth in about 3 years. He's good, just nowhere near consistent enough and his defence and fitness still aren't great.
Bulldogs were after Paix and a good fit for them. I think Paix will get there just prob not with us as he is being outperformed by Smoothy and Walters

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Bulldogs were after Paix and a good fit for them. I think Paix will get there just prob not with us as he is being outperformed by Smoothy and Walters

And soon to be behind Mozer as well.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
If smoothy is happy to stay for less than paix and we can find a club willing to take paix's contract on, I think we should jump at the chance. He hasn't worked out. Look at b Walters growth in 1 year vs paixs growth in about 3 years. He's good, just nowhere near consistent enough and his defence and fitness still aren't great.
💯 this. Get it sorted DD & Co

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Schneider has gone to the ESL though, not sure the combo has worked out for him.

He's only there until the end of the season. Its basically a loan to cover the loss of Abdul. He's had 2 big, match winning moments but he hasnt been that impressive so far apart from those.

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
If Haas doesn’t re-sign looking through NRL contracts it looks like Horsborough has a mutual option for 25. I think the last ditch efforts and extra things Horsborough does would be another viable option IF Haas moves on.

Also good to have at least one redhead in the squad - gives variety to the forward pack 😜
No thanks. Nothing against blood nuts, just no thanks.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I expected these responses.......and I can't argue, because you're right.

Dunno
its just that the real good ones, get spotted pretty early I guess.
...more than getting spotted
they demand selection with their form and an obvious high ceiling.

RE stepping up . Twice he has played kids Origin and looked pretty ordinary .

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We’ve had Haas, Mam, & now a story about Walsh becoming a “$1.6m man” when he fields offers NEXT NOVEMBER! 🙄

There’s clearly vultures circling trying to pick the eyes out of our roster by pushing up prices.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
We’ve had Haas, Mam, & now a story about Walsh becoming a “$1.6m man” when he fields offers NEXT NOVEMBER! 🙄

There’s clearly vultures circling trying to pick the eyes out of our roster by pushing up prices.
Because every player dreams of moving to Sydney... just ask the media

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Tbf, with the way prices are going, i dont think $1.6 will be that far off the mark with the new cap. Once he becomes a little more measured in his play, he's going to be about the most entertaining, creative player in the game, and he is pretty much that already. Players like Reece are few and far between.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I think he'll get 1.5m per year offers. Our biggest advantage is we have him at a reported 400k so we can offer him an immediate 1.2m upgrade with a 2 year extension till end of 2027 and that's basically 1.6m bonus the next 2 years so no one can compete financially if we offer him an early upgrade.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think he'll get 1.5m per year offers. Our biggest advantage is we have him at a reported 400k so we can offer him an immediate 1.2m upgrade with a 2 year extension till end of 2027 and that's basically 1.6m bonus the next 2 years so no one can compete financially if we offer him an early upgrade.

Lets hope he doesnt make friends with SBW

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Surely the Broncos could get him a $1M Third Party advertising contract. Dude is hot, fit and popular. Shouldn't be hard to line up something with a watch brand, or a car brand, or something to that effect.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Evander
  • bazza
  • lakers133334
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.