Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Same.

Thought if he was staying, he would have signed by now.
This isn’t a journeyman re-signing.. there would be a lot of moving parts to this Payne Haas deal and a lot to weigh up for all parties concerned..

Haas has a lot of interest, a lot of earning capacity and a lot to consider before he puts pen to paper for anyone..

I have little doubt his primary preference would be to stay with the Broncos, for many obvious reasons.. but he’s entitled to take his time with this

This isn’t a journeyman re-signing.. there would be a lot of moving parts to this Payne Haas deal and a lot to weigh up for all parties concerned..

Haas has a lot of interest, a lot of earning capacity and a lot to consider before he puts pen to paper for anyone..

I have little doubt his primary preference would be to stay with the Broncos, for many obvious reasons.. but he’s entitled to take his time with this

All he has to do is put a figure on the table & see what happens.

He said his main motivation is Premierships then money.

If he leaves & signs with the Bulldogs, we know that it was the money then premierships.

Hope I am wrong, but think it's the money first.

I always think back to when he wanted an upgrade & when denied, he wanted out of the club. And 'changed' his mind when the next game at Suncorp he was booed each time he touched the ball.

Then it was all a misunderstanding.

As I have posted, I heard rumours over 2 years ago that SBW & Mundine were in his ear to sign with the Dogs & yes I sent a few private messages to a few saying what I had heard.

All he has to do is put a figure on the table & see what happens.

He said his main motivation is Premierships then money.

If he leaves & signs with the Bulldogs, we know that it was the money then premierships.

Hope I am wrong, but think it's the money first.

I always think back to when he wanted an upgrade & when denied, he wanted out of the club. And 'changed' his mind when the next game at Suncorp he was booed each time he touched the ball.

Then it was all a misunderstanding.

As I have posted, I heard rumours over 2 years ago that SBW & Mundine were in his ear to sign with the Dogs & yes I sent a few private messages to a few saying what I had heard.

If money is his biggest concern the the Bulldogs are no chance. He'll go to the union offers.

Most rugby league offers will be similar in value.

Not to mention that SBW has been recommending people go to the rorters, it would be a massive shift in his attitude I'd he's actually mended fences with them which seems unlikely.

Patty just got his deal done with plenty of interest and earning capacity as well, especially in Queensland when you consider he's the next Broncos captain and probably Queensland as well. Be nice if Payne could just make up his mind so we dont have another Staggs/Fifita/Coates contract saga. Said it before, i still think we should make a final offer and if he wants to go to market move on from him. There are other players we could target if we have some clarity.

In saying all that, i cant blame Payne for wanting to maximise his earning potential, i would. I just dont think as a club we need to get into bidding wars anymore. If a player is willing to go to market, he's probably got one eye on moving anyway.

The fact we haven't even re signed Mam yet which is a likely re signing, I think at this stage shows Haas isn't likely to leave yet just on the basis he hasn't re signed either.

Patty just got his deal done with plenty of interest and earning capacity as well, especially in Queensland when you consider he's the next Broncos captain and probably Queensland as well. Be nice if Payne could just make up his mind so we dont have another Staggs/Fifita/Coates contract saga. Said it before, i still think we should make a final offer and if he wants to go to market move on from him. There are other players we could target if we have some clarity.

In saying all that, i cant blame Payne for wanting to maximise his earning potential, i would. I just dont think as a club we need to get into bidding wars anymore. If a player is willing to go to market, he's probably got one eye on moving anyway.
Agree, all we can do is offer Haas a fair deal (i believe he is in the top 5 players in the game and the offer should reflect that) but it needs to have some kind of time frame on it or at least some communication from his side as to their thoughts so we can be ready to activate a plan B, C or D.

I'm also confident the above is happening with Dave in charge and for all perceptions Haas definitely puts in on the field for us and seems happy in the dressing rooms for the team songs etc so i really hope it is just a matter of time that he extends with us.

Agree, all we can do is offer Haas a fair deal (i believe he is in the top 5 players in the game and the offer should reflect that) but it needs to have some kind of time frame on it or at least some communication from his side as to their thoughts so we can be ready to activate a plan B, C or D.

I'm also confident the above is happening with Dave in charge and for all perceptions Haas definitely puts in on the field for us and seems happy in the dressing rooms for the team songs etc so i really hope it is just a matter of time that he extends with us.

I personally think the players who genuinely are happy at a club and want to stay get things done quickly without much fuss. You would obviously listen to what other clubs might have to say ( and we all know it goes on off the record ) but, and this is my personal opinion, i'd rather not have players going to market.

Is it just me or is Gus a real c**t? Twice now he's gone out of his way to poach our best young prospects before they've played qcup. Both times he's offered them a top 30 contract and a starting spot in a struggling club. Reece Walsh got done for coke and almost imploded whilst Chicken Sandwich is now injured from getting smashed every week and likely to lose his spot to Sexton. The man is a real danger to young players.
This clip here is the one thing I love about Gallen because he absolutely nails Gus on his strategy for sounding smart:

Gus gives him the glare because he is a total narcissist.

Apparently Hunt will be available again 😆 😆 😆. At this point in time given the rollercoaster the Dragons HQ is, they could change their mind post origin.

He will be released, it is just a matter of who to.

Apparently Hunt will be available again 😆 😆 😆. At this point in time given the rollercoaster the Dragons HQ is, they could change their mind post origin.

It's been reported that Flanagan is trying to get both Tino and Fifita for next year. I wonder if the Dragons will attempt to pull off a swap deal.

It's been reported that Flanagan is trying to get both Tino and Fifita for next year. I wonder if the Dragons will attempt to pull off a swap deal.
One step forward two steeps back. Why release arguably two of the best forwards in the game.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.