Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Our entire roster will be worth more with a premiership under their belt. It's inevitable we'll have to lose someone we want to keep. Ezra would be the priority right now. Mam, Capewell and Riki are next off the rank.

It's Mam's position that makes him harder to re-sign. Team's are screaming out for a half and here comes one with 33 games and about to play finals. Bottom teams will pay for that.

His pay increase has to be factored in too when he signed in '21 he was a Cup year of 11 Cup games and six Meninga games. He would have signed for bottom of the 30 for 22. That's now going to increase maybe 5 times.

Would everyone rate Mam in the top 5 5/8's in the comp?

If so, average salary of a top 5 5/8 is 750k.

Good question. Who would be above him at the moment?

I'd say (trying to be completely objective):
Munster (clear number 1)
Luai
Dearden
Walker

He is definitely in the discussion of the rest and given he is so fresh with so much upside, you'd argue in some clubs eyes, he'd be above Walker too. Unless I am missing someone, based purely on current form and potential, he is right up there.

I wonder if we might lose Kurt if he isn't willing to take a pay cut. As good as he is, given his age, we would have to prioritise Riki and Piakura over him surely.

That all said, if we lose Haas, this is all null and void anyway.

None of it will come of any surprise to the club, they would have been planning well in advance for these guys coming off contract. Baring some ridiculous Fifita style contract I don’t see us losing Mam, of the players we have off contract it’s probably Haas that is the only real wildcard because of the people in his ear.

Well I'd say mam is the best defensive half in the comp, Dylan brown is also up there. Mam also has elite support play, which is a perfect foundation to build off, considering he's only like 30 games into his career

When there is a shortage, average salary is irrelevant because somebody is going to go a bit extra to get one. I dont think he is signing anywhere for under $900k. He's at least on a par with Dearden who has played Origin and performed at that level and it looks like he's going to be signed on around that figure.

Sullivan just signed for apparently 550 a season. Thats how skint the halves market is and how desperate teams are for halves. Especially the bottom teams.

Mam will be due a decent upgrade to keep him, and I hope we do.

Munster (clear number 1)
Luai
Dearden
Walker

He is definitely in the discussion of the rest and given he is so fresh with so much upside, you'd argue in some clubs eyes, he'd be above Walker too. Unless I am missing someone, based purely on current form and potential, he is right up there.

I wonder if we might lose Kurt if he isn't willing to take a pay cut. As good as he is, given his age, we would have to prioritise Riki and Piakura over him surely.

Wighton, brown , Burton?? is good as Mam is he still has along way to go $450k is more than enough imo
Considering walsh is only on that atm

Munster (clear number 1)
Luai
Dearden
Walker

You haven’t seriously put Timmy above Mam have you? Even if you are trying to be objective it was on show for everyone to see in real time how much better Mam is than little Timmy.

You haven’t seriously put Timmy above Mam have you? Even if you are trying to be objective it was on show for everyone to see in real time how much better Mam is than little Timmy.

I know people like to hate on Dearden, but his form has been really good now for all this year so far, and all last year and even for Queensland. They are different types of players but i really dont think there is much between them tbh. Mam for us just suits our style of play better.

Timmy has had a great season and was 18th man for Qld. Mam is great and I wouldn't necessarily swap him but to deny the former is just crazy talk.

Wighton, brown , Burton?? is good as Mam is he still has along way to go $450k is more than enough imo
Considering walsh is only on that atm

Wighton has gone to play centre at Souths. Brown has obvious baggage now and Burton is severely overrated at 6. He has a massive boot and that’s it, also is the worst defender in the league.

Wighton has gone to play centre at Souths. Brown has obvious baggage now and Burton is severely overrated at 6. He has a massive boot and that’s it, also is the worst defender in the league.
Wighton is still a better 6 even if he's playing prop 2 years from now. Brown with baggage is still a more complete player than mam , and burton in a shit team is still an origin and grand final winning player. mam has still got plenty to go.

Wighton is still a better 6 even if he's playing prop 2 years from now. Brown with baggage is still a more complete player than mam , and burton in a shit team is still an origin and grand final winning player. mam has still got plenty to go.
What position did Burton play in state of origin and in his grand final? If my grandma had wheels she would be a bike

if panthers can afford to have both cleary and lui then i see no reason why broncs cant do the same especially when arey and mam should command less then they do.

Active Now

• Dash
  • MrRobot
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • BroncosMan
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Rookie Alan
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Donald Garner
  • pennywisealfie
... and 59 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.