Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Reynolds has made a fortune, has a post-playing career lined up and is the team likely to challenge Penrith for the foreseeable future, he has every reason to take less to stay and make they happen in the back end of his career. Money won’t be his focus.
Yeah, after watching the Charlie Rabbit docu-film from Souffs, I'm pretty sure Adam will be the next Reggie.

What position did Burton play in state of origin and in his grand final? If my grandma had wheels she would be a bike
maybe she already was . he's a 6 that played centre yes but he has big game experience with all the attributes of a top shelf 6 , he just needs a good 7 next to him. mam has on of the best next to him , makes things a bit easier .
but hey, let's hear more about your grandma

“We expect to re-sign Payne within the next couple of weeks,” Walters told Triple M’s Sunday Sin Bin.

“That’s not something I’m managing, it’s others in the club looking after that.

“We’re very confident we can maintain and keep Payne long-term at the club.

“He is playing some of the best football of his career and is still only 23.

“We’ve got a few other guys coming through like Ezra Mam, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Kotoni Staggs, Pat Carrigan …we expect to retain all of those guys and keep them here long-term.

“That’s how I see things. If we can provide a good, fun environment for them to come to work in, that’s half the battle.

“I’m very confident we can hang on to all those guys we need to.”

Yeah, deadset, if they take money over this current form as a playing group they are fools. This is multi-premiership potential, a group of good lads who clearly get along well and can seriously play footy. A couple hundred thousand more to go back down to a shit position on the ladder, entering a new playing group, making new friends, finding a place to live. I reckon they'd get just as much cash winning the GF once.

if panthers can afford to have both cleary and lui then i see no reason why broncs cant do the same especially when arey and mam should command less then they do.

They can't.

When there is a shortage, average salary is irrelevant because somebody is going to go a bit extra to get one. I dont think he is signing anywhere for under $900k. He's at least on a par with Dearden who has played Origin and performed at that level and it looks like he's going to be signed on around that figure.
I’m his biggest fan but I am not paying $900k for Mam.

They're setting themselves for the future articles they write about our salary cap probably moving in the rorting direction.

Meyn talks about how Milford is the only player in club history to crack the $1 million barrier, then says this Haas deal will dwarf that. after that he goes on to talk about our salary cap squeeze.

Well I'd say mam is the best defensive half in the comp, Dylan brown is also up there. Mam also has elite support play, which is a perfect foundation to build off, considering he's only like 30 games into his career
He is not the best defensive half in the comp at all. He might drill big blokes, but he has had some ordinary moments this year in defence

Well I'd say mam is the best defensive half in the comp, Dylan brown is also up there. Mam also has elite support play, which is a perfect foundation to build off, considering he's only like 30 games into his career
He’s got a great technique for a little bloke and hits with venom but a bit hard to calm him the best defensive half when he has the second most missed tackles in the comp this season

I’m his biggest fan but I am not paying $900k for Mam.

I wouldnt either yet, but i reckon with the lack of decent halves around he will get it no problems if he wants it. Sullivan for $550k who is bog average shows the lack of real talent. I think Schuster was getting about $800k. Dearden rumoured to be around a million as well. I reckon he is one who would take a little less to stay here like Patty, but if a few clubs get into a bidding war i reckon he could easily be looking at a million a year.

I wouldnt either yet, but i reckon with the lack of decent halves around he will get it no problems if he wants it. Sullivan for $550k who is bog average shows the lack of real talent. I think Schuster was getting about $800k. Dearden rumoured to be around a million as well. I reckon he is one who would take a little less to stay here like Patty, but if a few clubs get into a bidding war i reckon he could easily be looking at a million a year.
Outrageous. I’d max out at $650k but wouldn’t feel good about it

Question for everyone. If you were in charge of our recruitment and had to prioritise 5 players from our current squad to build around, who would they be?

Reynolds not one of them as he’ll retire soon.

Patty and Reece must be everyone’s 1 and 2 but it gets trickier after that.

1. Patty
2. Reece
3. Haas
4. Mam
5. Piakura/Staggs/Cobbo/Mariner/Mozer??

Love how they misquote kev completely. He says he "expects that payne will resign", but of course CM hear "kevie boldly declared payne will resign".
Actually, it was you misquoting the paper. They said "re-sign" not "resign."

Outrageous. I’d max out at $650k but wouldn’t feel good about it
It is really, but it seems its the way the game is going. You get these young players who start off looking good then clubs just seem to get desperate for the next big thing and overpay.

Question for everyone. If you were in charge of our recruitment and had to prioritise 5 players from our current squad to build around, who would they be?

Reynolds not one of them as he’ll retire soon.

Patty and Reece must be everyone’s 1 and 2 but it gets trickier after that.

1. Patty
2. Reece
3. Haas
4. Mam
5. Piakura/Staggs/Cobbo/Mariner/Mozer??

I think its Patty and Reece. I'd have Payne up there with them as well but i'm not convinced we can count on him long term. Even with a long term contract i think there will always be some circus following him around. After those 3 i think its all the others you have mentioned.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Spooky1013
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Skathen
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • RodF
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spike
  • BroncosMan
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.