Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Honestly, not even close. That said, 2023 Palasia v 2022 Palasia are almost like totally different players. I am looking forward to seeing what Baker becomes in our system. I think he will play a lot of games for us, particularly given Willison has some real injury issues.
Palasia as a middle >> Palasia edge .
Seems a lot fitter this season .
Can also play lock style feeding the backline this season , which has been a pleasant surprise .

Would definitely take Twal if the price is right. Good safe player who does his job. The reaction across the league when he scored his first try this year says he's probably a decent bloke too.
Would go up a level being in our system.

Would definitely take Twal if the price is right. Good safe player who does his job. The reaction across the league when he scored his first try this year says he's probably a decent bloke too.
Would go up a level being in our system.
We have done pretty well with unwanted tigers

Eddie Blacker from Penrith has returned to QLD. Not sure with what club but one to keep an eye on for front row depth. Previously affiliated with the club in his junior days

Eddie Blacker from Penrith has returned to QLD. Not sure with what club but one to keep an eye on for front row depth. Previously affiliated with the club in his junior days
I thought he was one we might of have bought back a couple of years ago but haven't heard much of him. Hasn't kicked on since.

Does he remind anyone else of Cleary?

Black had some great games in Meninga this year until the final and it's his first year playing Meninga, so I take that into consideration. He had injuries last year and moved between 6 and 7 for Wynnum in Cyril. So, there is certainly circumstances.

The disappointing aspect of his season was that in both finals- Meninga and Alf Redcliffe and PBC just dominated.

His game against Redcliffe High was outstanding. But those two finals just stand out for me.

John Fineanganofo just dominated him/Wynnum.

Black was named as the replacement 18th player for Wynnum in the final against Souths so he could have made his Cup debut in a final if needed. That would have been interesting. No schoolboy has ever played Cup.

I would expect Meninga again next year, that gets him to May playing football and then some Cup.

Rogers and Madden had a good combination going when they played together at Wynnum so he might come off the bench for a while.

He's a Wynnum junior and played every grade so it would be a shame if he had to move but Souths are probably better suited to him.

Now it's the Broncos' turn. Points:

1. It is understood the Dragons were not the ones to make the complaint.​
2. There is no suggestion the Broncos are guilty of any wrongdoing.​
3. It is understood the Broncos have not been contacted at this stage by the NRL as integrity-unit chiefs gather preliminary evidence.​
4. The NRL declined to comment.​

3. It is understood the Broncos have not been contacted at this stage by the NRL as integrity-unit chiefs gather preliminary evidence.​

And I'm assuming the titans will also be investigated??

I believe the Dolphins were also asked to cough up any communications they had with Hunt's management at the time

And I'm assuming the titans will also be investigated??

I believe the Dolphins were also asked to cough up any communications they had with Hunt's management at the time
I guess. All seems a bit toothless considering the conversation at the time.

Phins making complaints about things they aren’t even party to is pretty sad.

If he was basically bargain basement price, I'd take Twal in a heartbeat. There is a good player in there held back like so many of his teammates by an awful system.
Is there really but? Seems like another Joe O. Basically a powder puff who has zero aggression. Do we need another tackle bot in the team?

Is there really but? Seems like another Joe O. Basically a powder puff who has zero aggression. Do we need another tackle bot in the team?

Bargain basement = depth at worst, benchie if he comes along. He may well be another Joe O but you have to take the terrible system he is in into account and think in a better system, what might he be?

Phins making complaints about things they aren’t even party to is pretty sad.
I would bet it was the Phins, as payback.

Ben Hunt can say, I never spoke to the Broncos or Titans but I did to the Phins. :smug:
Shouldn't they have investigated it when it was widely reported that Ben Hunt met with Kevvie and then subsequently asked to join the Broncos for the rest of the season? Everyone who follows rugby league knew the story.

he's not just a tackle bot ... he averages 10 runs for 92 m coming off the bench for an average of 45 mins per game

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.