Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Ban Luang an hour outside Nan City Nan province .
Stayed on an organic farm . Folks were self sufficient lots of good food and interesting experiences .
In the airport in Denpasar currently waiting for a flight to Brisvegas , then a shuttle to the Sunny Coast tomorrow morning . Wish me lu

Denpasar is a fair way from Nthn Thailand. Why Denpasa? Just curious.
Most direct route to Brisbane
.Otherwise to Sydney or Melbourne then Brisbane. No direct flights from Brisbane to Bangkok . So Brisbane to Bali , change planes in Denpasar then on to BKK .Reverse to come home .

Most direct route to Brisbane
.Otherwise to Sydney or Melbourne then Brisbane. No direct flights from Brisbane to Bangkok . So Brisbane to Bali , change planes in Denpasar then on to BKK .Reverse to come home .
I see. Been a while but we went through Singapore to and from Bangkok back in the day. Well done. Thinking now we may well have travelled through Sydney to Bne.

I see. Been a while but we went through Singapore to and from Bangkok back in the day. Well done. Thinking now we may well have travelled through Sydney to Bne.
Thai Airways used to fly BNE-BKK direct before the pandemic. Taken the flight tons of times going back more than 30 years.

I think Paix is somewhat unfairly maligned around these parts but Billy and Tyson have settled into their tag team roles enough that neither looked out of place in the Grand Final. Regardless that Kevvie risked his job in gifting Billy the 9, and copped flak all round for it, the gamble paid off and Billy genunely earned his place. There is no conversation about dropping him.

There were moments during the finals when I thought Billy not only earned his place, but was killing it, and then Tyson came on and I thought the team lifted. That said, I've been less impressed when Billy's scored a second stint. I still don't think he's the finished product as "spark off the bench."

Mozer is obviously the future, that's no secret, and one of them will have to make way for him. Given it's pretty much a coin toss, Kevvie has earned the right to retain his son without being persecuted for "nepotism." This conversation might change at the back end of the season if we're going down the gurgler and Billy is turning in shockers, but you wouldn't be backing that horse right now.

Verdict: we already have two Premiership ready hookers and a potential upgrade in the wings. And there's even another youngster behind Mozer. I'd be booking a flight to England if I were Cory.
💯 this. Well said @McHunt

Are we expecting any News between now and Xmas?! Capes? Ezra? Walsh?
Or is it just “watch paint dry” until early Feb?

Are we expecting any News between now and Xmas?! Capes? Ezra? Walsh?
Or is it just “watch paint dry” until early Feb?

Let's see ...

It was reported today that we have left the ball in Capes court. we want him to stay, but won't stand in his way if he wants to take the security of a long term deal (which we won't offer him).

Walsh isn't off contract until the end of 2025, so I wouldn't expect an announcement on that one until the new season, he's going to need an offer of $1 million +, and we have other moving parts to secure first, although I have no doubt that we're working in the background getting an offer ready to present to his management.

we did have 3 announcements in 3 or 4 days last week, it's unrealistic to expect the same every week until the new season starts ... I suppose that we could ask Dave to see if he is prepared to give Badel a daily briefing so we have something to talk about during the off season, if you like.

Thai Airways used to fly BNE-BKK direct before the pandemic. Taken the flight tons of times going back more than 30 years.

Yep , done that one several times .
I had 3 seats to myself from BKK to Denpasar . Was able to lay down across them all and take a good snooze .
The leg from Bali to Brissie I get to my seat down the back of the plane that I booked online . And there is a kid sitting in it . So I call the hostie over . Then this big hairy Mo Fo says that`s my son . We are a family and want our teenage son to sit near us .OK bro ... So I wait down the back till the plane is nearly full and go back down the front . To the kids seat . Get in the window seat . Then this Sweedish hottie comes and sits beside me and asks could I swap with her buddie so they can sit together . OK why the fck not . Now I am in a middle seat . Grrr . But it gets better . The seat belt light goes off and I think time to recline the seat and get some more shut eye . WTF ! there are no buttons in the arm rest to recline the seat ! After a half hour I call the hostie over and ask her how to recline the seat . I`m sorry Sir that seat does not recline .
Learnt a big lesson there . Don`t let fckers take the seat you paid for . No more Mr Nice guy in future .

There is nothing in this you haven't already read.

ScreenScreenshot 2023 12 06 at 16 43 26 Broncos brace for Origin star to quit effective immedi

I can't see why he would want to leave now unless he is on more money. Wahs happy to wait a year for him which is good for us. Also who do we think is driving him out, Kevvie or Donuts?

I can't see why he would want to leave now unless he is on more money. Wahs happy to wait a year for him which is good for us. Also who do we think is driving him out, Kevvie or Donuts?

no one is driving him out ... we want to keep him for 2024, we're just not prepared to offer him a deal after that (if we did it would be a small one anyway with the emergence of Riki and Piakura).

we just wont stand in his way if he wants to secure his future with a long term deal

The official story is we can't afford him, but I wonder if he's a casualty of the end of season review, like Steve Walters and Terry Matterson last year. We didn't hear anything about that. Maybe they ran the GF tape and decided he wasn't up to scratch. He copped a lot of flak from fans after the game.

Capewell's experience has been great for us but man he runs like he is carry Payne Haas on his back.......his lack of speed has become rather noticeable towards the end of the season.

I'm not sure if he has lost some pace or the game speed is just becoming a bit too fast for him.

Active Now

• The Don
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Gympie devil
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • Porthoz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.