Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Courier Mail reporting that Jack Gosiewski has asked for an immediate release from the Cowboys on compassionate grounds as he wants to be closer to his family in Brisbane and we are believed to be interested if he gets that release.

The headline was "Cowboys keen to ride in and rescue Broncos" lol

I don't know much about this bloke to would it be a good signing if it eventuates
We are in trouble if we give him a spot.

Courier Mail reporting that Jack Gosiewski has asked for an immediate release from the Cowboys on compassionate grounds as he wants to be closer to his family in Brisbane and we are believed to be interested if he gets that release.

I don't know much about this bloke to would it be a good signing if it eventuates

Geez, you can just tell they were struggling to turn that into some big deal headline, which probably says a bit about the player involved. They didn't even give him the default "star" reference.

Should be cheap, can play 80mins on the edge and runs a good line... was having a decent year a few back running outside DCE who loves a short ball to his edge. He should also be very happy as squad depth.

It's been hard to keep track of his form for a few years, because Olakau'atu and Schuster emerged at manly and he was relegated way down the order. At cows he's behind Luki, Luciano, Nanai, Finefuaki etc. so has barely been playing.

He could still be fine as squad depth to cover both edges, but he may also have fallen off a cliff due to lack of NRL time... not sure if he's been copping injuries as well.

If we get the guy that was at manly then he should be solid enough depth that at least plays the position week in week out, but I'd say he's more of a 4th 2RF option on the depth chart than the 3rd choice that he'll be playing for us... but I'd say Jaiyden Hunt is probably not a 3rd choice either.

So I assume that you'd be happy to lose Patty and Payne for them ... because that's the only way you'd be able to get them under the salary cap
Or you'd have Richie Kennar and tautau Moga as your centres and tesi Nui as your fullback

Should be cheap, can play 80mins on the edge and runs a good line... was having a decent year a few back running outside DCE who loves a short ball to his edge. He should also be very happy as squad depth.

It's been hard to keep track of his form for a few years, because Olakau'atu and Schuster emerged at manly and he was relegated way down the order. At cows he's behind Luki, Luciano, Nanai, Finefuaki etc. so has barely been playing.

He could still be fine as squad depth to cover both edges, but he may also have fallen off a cliff due to lack of NRL time... not sure if he's been copping injuries as well.

If we get the guy that was at manly then he should be solid enough depth that at least plays the position week in week out, but I'd say he's more of a 4th 2RF option on the depth chart than the 3rd choice that he'll be playing for us... but I'd say Jaiyden Hunt is probably not a 3rd choice either.
People also thought Jensen wouldn't amount to much given he wasn't seeing much first grade at the cowboys, but he has been really good. Maybe this kid just needs a shot.

He is depth, and having a depth player with 60 odd games of nrl experience is a good thing.

I think you probably sign Gosiewski and he plays that bench second row/centre role till we get Tevita in. I think Tevita is starting to shape up as a need rather than whether we can or can’t risk it.

Gosiewski can provide good cover as depth, can be a valuable bench player and can be relied upon for a game here and there. I’d pick him starting before Hunt at this current stage. Hunt probably has more potential at second row but Gosiewski has played 64 games in a variety of positions and roles. Not a bad bloke to have as a depth option. Preferably it wasn’t first drop but hey it happens. He will be dirt cheap, seems like a good bloke that won’t cause any issues and he can be relied upon when needed. 64 game depth options for sweet **** all you take every day of the week, can still afford to buy Tevita as well and that rounds out the 30.

SR Depth:
Riki
Piakura
TPJ
Gosiewski (TBD)
Hunt (TBD)

All 3 can play through the middle and we then have 3 good second rowers and 2 dirt cheap ressies with utility value specifically through the middle and for Gosiewski backup centre from the bench.

I think you probably sign Gosiewski and he plays that bench second row/centre role till we get Tevita in. I think Tevita is starting to shape up as a need rather than whether we can or can’t risk it.

Gosiewski can provide good cover as depth, can be a valuable bench player and can be relied upon for a game here and there. I’d pick him starting before Hunt at this current stage. Hunt probably has more potential at second row but Gosiewski has played 64 games in a variety of positions and roles. Not a bad bloke to have as a depth option. Preferably it wasn’t first drop but hey it happens. He will be dirt cheap, seems like a good bloke that won’t cause any issues and he can be relied upon when needed. 64 game depth options for sweet **** all you take every day of the week, can still afford to buy Tevita as well and that rounds out the 30.

SR Depth:
Riki
Piakura
TPJ
Gosiewski (TBD)
Hunt (TBD)

All 3 can play through the middle and we then have 3 good second rowers and 2 dirt cheap ressies with utility value specifically through the middle and for Gosiewski backup centre from the bench.

I doubt we'll be able to afford both this year.

We reportedly have 300k left in the cap for this year ... We also reportedly need to wait until after round 16 to be able to TPJ when he would cost us 277k.

We're not getting Gosiewski for 23k

I doubt we'll be able to afford both this year.

We reportedly have 300k left in the cap for this year ... We also reportedly need to wait until after round 16 to be able to TPJ when he would cost us 277k.

We're not getting Gosiewski for 23k
Hahahahahah imagine thinking Pete Badel knows the exact figures.

Hahahahahah imagine thinking Pete Badel knows the exact figures.

I don't think anyone at the CM or on BHQ know the exact figures ... But if you can take them as a starting point.

We'd have to get TPJ for 200k or less to be able to afford both ... And we all know the NRL will never allow that.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • ostin86
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Spoon
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Gaz
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.