Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

part of being a smart CEO is not offering massive overs and trying to match what desperate bottom of the table clubs are prepared to offer.

the question you have to ask yourself is if you would prefer our management emulate the poorly run clubs that prop up the table every year ... or emulate (our former selves) and the best run clubs that compete for premierships on a yearly basis.

not to mention that his manager doesn't make the decision ... ezra does.

also not to mention that Ezra is becoming a recognisable face in the game, so his manager (if he is smart) could easily make up any short fall with uncapped TPA's

Broncos have about $250k in arm length deals. Reynolds is 99% of that.

I'm pretty confident Ezra will be signed up soon. He may or may not have had some assistance in purchasing his new house in Ipswich that may have tipped the balance in our favour

celebrity big brother wink GIF by Big Brother UK

All I'm saying is that the CEO is dumb as he should have signed Mam on 700k instead of going to free market when the Dolphins or Tigers etc over 1m a year.

Ezra is only signing for that amount for one of two reasons. He's got no other offers elsewhere, or he is getting some good kickbacks elsewhere to stay at the Broncos.

Riccio and Read say that Capewell had dinner with Warriors coach Andrew Webster (his former assistant coach at Penrith), toured the Warriors' facilities in Auckland, they are offering him a three year deal and want him to break his contract immediately to join them.

No way we can lose Capewell especially in 2024. He is near the end of his career and he’s moved back closer to home surely we can get a deal done

No way we can lose Capewell especially in 2024. He is near the end of his career and he’s moved back closer to home surely we can get a deal done
Does it really matter where he is after next year. I agree he is vital next year but after that what value does he have to us? Isn’t a club legend, isn’t performing awesomely, probably won’t be starting and he isn’t cheap. Half the squad will have played more origins than him by then and heaps will be 100+ gamers and all of them have grand final experience now.

Would be intriguing what they could/would offer as an early release option. I am against releasing him early but they would undoubtedly have to offer something it’s not exactly easy to replace a player like Kurt mid pre-season.

Broncos have about $250k in arm length deals. Reynolds is 99% of that.
Right, but leaving the Broncos out of the process, his manager should be able to rustle up some TPA's outside of the cap right? Which is what I think Foordy is alluding to.

Right, but leaving the Broncos out of the process, his manager should be able to rustle up some TPA's outside of the cap right? Which is what I think Foordy is alluding to.

But not easily make up any shortfall. The money just isn’t there.

If it was the 29 other managers would be combining for more than $250k.

I've said it all along with Ezra, it's going to take an offer of 1.2 million plus to get him away from the Broncos. I can see us going to 850k max right now, so if he is getting an extra 300 or 400k a year at another qld club I think he would be mad to turn it down.

Capewell is an interesting one.

I get his form has been up and down, and when it's down it is very noticeable, but if the last 2 or 3 years have proven anything the nrl is 99% attitude and 1% talent at such a high level. I know the team has grown over the last few years hugely but Walters and the coaches need to make sure it is completely ingrained before letting a senior leader like capewell go.

The deal is not as crazy good from the warriors as it 1st sounds. If they release him for this year to a 3 year deal it means it's only a 2 year deal on what he's already got (sure we could give him that, although likely for far less money)but then he has to relocate which costs $s and unsure he will like NZ. If the warriors took him from 2025 I wouldn't be fussed bcos the seniors will be year older and learn about what it's like to be a hunted team rather then chasing so we want his experience this year.

Kurt's utility value is underrated. He's a better centre than he's given credit.

Kevvie's bench formula is: 1 regulation hooker, 3 regulation forwards. Which is fine until one of the backs goes down. Right now if a centre or wing is injured, we shuffle Capewell, and it's sorted. Billy can cover the halves at a pinch. He's not perfect, but he knows his role.

But take Capewell away, and things look very different. Neither of our hookers, starting forwards nor bench forwards are much use out wide. It becomes dysfunctional immediately.

Piakura has jumped Capewell for talent in the second row and Patty has stepped up as a leader next to Reyno. It would be good to keep him but I’d lose Capes to keep Ezra all day

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.