Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

All I'm saying is that the CEO is dumb as he should have signed Mam on 700k instead of going to free market when the Dolphins or Tigers etc over 1m a year.
If you have been following this club at all over the past decade you’d know that Dave Donaghy is probably one of the best things to happen to our club in recent times

Kurt's utility value is underrated. He's a better centre than he's given credit.

Kevvie's bench formula is: 1 regulation hooker, 3 regulation forwards. Which is fine until one of the backs goes down. Right now if a centre or wing is injured, we shuffle Capewell, and it's sorted. Billy can cover the halves at a pinch. He's not perfect, but he knows his role.

But take Capewell away, and things look very different. Neither of our hookers, starting forwards nor bench forwards are much use out wide. It becomes dysfunctional immediately.
I would love to keep him for at least one more year

Piakura has jumped Capewell for talent in the second row and Patty has stepped up as a leader next to Reyno. It would be good to keep him but I’d lose Capes to keep Ezra all day
Could Piakura play wing, centre or fullback should one of the backs go down? This is the scenario that will certainly happen.

I remember when we medically retired Matt Gillet to make way for TPJ and co.

I like what Piakura brings, but not sold yet. He could be another TPJ type.

But a 3 year deal at this stage of Kurt's career might be in his best interests.

Be hard to replace his utility value. Might solve the Ezra problem, but create a few others throughout the year with in-game utility coverage.

If we lose Capewell it leaves us fairly light on edge backrowers who are NRL ready.
I was literally just typing this.. we might be able to cover it if he leaves in 25 as we will have some time but if he goes effective immediately like the warriors want we need a nrl ready replacement for 24. Piakura hasn't had the best luck with injuries, suspension and sickness.

I was literally just typing this.. we might be able to cover it if he leaves in 25 as we will have some time but if he goes effective immediately like the warriors want we need a nrl ready replacement for 24. Piakura hasn't had the best luck with injuries, suspension and sickness.

Riki is fairly solid, but if we lose Capes its either going to mean we are expecting a kid to step up and play most of the year at a good level, or we are probably going to see Patty to edge back row again if we dont recruit anyone. I still think Staggs could play back row but then we would have lost both our starting centers from last year.

I need to see more effort areas, 1 percenters and no walking when the ball goes past him, from piakura before I am sold on him.

Hardwork will usually beat talent. He has talent but needs to show he is a hardworker now.

My other concern losing capewell is our left edge and combinations would be very different with capewell and herbie gone. The loss of experience and talk could impact the defensive structure.

Riki is fairly solid, but if we lose Capes its either going to mean we are expecting a kid to step up and play most of the year at a good level, or we are probably going to see Patty to edge back row again if we dont recruit anyone. I still think Staggs could play back row but then we would have lost both our starting centers from last year.
Capes doesn’t get a say in the matter tho. If we get bummed in the process he won’t get released it’s pretty simple. If the club can find a replacement or feel they can handle all those issues suitably and the cap space is much needed but the reality is if he leaves in 25’ anyway who gives a **** about cap space next year we are under it already so may as well keep him. He won’t get released early and neither should he be requesting it. Not the sort of person plus I believe he loves the club and has loved his time here he just doesn’t see a suitable future. Was always going to be the issue with Kurt because he hasn’t made enough throughout his career to afford taking unders in his backend. His backend is where he will make it all because he is actually known and appreciated league wide now.

I remember when we medically retired Matt Gillet to make way for TPJ and co.

I like what Piakura brings, but not sold yet. He could be another TPJ type.

But a 3 year deal at this stage of Kurt's career might be in his best interests.

Be hard to replace his utility value. Might solve the Ezra problem, but create a few others throughout the year with in-game utility coverage.

Gillo had a busted neck though

He obviously had been set up with his junior and school development work that he’s been doing as a ‘please and thank you’, but there was no need for the club to do anything dodgy there like some other medical retirements we’ve seen across the league

It still makes me sad.

Dude should’ve been captain. Would’ve been better than Glenn or Parker

One of us!

I just read that Ronnie Palmer has been let go by the Tigers. I would snap him up straight away, he's great for the younger kids and would be great for team building.

What ever the Tigers have been having, we don't want.

23 we got lucky with few injuries.

Losing Flegler, Herbie, Palasia and now possibly Capewell is starting to get me a bit twitchy.

If letting so many reliable players go to free up wages for Mam & Walsh’s improved contracts then I get it, but at the expense of a more rounded squad?

I think we need Capewell for 24, losing him to an early contract release makes our squad so much weaker and inflexible.

If we lose Capewell it leaves us fairly light on edge backrowers who are NRL ready.

Fairly light on might be the understatement of the century.

I believe if we release Capewell.. Riki & Piakura will be the only players in the entire top 30 who are edge backrowers.

Unless.. is it finally time we transition Oates to an edge?

Fairly light on might be the understatement of the century.

I believe if we release Capewell.. Riki & Piakura will be the only players in the entire top 30 who are edge backrowers.

Unless.. is it finally time we transition Oates to an edge?
I actually like this.

Time for a potential team list....
Anyone in this place like doing team lists?

You know who you mate ✌️

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maroon4life
  • broncs30
  • Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Swordfish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Inside pass
  • Fozz
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.