Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

This post .. ♥️

Kotoni has mad, mad love for The Broncs. As you say, he has matured. Easy to see that he is really enjoying his footy. Difficult to leave somewhere where your heart is, and where you are really happy.

I think he will happily take a bit of a pay cut .. to keep the lads together, and go for the Premiership. He knows that it's their time.

Reece probably feels the same way too.
With age, the hype around players starts to die down to a more realistic level too. I don’t think Staggs would get the same stupid offers he would’ve last time around.

Screenshot 20240415 064649

With age, the hype around players starts to die down to a more realistic level too. I don’t think Staggs would get the same stupid offers he would’ve last time around.

He didn't get the stupid offers he thought he would get last time around, that's why he ended up staying. I reckon we keep him if we offer him the same pay he is on now tbh.

He wasn`t a NSW Origin player when he signed on .
He also wasn`t the incumbent Kangaroos centre either . Dual international [Tonga and Australia ] Are you taking that into consideration ?

He wasn`t a NSW Origin player when he signed on .
He also wasn`t the incumbent Kangaroos centre either . Dual international [Tonga and Australia ] Are you taking that into consideration ?

He has played some rep footy but if all players are fit, he's not getting in the NSW side, or the Aussie side.

The price tag put on him when we re-signed him, a bit of that from other clubs was them offering on potential of how good he could be. We know how good he can be, I think for him he needs to start making the tough carries to take his game to the next level.

We’re going to lose one of them, I say we keep Cobbo and considering Mariner prefers the right side….something’s gotta give.

He has played some rep footy but if all players are fit, he's not getting in the NSW side, or the Aussie side.

The price tag put on him when we re-signed him, a bit of that from other clubs was them offering on potential of how good he could be. We know how good he can be, I think for him he needs to start making the tough carries to take his game to the next level.

Start making the tough carries ?
He has been since early last season when he was criticised for not getting involved
. Took the ball up off the kick off more than once the past few weeks . Is that not tough enough ?
Game on the weekend he had a dozen carries mid way through the 2nd half . You are a hard task master .

We’re going to lose one of them, I say we keep Cobbo and considering Mariner prefers the right side….something’s gotta give.

We don't necessarily have to lose one of them, don't let the media influence your thinking.

Let's look at the facts here.

Penrith have managed to keep all of Yeo (Carrigan), JFH (Haas) and Leota (Flegler who we lost) while also having Cleary (Mam + $$), Edwards (Walsh), To'o (we don't have anyone like this), Martin (again, neither Riki or Piaks would be close to what he is on) AND being able to make Tago reportedly the highest paid centre in the game (Cobbo + $$) and retain May (Staggs). They also still have money to offer Turuva. Yes they have lost Kikau, Koraisau, Capewell, Crichton, Burton and Luai (no loss at all) plus other bits and pieces. We've also lost Flegler, Fifita, Palasia, Capewell, Farnworth and Coates, plus Reynolds is coming to the end, so will be on a reduced contract.

Now of course not all of these are like for like obviously but all I'm saying is, don't let this media make believe get in the way of the above facts.

He didn't get the stupid offers he thought he would get last time around, that's why he ended up staying. I reckon we keep him if we offer him the same pay he is on now tbh.
Which is like a 20% discount when you consider the recent cap increase

We don't necessarily have to lose one of them, don't let the media influence your thinking.

Penrith have managed to keep all of Yeo (Carrigan), JFH (Haas) and Leota (Flegler who we lost) while also having Cleary (Mam + $$), Edwards (Walsh), To'o (we don't have anyone like this), Martin (again, neither Riki or Piaks would be close to what he is on) AND being able to make Tago reportedly the highest paid centre in the game (Cobbo + $$) and retain May (Staggs). They also still have money to offer Turuva. Yes they have lost Kikau, Koraisau, Capewell, Crichton, Burton and Luai (no loss at all) plus other bits and pieces. We've also lost Flegler, Fifita, Palasia, Capewell, Farnworth and Coates, plus Reynolds is coming to the end, so will be on a reduced contract.

Now of course not all of these are like for like obviously but all I'm saying is, don't let this media make believe get in the way of the above facts.
I think Yeo, JFH and Leota signed below market value to stay at penrith... Cleary is more comparable to Walsh, but Edwards to Mam... so that evens out anyway.

Patty is comparable to Yeo, but Haas is on way more than JFH and Leota... that's where we need Willison to not be looking for a Flegler contract, because I don't think we can afford that.

He'd be on a low contract at the moment, but we'd need him to sign on for like $500k or something, which is probably near double his current contract... but if he's looking for $800k then we're going to be in trouble with him.

Cobbo is already on a decent deal, which he signed before we got Walsh back and he was being lined up as our long term fullback... so it might be a modest upgrade now that he's establishing himself as a centre.

I think Yeo, JFH and Leota signed below market value to stay at penrith... Cleary is more comparable to Walsh, but Edwards to Mam... so that evens out anyway.

Patty is comparable to Yeo, but Haas is on way more than JFH and Leota... that's where we need Willison to not be looking for a Flegler contract, because I don't think we can afford that.

He'd be on a low contract at the moment, but we'd need him to sign on for like $500k or something, which is probably near double his current contract... but if he's looking for $800k then we're going to be in trouble with him.

Cobbo is already on a decent deal, which he signed before we got Walsh back and he was being lined up as our long term fullback... so it might be a modest upgrade now that he's establishing himself as a centre.

Of course, everything you say is logical and likely true but why are Penrith able to re-sign players on unders but we aren't according to the media? That's the point here.

We are also potentially in a position to front end some of these guys if we sign them now to extensions depending on how the cap looks for next season of course.

I'd be more than happy to give Xman 500k and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd stay for something like that but I have no idea, just like the media. I think us having guys like Riki and Carrigan (and probably Walsh) willing to stay for a bit less than they can get elsewhere helps us just as much as Penrith having Edwards, To'o, Leota doing the same.

I think we lose Staggs and Willison. Staggs because Roosters will need to replace Manu and Suaalii. Willison because of the lack of prop depth. Bulldogs, Melbourne or Dragons will pay bigger money for him compared to what we can offer under our cap. Not that we won't be able to afford them more that we will blown out of the water with bigger offers.We may hold Cobbo an Te Kura but same could happen. But it depends if they want to stay for less. I don't expect all of them will.

I guess we will find out at some point but man, 2024 and 2025 are looking like terrific shots for us while we have all these blokes and Reynolds.

I guess we will find out at some point but man, 2024 and 2025 are looking like terrific shots for us while we have all these blokes and Reynolds.
Yeah. We should enjoy it while we have them for sure

If penrith didnt exist we walk in the title last year and probably the next 2 years.

They're the hump we need to get over and figure out a way to beat whilst we're in this window

You can only beat what is put in front of you .
Reece wouldn`t have played for Qld last year if Kaylin was fit and on it goes ...

Unread

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Lozza
  • Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.