Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Can we lock up Walsh ASAP? The rorters are going to have insane money to throw around and there aren't many options on the market
Yep, Unless they extend tedesco his deal expires at the same time that Walsh's does... Unfortunately lately these marquee players rarely ever sign before November 1.

Can we lock up Walsh ASAP? The rorters are going to have insane money to throw around and there aren't many options on the market
Doubt he’d even consider leaving Brisbane let alone qld, it’s been widely documented that he returned to brissie to be closer to his daughter

But yeah, agree we need to lock him in on a long term contract

What are they looking for?

Fullback: Sailor? Cobbo?
Centre: Staggs
Winger: Leota? Oates?
Half: No idea but they aren’t getting one from us - who is available for them to poach? Schneider? One of the 8000 the Tigers have?
Prop: Willison? Surely they chase Utoikamanu, he’s a bigger name so more their MO.
See the Roosters have now lost Keary for 2025. They are going to have an gigantic war-chest to rape and pillage the NRL. The amount rooster dollars now available will have a "new nrl team" impact on the league. Get ready to see some of our blokes in a Roosters jersey!
Highly unlikely scenario because we all know they have the paper bags and "culture" but if they don't land any marque players to fill those positions it could be possible Walker could look elsewhere to play in a better team.

Our priority is signing our guys up before they even get a chance to make a play.

Cobbo and Willison will be prime targets for Roosters. I think Walsh stays, but keeping the team together with the upgrades for Haas, Mam and Walsh will be tough.

Illias granted permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Probably just goes straight to the Roosters, but he’d definitely be worth a look.

Cobbo and Willison will be prime targets for Roosters. I think Walsh stays, but keeping the team together with the upgrades for Haas, Mam and Walsh will be tough.

Cobbo yes but Willison not sure. Obviously he is a superstar in the making but they have a number of good young forwards already, they would be after a figurehead, someone like Utoikamanu I think.

So signed until the end of 2025... that makes it him, Baker and Hunt all signed to the end of next year as the depth forwards... all would be on pretty low contracts ... Hunt and Gos potentially on near base minimum.

Seems pretty low risk to me, which is good... opportunity to see if any of them earn themselves an extension... if not then they'll just be moved on at the end of next year.

We need to find moneyball picks so we can load up on the stars across our squad ... I'm not sure if any of these guys will be, but we've already found a few in Kobe, Jensen, Pereira, Hoeter, Tristan, TMM, Taupau, Smoothy, Billy, Jesse (might be on a bigger contract now), etc.

And in the case of TMM, and likely Sailor, their time with the broncos can set themselves up for their next contract at a higher rate.

Highly unlikely scenario because we all know they have the paper bags and "culture" but if they don't land any marque players to fill those positions it could be possible Walker could look elsewhere to play in a better team.

Our priority is signing our guys up before they even get a chance to make a play.
There's not much on the market next year... most of the decent players are extended before November 1 or picked up soon after so they can secure their long term future.

Rorters might look at a bit of a gap year... see which young players in their squad they want to keep, find an experienced bridging half to put outside Sam Walker and then be loading up on players for 2025 when far more players are coming off contract... it also lines up with Manu coming back after his yawnion stint.

Also, kudos to Billy for listening to KW that it was necessary to change his position and then to apply himself so diligently to the new position.

Others unfortunately have not adopted the same approach (cough Hoffman, Isaako).
Isaako is playing fantastic for the dolphins. I blame the player managers of that era when he was with us.
They were every second back they could earn 600 or 700,000 as a fulback.
We had nui, isaako, hoffman, norman and even kahu being told they should be playing no.1 with the money that goes with it (ive probably missed some).

Isaako is playing fantastic for the dolphins. I blame the player managers of that era when he was with us.
We had nui, isaako, hoffman, norman and even kahu being told they should be playing no.1 with the money that goes with it (ive probably missed some).
Herbie kept getting media speculation about him wanting #1 - no clue if it was true or not behind the scenes.

We also had so many people pull on that jumper over the last decade, Kodi, Te Maire, Boyd, I think we gave Milf a trot there at some point too or was that Barba, both? Can't recall off the top of my head, getting too old :P

Seems an intense type of guy and love he talks about striving to work hard to get into the side, very high standards at the club and Patty is the leader now, exciting stuff.
Glad he's got rid of the horrendous mullet. Someone just needs to wise up X.

Gerard Beale?

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Manlyman
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Morepudding
  • porouian
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Strop
  • Broncojim
  • Gaz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • simplythebest
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.