Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
U20s is a pretty terrible comp (to judge a half in).

It's why I want the Broncs to get the ones they see as our future into QLD Cup sooner rather than later.

He refused a $1.5M offer from the Panthers to stay at the Cows for much less.

Thats not quite true, the Panthers offer was $5.2M over 4 years, he ended up staying at the Cowboys for $5M

It's why I want the Broncs to get the ones they see as our future into QLD Cup sooner rather than later.

Clearly this is the ideal option but I just wonder if the arrangement we have with the Qld Cup sides is having an effect on this.

It's a little bit tougher to sell these clubs on a guy like Nikorima, Paia'Aua & Taylor when they'd have to make adjustments to see it work and probably wouldn't have the access to them like they would need to ensure that they succeed.

Clearly this is the ideal option but I just wonder if the arrangement we have with the Qld Cup sides is having an effect on this.

It's a little bit tougher to sell these clubs on a guy like Nikorima, Paia'Aua & Taylor when they'd have to make adjustments to see it work and probably wouldn't have the access to them like they would need to ensure that they succeed.

Just bring back reserve grade. Then it stays in-house, run by the Broncos and not by Redcliffe/Ipswich/Norths/Wynnum Manly etc and players can be trained/developed how we want them to be. Not at the mercy of all the different clubs and coaches and their choices. Obviously if all the teams started taking their fringe guys out of Q/NSW Cups would weaken that competition and potentially affect the leagues clubs incomes (the whole 'grassroots' thing the NRL are trying to improve) but it makes sense from a player development perspective. Can mean seamless transitions into the 1st grade side. No more worrying if they know what to do or not.

JT's manager said about a month ago he wanted to finish his career in Brisbane and after the meeting we never made him an offer.... I don't know what they report in Brisbane but he certainly wasn't there to drive his price up. Do you think a bloke like JT would need a couple of hundred thousand bucks extra? with all his third party and promo cash he would be swimming in it.. certainly not the money hungry type. Regardless of that DCE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunt.

JT's manager said about a month ago he wanted to finish his career in Brisbane and after the meeting we never made him an offer.... I don't know what they report in Brisbane but he certainly wasn't there to drive his price up. Do you think a bloke like JT would need a couple of hundred thousand bucks extra? with all his third party and promo cash he would be swimming in it.. certainly not the money hungry type. Regardless of that DCE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hunt.

it was reported here that after the meetimg, Broncos management were convinced he didn't want to leave the Cowboys

Where did he say he wanted to finish his career in brisbane?

The only report I heard from his manager was that they met with the broncos but no offer came out of that

back on topic. DCE better than Hunt.

And nobody is arguing that, for the structure of the team however and retaining the spine long term. I'll take Hunt over DCE on the condition Hunt can stay consistent now that he owns the #7.

Shut this thread. DCE Is not coming

Glen Stewart just signed with Souths on a two year deal. Manly freeing up cash for DCE.

Glen Stewart just signed with Souths on a two year deal. Manly freeing up cash for DCE.

and removing the players he doesn't like. This thread needs to be closed

Might be a slight opening for Foran, he wanted G.Stewart re-signed, I can see Manly only being able to afford one of the two... Although with the emergence of Hunt and the arrival of Milford, I'm not sure whether there's even a spot for him, unless Hunt regresses for the rest of the season.

Given that this likely means DCE will re-sign with Manly, I really hope Hunt doesn't look at this as an opportunity to slack off. He has been progressing as a half back quite well so far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Browny
  • Midean
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Volvo Driver
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.