Daly Cherry-Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Milford is actually good in the halves, and Hunt isn't?

Hunt in my opinion could develop into a great halfback and of course we are not going to put Milford at centre, he is wasted there and probably wouldn't be to good defensively.

There are too many coulds and woulds in this conversation! If there is any truth to the rumours that DCE wanted to come home you would be crazy not to sign him and for whatever price we need to pay. We already fucked up and didn't make an offer to Thurston and look how we have performed over the last couple of season post Locky. Yeah Hunt had some potential 5 years ago and he has shown that too us once. Jeez id had Kodi Nikorima playing in the 7 before hunt.

There are too many coulds and woulds in this conversation! If there is any truth to the rumours that DCE wanted to come home you would be crazy not to sign him and for whatever price we need to pay. We already fucked up and didn't make an offer to Thurston and look how we have performed over the last couple of season post Locky. Yeah Hunt had some potential 5 years ago and he has shown that too us once. Jeez id had Kodi Nikorima playing in the 7 before hunt.

Ok.

Obviously if there is a chance to sign DCE they will do it... There isn't a chance though.

Fucked up by not making thurston an offer? Please, they didn't make him an offer because he was never leaving the cowboys. It was blatantly obvious.

Kodi at 7, really? He has shown no organizational skills whatsoever and is a fullback, 6 at best. FFS they are preferring a winger over kodi at 6 and you want him to be our halfback?!?

Ok.

Obviously if there is a chance to sign DCE they will do it... There isn't a chance though.

Fucked up by not making thurston an offer? Please, they didn't make him an offer because he was never leaving the cowboys. It was blatantly obvious.

Kodi at 7, really? He has shown no organizational skills whatsoever and is a fullback, 6 at best. FFS they are preferring a winger over kodi at 6 and you want him to be our halfback?!?

If he wasn't leaving the cows then why would he make the trip down to express interest??
Did you notice the "jeez" I am well aware of where Kodi plays. Ben hunt isn't a halfbacks asshole and never will be. If you hadn't noticed I am venting my frustration that some people on here would prefer to stick it out for another 5 years and see if he does something than sign the Australian halfback and possible captain in waiting.

If he wasn't leaving the cows then why would he make the trip down to express interest??

Because he wanted a $ figure to take back to the Cowboys to say "pay me more than this". Broncos knew it from that first meeting so didn't bother wasting their time being a pawn.

Did you notice the "jeez" I am well aware of where Kodi plays. Ben hunt isn't a halfbacks asshole and never will be. If you hadn't noticed I am venting my frustration that some people on here would prefer to stick it out for another 5 years and see if he does something than sign the Australian halfback and possible captain in waiting.
To drive the price up. That's what they all do!

He refused a $1.5M offer from the Panthers to stay at the Cows for much less.

If people seriously want to win a premiership in the next 5 years we need someone like dce regardless of what little glimpses of form hunt shows. If not we will continue to be just a mediocre team who will make up the numbers. Milford and barba just won't be enough

To make sure the cowboys knew they had to pay top dollar.

Same reason smithed 'talked' to us, Cronk 'talked' to the titans and DCE is 'taking time to decide'

If people seriously want to win a premiership in the next 5 years we need someone like dce regardless of what little glimpses of form hunt shows. If not we will continue to be just a mediocre team who will make up the numbers. Milford and barba just won't be enough

How did the Roosters win then? Barba in form is better than Minichello, Last year Friend easily better than Macca, but he's dramatically improved so far this year, Milford is far better than Maloney, and Pearce has 1 good game every 5.

How did the Roosters win then? Barba in form is better than Minichello, Last year Friend easily better than Macca, but he's dramatically improved so far this year, Milford is far better than Maloney, and Pearce has 1 good game every 5.
Rigggght.

You better expand on that cammac...

Why isn't there a chance? DCE himself said he has a long time to make up his mind

Darren Lockyer said the same thing, but did you think he was ever going to leave Broncos?

They all say that.

The only way DCE is leaving Manly is if Manly force his hand. He wants to stay at Manly for the rest of his career, it's his wish to be a one-club man. Manly will more than happily offload Stewart to keep DCE. Stewart is nearing retirement, DCE is their future. They won't let him go so easily..

Last edited:

SBW

Pretty much, they won the comp off the backs of their forwards and outside backs, throw Wallace and Prince into their halves and they still would have finished in the top 4.

I hope you're not basing that potential on his 2008 NYC Player of the Season award Sharky...

Worth pointing out too that by the next season, DCE had him covered.

not necessarily, moreso by word of mouth from a few decent coaches / commentators - at that stage in the game the feeling was that Ben Hunt would be next big thing

... the point I was trying to make was that the gulf that probably exists between DCE's level of performance and Hunt's at the moment, wasn't always there ... So there's a very good halfback in there somewhere, it's just a matter of whether he can maximise his potential like DCE clearly has.

The potential is definitely there but to use the NYC as a basis is flawed.

A lot of people predicted a big career based on him winning an award which he was lucky to receive. The more talented halves were promoted while Hunt stuck around and was apart of a very good NYC side. In fairness, he had a good season but the award flattered him to no end.

By 09, the rest of the competition caught up and he was behind the likes of Beau Henry (who? exactly), Robert Lui, DCE, Kieran Foran & Widdop.

My point is, he was never a superstar half in that competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • sooticus
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.