Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to the Storm I don’t hate them as much as you lot.

Go Away GIF

I Hate Instagram at the moment now they are showing me ads for Penrith Panthers
Screenshot 20230905 173744 Instagram

I'm honestly not nervous or concerned about the Storm at all. We are better than them and its all going to come together on Friday. This is far from the Storm side of the past.
You living in the twilight zone bro!
Im more worried about the Storm than every other team put together!

How are you so confident in us against them?

As I was leaving gym this mornning, there was a guy in a storm hoody leaving at the same time. Not saying it's foreshadowing, but I beat him out of the car park, rather easily. He did just acquire 4 freshly stabbed tyres, bit I don't know anything about that.....

I’m amazed piakura is playing.

IF we can play with composure, we can win.

So many times in the past we have virtually handed the Storm a win when we play them. We go to water. This year though we look a lot different.. a lot more 'mature'

Time for the hoodoo to end.

Here it is, the moment no one was waiting for...the head to head:

1. Walsh (Meaney has had a really solid year but come on, Walsh is next level this year) Broncos
2. Coates (Really, I don't rate this guy, he is overrated but I also don't want to put Walbrick here because I want to punch him in the face) Storm
3. Staggs (He is having a great season and is the better head to head) Broncos
4. Farnworth (He is in discussions for centre of the year for a reason) Broncos
5. Cobbo (The best winger on the field comfortably but can the Storm exploit his tendency to rush in and go for the intercept) Broncos
6. Munster (The guy is a legend and the single factor in the Storm side that frightens me the most. Mam is a gun but this is a no contest at present) Storm
7. Reynolds (Hughes is a real pain in the neck and plays far better than he should but he isn't Reynolds) Broncos
8. Flegler (Kamikamica is great but if Tom can play to his potential, there is no comparison) Broncos
9. Grant (This isn't close BUT it is closer than it should be this year and Grant is injured, but come on, Harry is the best 9 in the comp for a reason) Storm
10. Haas (Welch is a smart front rower but we are comparing to Haas here and it is a no contest obviously) Broncos
11. Capewell (The battle of the second rowers will be a very interesting aspect of this one and fortunately, we happen to have a rep one playing for us) Broncos
12. Katoa (He has been a gun backrower this season and has really benefitted from the Bellamy magic dust) Storm
13. Carrigan (No contest, Patty is the best 13 in the comp this year) Broncos

14. Garlick (This really could go either way, so I will try and not be subjective) Storm
15. Hetherington (He has been great for Brissy all year, incredibly underrated outside the club) Broncos
16. Asofa-Solomona (This guy is always a threat because he gets away with more than anyone else in the comp, would love nothing more than to see him put on his butt repeatedly) Storm
17. Papenhuyzen (He may well be the ace in the deck for the Storm, if he resembles anything near his best, coming off the bench is scary for us) Storm

10-7 Broncos

You living in the twilight zone bro!
Im more worried about the Storm than every other team put together!

How are you so confident in us against them?

Because i simply think we are a better side. Our spine is better, our backline is better, our forwards are better. We are good unit and have individual brilliance to turn a game. Only Grant and Munster worry me slightly, but if we turn up we are just too powerful.

I also want to take umbrage at the lie being perpetuated by rugby league media this week.

that lie being that losing last week to the Storm not only cost us the minor premiership, but also the chance to play the Warriors in week 1.

if we beat the Storm last week, then nothing would have changed re: our first week finals opponent. we still would have been playing the Storm. the only way we could have faced the Warriors was to lose last week and have the Warriors beat the Phins

I also want to take umbrage at the lie being perpetuated by rugby league media this week.

that lie being that losing last week to the Storm not only cost us the minor premiership, but also the chance to play the Warriors in week 1.

if we beat the Storm last week, then nothing would have changed re: our first week finals opponent. we still would have been playing the Storm. the only way we could have faced the Warriors was to lose last week and have the Warriors beat the Phins

Pretty simple isn't it? Yet some people can't seem to grasp it.

What’s our record under Atkins as ref?
Probs better than Gee... but in reality there are no good refs... they're all incompetent and it just comes down to who is the least shit.

I'm just not sure who's the least shit at this point 🤔🤔

16-0-20 (44%)

For Melbourne: 25-0-11 (69%)
What about just this year though??

Has Atkins been around for that long... if not then most of the record has been when we've been shit post Bennett 2018

If we complete at over 80% then we should win.

The middles we have should have no issues getting a roll on, if we complete above 80% then Reynolds can kick us to victory.

The big issue we have with Melbourne is not converting our chances.

We get into good positions where we should score, but something flukey happens and we miss out, like a drop ball over the line leading to a 7 tackle set, etc.

All of a sudden storm get the slightest bit of momentum and then we concede and the game gets close instead of us being able to pull away. Against storm last week it was the intercept from Madden... we were all over them and then throw an intercept to bring the scores even... I think the intercept came after Oates was caught after the linebreak as well, so two bombed tries leading up to an intercept and scores being even.

If we're going to win we need to strike and then keep the foot on the throat. Get through our sets and keep winning field position. We put those two tries above on then the game is potentially 24-6 heading into halftime. Instead we concede the intercept and then another flukey try and we're down at halftime.

Storm don't have a great long kicking game and when they can't get their roll on, they'll spread it wide and look for easy meters on the edges.

If every bronco is on their game then we can put on a big score... it's just that 'stuff' goes against us at some point against the storm and they keep themselves just within distance... and that slight change of momentum allows them to get on top.

It's about us being ruthless and that's something we've not been good at this year.

We actually have the better team this year... if we go into this game focussed and angry then they cannot stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Pablo
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Shane Tronc
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • thenry
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.