CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

This 8th string SA side is playing NZ in to form for the test series against Aus. These stats should come with a massive asterisk. Ravindra is about to get a double hundred.

How close might Chris Green be getting to becoming Australia's second spinner? He's putting together quite the FC record.

Fergus O'Neill another five-for, very talented young bowler.

Women's team getting absolutely blown away by the Saffers

6/59 and needing another 175 runs. Up to Ash and Tahlia to win it.

8/146

Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

U19 WC Semi on a knife's edge

Aus chasing 180 and are 6/149

Side note: that Singh fella looks to have been nothing but a hindrance in this tournament

U19 WC Semi on a knife's edge

Aus chasing 180 and are 6/149

Side note: that Singh fella looks to have been nothing but a hindrance in this tournament
Yeah Harjas seems to be a dud. Not a good tournament for him.

Umpire duped into giving Peake out

Terrible decision

I also hate hearing this **** keeper every two seconds

**** how did we win that

Yeah the young fellas

Vidlar's forward defence is immaculate btw

Vidlar's forward defence is immaculate btw

It's the standout for me the whole tournament how technique sound they are.

Considering the 20/20 BBL generation they have grown up watching cricket.

Konstas 100 was all behind his front shoulder and moving to the ball. He's the best and that shows why he's the only one to play Shield and they played him at three at 18 and didn't hide him at five or six that stands out to me.

That top three of Dixon, Konstas and Weibgen are all very technical.

It's the standout for me the whole tournament how technique sound they are.

Considering the 20/20 BBL generation they have grown up watching cricket.

Konstas 100 was all behind his front shoulder and moving to the ball. He's the best and that shows why he's the only one to play Shield and they played him at three at 18 and didn't hide him at five or six that stands out to me.

That top three of Dixon, Konstas and Weibgen are all very technical.
Whilst I agree with everything you say the 20/20 being influential is a bit of an oversight. The money is influential but it only influences players who aren’t skillful enough to have great techniques. Sure I think the 10 year olds right now think whipping a six might be better than a beautiful cover drive or an on-drive that beats the fielder but I think that’s because our test team at the minute isn’t very likeable and there isn’t enough good teams to verse anymore. I do think it all comes with maturity that eventually they appreciate solid defence, straight bat shots, good technique. It’s a bit like expecting 10 year olds to enjoy golf, they can’t hit it very far and don’t have the patience so they just don’t give a shit about it, it’s the same with a front forward defense and the kid trying to do a ramp shot in nets.

However these lot are still at an age where test cricket would have been an instrumental part of influencing their cricket love. 2013 Ashes, the home World Cup, the endless idols that excelled in test cricket as early as Ricky Ponting. Players will still lean to more traditional cricket skillsets and values for as long as Australia excels in them.

Have to remember junior cricket is nearly entirely played with a red ball still, club cricket from a young age is 55 overs a day over 2 weekends. Throughout high school I think you can get as low as C’s teams and they still play 30 overs and at that low a skillset they get taught the value of staying in. Coaching is very technique and first class/test match driven on the most part at any level. Constantly being taught to respect bowlers, value your wicket, hit to the gaps, bowl top of off. From a young age these basics shift your mindset to that of similar to red ball cricket which combats the urge of whacking one over the fence.

So Aus and India again hey? It'll be a tough ask but absolutely not impossible. India though have the fire power to win it from anywhere. They were in all sorts against SA in the semi and still won it in the end. It will be a good game.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fozz
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • lakers133334
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • blacknwhite
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.