CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
McSweeney is just a joy to watch, if he can start stringing back to back innings together, he'll be a long term test player.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Renshaw gets his ton and I think he has made the selectors day as a result. I get the feeling they don't want to pick Harris as he has been found majorly wanting at test level and don't want to pick Bancroft for obvious reasons. I think Renshaw has given them exactly what they were hoping for.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Renshaw gets his ton and I think he has made the selectors day as a result. I get the feeling they don't want to pick Harris as he has been found majorly wanting at test level and don't want to pick Bancroft for obvious reasons. I think Renshaw has given them exactly what they were hoping for.
So Harris will get picked then

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Renshaw still in at the close of play... been a good knock by him.

Bancroft showing his weakness to LBW has not changed and Harris getting himself to 40 odd before hitting out to a nothing delivery like it's a T20.

Vs Renshaw who grafted out when the bowling was tough and has then cashed in.

Of course Warner will get picked anyway... because it's Pakistan and Windies... so who cares

After that it looks like we have the Kiwis in NZ... will the form continue to see him get picked for that series (another one away from home).

Not sure who we play in the 2024/25 home summer, but here's hoping Harris hasn't hit his typical early shield form on tiny Victorian ovals to get ahead again

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Renshaw still in at the close of play... been a good knock by him.

Bancroft showing his weakness to LBW has not changed and Harris getting himself to 40 odd before hitting out to a nothing delivery like it's a T20.

Vs Renshaw who grafted out when the bowling was tough and has then cashed in.

Of course Warner will get picked anyway... because it's Pakistan and Windies... so who cares

After that it looks like we have the Kiwis in NZ... will the form continue to see him get picked for that series (another one away from home).

Not sure who we play in the 2024/25 home summer, but here's hoping Harris hasn't hit his typical early shield form on tiny Victorian ovals to get ahead again

In fairness, it wasn’t chanceless by Renshaw by any means. He got really lucky a few times and really should have been out if the Pakistan keeper realised his job is to take catches.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

IPL's most expensive players​

1. 1.Mitchell Starc (AUS), Kolkata Knight Riders: $4.42m, 2024
  2. 2.Pat Cummins (AUS), Sunrisers Hyderabad: $3.67m, 2024
  3. 3.Sam Curran (ENG), Punjab Kings, $3.3m, 2023
  4. 4.Cameron Green (AUS), Mumbai Indians: $3.12m, 2023
  5. 5.Ben Stokes (ENG), Chennai Super Kings: $2.9m, 2023

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Cameron Green? That’s a lot of money on potential
You have to remember there is a billion people over there the salary cap is not only massive but the return on investment off his marketability alone. He did get that after he opened in the t20 and smacked a very fast 50 in India as well. Of course nothing is there to suggest he is worth that much but are any of those 5? The big money makers are the marketable players in form.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
After getting hammered in his first innings Hartley bowls England to victory on debut with 7-62 in the second innings

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Huge
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.