James Roberts Drama

He might be an alcoholic.

He states he can't remember what happened. It's not the first time he says he can't remember that happened on a night out.

this doesnt really point to being an alcoholic. I've had plenty of nights out with memory blanks the next day.

That's exactly what the NRL are doing. And I am not the least bit surprised that they do not have the foresight to see where this will end up.

Were the Broncos still paying a part of his contract last season?

I wonder if Roberts will be at the Fan day on Saturday. I bet if he is he will only stand on the stage when they introduce the team. They won't let the public anywhere near him.

Social media saying that the club owner is refusing to hand over any footage taken by the inhouse cameras

Social media saying that the club owner is refusing to hand over any footage taken by the inhouse cameras

Does anyone know if he's actually allowed to without a warrant? Privacy of other patrons?

It's concerning she actually followed through with the complaint but when it comes down to "he says, she says" what can you do?

It's concerning she actually followed through with the complaint but when it comes down to "he says, she says" what can you do?

There's gotta be eye witnesses, right? I assume this was a relatively crowded place, and I assume she was with friends as well..

Not the case in retail security, in which I've worked in thousands of years ago it seems. Any whiff of illegality and the cops get a DVD of the footage.
Yeah but I imagine shopping is counted as a public place, not sure that a club is.

I wonder if Roberts will be at the Fan day on Saturday. I bet if he is he will only stand on the stage when they introduce the team. They won't let the public anywhere near him.

Hey sirlee, I've been thinking about this too. He won't and even if he is, would he engage with members and more importantly kids? I highly doubt it. I know his likely replacement Benji will. Clubs should want the full package and he isn't.

There's gotta be eye witnesses, right? I assume this was a relatively crowded place, and I assume she was with friends as well..

Nightclubs are pretty dark, noisy and busy, I can't imagine it would've been easy to identify if anything happened unless you were right there.

I'm certain from a legal point of view ... but all clubs (in fact every premises) that i have worked at have a strict policy that they will not release the CCTV footage to any party without a court order.

Under Qld Liquor and Gamings Regs, it is a licence condition that any place with a Liquor Licence must produce CCTV on demand by the po-po or a Liquor Licencing investigator...

If I were an NRL integrity unit investigator? Make a complaint to the Qld Office of Liquor and Gaming (and Racing) that the club in question was serving an intoxicated person...

Then do an Right to Information request to get the CCTV they grab...

But hey, far be it from me to tell the expert investigators the NRL have employed, how to do their jobs...

Last edited:
If I were an NRL integrity unit investigator? Make a complaint to the Qld Office of Liquor and Gaming that the club in question was serving an intoxicated person...

But hey, far be it from me to tell the expert investigators the NRL have employed, how to do their jobs...

This are the same 'integrity' unit that leaked the 12 point penalty to the telegraph and never told parra ...what a joke hey

If I were an NRL integrity unit investigator? Make a complaint to the Qld Office of Liquor and Gaming that the club in question was serving an intoxicated person...

Not sure how NRL investigators could try and justify getting CCTV under the guise of a liquor complaint. It has nothing to do with them.

This are the same 'integrity' unit that leaked the 12 point penalty to the telegraph and never told parra ...what a joke hey

Karyn Murphy is no joke, but some of their other 'investigators' leave a bit to be desired and the environment they work within?

Most certainly...

Yeah that might work it fantasy land

Unless she makes a formal complaint to the police, then no ones seeing the cctv.

She very probably doesnt want to be THE person who ends someones football career, ovr a hair pull.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Turky Murky
  • Fitzy
  • thenry
  • Morkel
  • MasterWright
  • Dash
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.