James Roberts Drama

TROUBLED Broncos flyer James Roberts’ rugby league career is set to crash and burn after a young woman he is claimed to have manhandled in a Gold Coast nightclub spoke to NRL Integrity Unit investigators.
Roberts not only faces the sack from Brisbane but also the prospect of being deregistered by the NRL for his latest alleged off-field indiscretion.
Sources say the Gold Coast woman, a who works in a local law firm, gave investigators a credible account of the alleged incident at Broadbeach nightclub Love Nightlife early on Sunday morning.
FAMILIAR RING TO LATEST ROBERTS CLAIMS
The 23-year-old told The Daily Telegraph that Roberts, who was on the Gold Coast for Magic Millions, grabbed her from behind and yanked her hair so forcefully she was left with a sore neck.
Bouncers then ejected the Broncos star from the nightclub, she said.
“It wasn’t very nice, especially as I didn’t do anything to provoke it,” the woman said. “It’s pretty strange and upsetting and something you don’t expect to happen.”
Integrity Unit investigators, former senior Queensland detectives Karyn Murphy and Grant Boorman, interviewed the woman at her home on Tuesday night. They spent Wednesday speaking with Love Nightlife staff before travelling to Brisbane to interview Roberts, accompanied by his manager Jeremy Donovan.
On Monday, Donovan told The Daily Telegraph that Roberts ‘knows nothing’ about the alleged incident. It’s unclear if Murphy and Boorman viewed CCTV footage at the nightclub.

Love Nightlife owner Tony Rigas said on Monday he was prepared to co-operate fully with the investigation.
Sacked by South Sydney and Penrith for his off-field behaviour, Roberts was on his last chance with the Broncos after being fined $20,000 last season following an incident in which he was kicked out of Brisbane’s Normanby Hotel for abusing a female staffer.
He later checked into a rehab clinic in Thailand to deal with issues including alcohol problems.
Roberts was signed by the Broncos after a forgery scandal at the Gold Coast Titans where a staff member falsely signed his name on the star speedster’s contract.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/b92dc02b356bfbf428fef72b6b5d00aa

I have faith that Jimmy will **** up again and embarrass us, yes I do!

All I can think of is his poor partner and baby. If he's (allegedly) this bad in public, imagine what he's like behind closed doors. I hope the Broncos look after his family.

Forget it, Soup. It's Chinatown.

Repeat offenders need to be treated the same as Carney if the NRL are serious about cleaning up the image of the game. This is a guy who who has already been sacked by 2 other clubs, if we punt him it will be 3( after he's done a publicly known stint in rehab). If he gets the arse then that should be it for the NRL as well, he can be SL's problem.

So sack him...wait two to three months and sign him on a base wage so NSW can scream conspiracy, seems it is going to be allowable after the Barba precedent.

They won't be signing him on a base wage, they'll be forced to pay whatever the $$ amount was he was due in 2017 on his old contract. That's just how things work.

Otherwise you could argue that the Sharks benefit from Barba doing cocaine because they can use the first 12 weeks of the season to test out Holmes at Fullback, then bring Barba in fresh halfway through the season.. AND have more room under the salary cap to make another move because Barba was on $800k now he's on $200k.

That just won't happen.

They won't be signing him on a base wage, they'll be forced to pay whatever the $$ amount was he was due in 2017 on his old contract. That's just how things work.

Otherwise you could argue that the Sharks benefit from Barba doing cocaine because they can use the first 12 weeks of the season to test out Holmes at Fullback, then bring Barba in fresh halfway through the season.. AND have more room under the salary cap to make another move because Barba was on $800k now he's on $200k.

That just won't happen.

It has already been reported that the contract that Barba accepted from the Sharks for 2017 is half what it would have been if not for the drug scandal.

Roberts is innocent till proven guilty and a bar should totally have cameras , there done n dusted

It has already been reported that the contract that Barba accepted from the Sharks for 2017 is half what it would have been if not for the drug scandal.

I just don't see how that'll happen, if that's the contract he's signed, I can't see the NRL registering it.

If he didn't get terminated he would still be getting ~$900k this season, they can't just think "Oh, shit, Barba isn't worth that much money if he's suspended for the first half of the season.. Let's terminate his contract and sign a new one in a couple of months time for 1/2 that amount so we can take advantage of this situation and use that $450k to sign an additional player and strengthen our roster"..

That sets a very dangerous precedent for the NRL, if they allow that contract don't be surprised if you see a lot more overpaid players suddenly getting "terminated" and re-signed a couple of months later.

Is Roberts actually an alcoholic do you think? Does he crave a drink all the time and the oblivion it brings?
Or is he just someone who can't handle alcohol when he does drink? I think the distinction is important because if he's battling addiction that's tough. But if he just likes going out to big note himself and have a good time and does it knowing his inner arsehole might come out and throw away his career then he's a moron.
Either way I suspect we won't be seeing him play for the Broncos again.

I just don't see how that'll happen, if that's the contract he's signed, I can't see the NRL registering it.

If he didn't get terminated he would still be getting ~$900k this season, they can't just think "Oh, shit, Barba isn't worth that much money if he's suspended for the first half of the season.. Let's terminate his contract and sign a new one in a couple of months time for 1/2 that amount so we can take advantage of this situation and use that $450k to sign an additional player and strengthen our roster"..

That sets a very dangerous precedent for the NRL, if they allow that contract don't be surprised if you see a lot more overpaid players suddenly getting "terminated" and re-signed a couple of months later.

That's exactly what the NRL are doing. And I am not the least bit surprised that they do not have the foresight to see where this will end up.

Is Roberts actually an alcoholic do you think? Does he crave a drink all the time and the oblivion it brings?
Or is he just someone who can't handle alcohol when he does drink? I think the distinction is important because if he's battling addiction that's tough. But if he just likes going out to big note himself and have a good time and does it knowing his inner arsehole might come out and throw away his career then he's a moron.

I don't think there is enough info in the events to determine either way unfortunately.

* If he just went to the event to drink alcohol, then it would be a choice, not an addiction, as he could just as easily get wasted at home. NOT AN ALCOHOLIC.
* But he may have gone to the event to drink alcohol, because he is afflicted with an addiction but can't do it at home or near his minders, or he'll get in trouble. ALCOHOLIC.
If he was just at an event, and had one or two drinks and that was enough to make him act like a dick, NOT AN ALCOHOLIC.
If he was just at an event, and had one or two quiet drinks, but couldn't stop there and got blind, ALCOHOLIC.
If he was just at an event, and decided to drink enough to get to the point where he can't control himself, NOT AN ALCOHOLIC.
If he was just at an event, and a Broncos official suggested he have a drink, and he went off the rails because of it, then the Broncos are GENIUSES as we now get to break his contract and re-sign him for half price.

i just think he's your fairly low level nonce who loses self control on the piss.

rehab wouldnt have done him much good in that sense. he probably doesnt see himself any differently to his peers who he hits the town with, but once that switch flicks he loses the ability to make a smart decision like sending himself home.

he needs to grow up.

Is Roberts actually an alcoholic do you think?

He might be an alcoholic.

He states he can't remember what happened. It's not the first time he says he can't remember that happened on a night out.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Spoon
  • broncs30
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Gympie devil
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • leon.bott
  • Financeguy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.