James Roberts Drama

James Roberts is an effective player on the field. He's lightning quick and knows how to burn defenders. He's an asset when on his game.....

Sadly, off field issues seem destined to end his fleeting career shorter than it should if he were putting in the hard work to get himself right.

I would suggest taking him off the field for a while doing community work. Let him gain some perspective. Similar to what they got Jake Friend into. Seems to have genuinely helped him + he's now the captain of that club

I heard the woman involved didn't even press charges or make a complaint? The media will thrash this out until she feels pressured to make a formal complaint.

Talk about stating the obvious, his absence would severely affect the potency of the backline. Maybe a suspension of about 8 weeks would be sufficient. Sacking him will only send him off the rails and that isn't good for everybody concerned.

Whoa. Some of us fans couldn't give a **** if this guy throws his life away. Sack him.

I heard the woman involved didn't even press charges or make a complaint? The media will thrash this out until she feels pressured to make a formal complaint.
Irrelevant. He shouldn't have been out at a club during preseason... kinda a bad look when PR is trying to sell you as "reformed"

So don't worry about his newborn kid..?

Well he doesn't seem to worry about his kid, as he is out on the piss instead of being home. As why should we.

And the old poor newborn isn't going to tug at my heart strings.

Well he doesn't seem to worry about his kid, as he is out on the piss instead of being home. As why should we.

And the old poor newborn isn't going to tug at my heart strings.
Clearly know nothing about addiction..

Man, if only there was things to help control addictions, like overseas rehabilitation centres, family support & employer supplied welfare caretakers..

Oh.. wait a minute..
I'm well aware of that. I'm aware the club have done everything to help keep him on the field.. but clearly they got him in and out again purely for the PR. Clearly isn't ready to be back in the mix of his old life so quickly. I think if the club truly cared about his wellbeing and his family's they'd take him off the field for a while and get him to earn it.

Has he ever had any impact at the Broncos.

If he has, I missed that one game.

Players like him have impact just being on the field. Yes i believe his 2016 season wasn't fantastic, but how often do you see new recruits struggle their first year.

I'm well aware of that. I'm aware the club have done everything to help keep him on the field.. but clearly they got him in and out again purely for the PR. Clearly isn't ready to be back in the mix of his old life so quickly. I think if the club truly cared about his wellbeing and his family's they'd take him off the field for a while and get him to earn it.

Don't blame the club.

They have done everything to help him.

IMO: The club should sack him, as it seems he doesn't want to help himself.

Sack him so some other club can pick him up? No thanks. Get yourself well, James and play well this year!

The only reason why we should let him go is if the NRL say no other club can sign him. Always comes back to bite us on the ass. At best he's innocent, at worst Redcliffe gets an alright centre for a year.

my personal opinion, very poor form!!! typical sharks though.

I don't think the NRL should allow it . It seems they did it to get his contract price down! He should only be allowed to sign for his last contract price

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Johnny92
  • leon.bott
  • ivanhungryjak
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.