James Roberts Drama

IMO: The bouncer should be sacked, those choker holds can kill.

If (and thats a big IF) the bouncer actually used a choke hold, then he will be lucky is he isn't charged by police.

I've been working in the security industry for 15 years and can tell you for a fact that choke holds are ILLEGAL (at least in QLD) ... in fact the QLD are not even permitted to do them anymore.

when you do your crowd control certification, you are taught numerous restraints and holds that can be used to restrain a patron and remove them from the premises ... none of them even go anywhere near the head or neck.

Last edited:
If (and thats a big IF) the bouncer actually used a choke hold, then he will be lucky is he isn't charged by police.

I've been working in the security industry for 15 years and can tell you for a fact that choke holds are ILLEGAL (at least in QLD) ... in fact the QLD are not even permitted to do them anymore.

when you do your crowd control certification, you are taught numerous restraints and holds that can be used to restrain a patron and remove them from the premises ... none of them even go anywhere near the head or neck.

And none of them actually work. No chance you'd restrain me with any sort of arm lock or other bullshit hold if I was trying to get out of it.

And none of them actually work. No chance you'd restrain me with any sort of arm lock or other bullshit hold if I was trying to get out of it.

sometimes you do need 2 people if the person is big and aggressive...

but I have personally restrained (with assistance) a guy that weighed around 130kg (and fairly muscular as well). if you and your colleague time it right with the right technique they do work.

and on occasion it is all about restraining the person until the police arrive, especially if it is difficult to walk him to the door, due to his size and aggression.

Lol... doesn't matter how big or strong you think you are, if you have three or four bouncers who are equally as big and strong each twisting wrists, elbows and shoulders into pressure positions, you are stuffed mate.

On Roberts... about three or four weeks ago - it was a Saturday night after a Broncos heavy loss on Friday night (Dogs maybe?) - I walked past Roberts with a mate in Surfers Paradise on their way to a club at about 11.00pm.

Not breaking any laws, probably on a day off, not doing anything wrong etc etc... however I did think it 'odd' that a professional athlete would be out drinking/clubbing 24 hours after a humiliating loss. Made me remember "oh yeah, that's right he's supposed to be a piss head"...

And the best way to be by your partner and kid is to be blind drunk :laugh:

I'm not disagreeing with you. He is foolish to go and drink but under high pressure and stress people go and do stupid things. There is no excuse for him getting so tanked and making a fool of himself.

Not outright condemning it, but if you have an history of not being able to hold your liquor, or stop in time... stay home!

I wonder if we could trade his contract to the Knights for Dane Gagai's contract.

I wonder if we could trade his contract to the Knights for Dane Gagai's contract.

Hell if the Warriors can lose Leuluai to gain Foran

then we can lose Roberts to gain Folau.

Didn't Roberts say his kid is all good now?

Not really an excuse, to be honest.

you mean getting sacked by 2 NRL clubs wasn't enough of a wakeup call
Far from it, he really should know better.

We don't know the full story yet though, it could all be a bit of a media beat up.

I trust Wayne will do the right thing in this situation.

sometimes you do need 2 people if the person is big and aggressive...

but I have personally restrained (with assistance) a guy that weighed around 130kg (and fairly muscular as well). if you and your colleague time it right with the right technique they do work.

and on occasion it is all about restraining the person until the police arrive, especially if it is difficult to walk him to the door, due to his size and aggression.

2-3 blokes and you have more of a chance. I did shopping centre security solo for years and had my fair share of altercations. Trying to apply any sort of hold to someone who's as big as you, or bigger, and on speed or another kind of drug is near impossible.

umm

You do know resuscitation, means

To resuscitate is to revive a person who has lost consciousness.

to bring (someone who is unconscious, not breathing, or close to death) back to a conscious or active state again.
How pedantic. The point I was trying to make is that to say that the guards attempted to resuscitate him was overly dramatic and in my opinion likely to be greatly exaggerated. As you can see from the definition you so kindly supplied resuscitate is a verb. What action do you think they really carried out in order to resuscitate their victim? Calling an ambulance and standing around saying wake up mate doesn't count for me. Even the story doesn't claim that they were successful. It simply says he woke up. I stand by my statement that he didn't need resuscitating.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.