James Roberts Drama

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Who gives a shit he was pissed at a pub and got strangled by bouncers. He didn't attack anyone, I'm sure it's a beat up from the bar staff after a comment or 2. He is a superstar in the making and we don't want him lost to the game, let alone the Broncos. Whatever happened to the player allegedly on coke???? swept under the rug as always. You guys want to scrap an absolute gun for something most of you have probably done in one point during your life.
The bloke is 23 or 24 ffs give him a break.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Who gives a shit he was pissed at a pub and got strangled by bouncers. He didn't attack anyone, I'm sure it's a beat up from the bar staff after a comment or 2. He is a superstar in the making and we don't want him lost to the game, let alone the Broncos. Whatever happened to the player allegedly on coke???? swept under the rug as always. You guys want to scrap an absolute gun for something most of you have probably done in one point during your life.
The bloke is 23 or 24 ffs give him a break.

key word ... as in not proven

he has had 2 breaks ... if this happened they guy obviously hasn't been learning from his mistake

Last edited:
Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
If this is all true then he'll cop some sought of punishment or fine or whatever... However, I've been as I'm sure many have been involved in situations that are caused by bar staff simply being rude or arrogant followed by some rent a cop who thinks he's Van Damm!! I've been cut off for no reason(mistaken identity probably) and then fully man handled out of the establishment by the security who then wanted to go on with it outside...I wasn't even pissed... Sometimes shit escalates quickly.

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
IMO it is a privilege to play for the Broncos , and with it comes a degree of responsibility. By that don't expect them all to be saints, but this incident sounds like unacceptable behavior. But I would be inclined to say two stikes and your out,

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
No chance of rehabilitation 'eh ?

he has been down this road before at souths and penrith, and obviously hasnt learnt his lesson. i also cant cop the rubbish about him having a hard time at home etc. a lot of people do have tough times, but dont act like a dead set flog on the booze.
a leopard never changes its spots...
also allegedly he got asked to leave the normanby but refused, hence the bouncers interaction. and allegedly after he got the spear from the normanby he tried another club/pub and was refused entry there as well due to his intoxicated condition.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Fucking hell - there's a lot of people in this thread that mustn't have had a big night on the piss before.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Fucking hell - there's a lot of people in this thread that mustn't have had a big night on the piss before.

There's not a lot of people in this thread that have been sacked by 2 NRL clubs for alcohol related incidents.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Footy show just said they spoke to the Broncos and they said "it's not a police matter, the NRL has been notified and he will play this week"

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
From what we've been told, the bouncer would be in more trouble than the average punter for choking someone out to the point where they lose consciousness. Roberts' problem is his past of course but his alcohol ban which was imposed by the NRL has since expired so he has that going for him.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
ffs hate when shit like this happens. He better score some tries tomorrow night.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
There's not a lot of people in this thread that have been sacked by 2 NRL clubs for alcohol related incidents.

So what? No official details have been released. At this point it's all heresay. Yes, he's had issues in the past, but until we know the story then it's a pointless endeavour.

As I said previously in this thread, unless it comes out that Roberts was being violent then this is a massive non-issue. No complaints were made by the establishment, or the female staff member that's allegedly been involved. The police weren't called, and it's not a police matter. The bartender might have been a massive bitch? How do we know what was going on? We don't even know for sure he was drunk. I mean, he probably was, but all these 'fans' criticising him for having a few with his mates are kidding themselves.

The bouncer is the story here. No need to choke a bloke out for yelling. I was a bouncer for a short-period, your first move isn't a chokehold. Particularly to the point where a patron loses consciousness.

Yes, he's had issues in the past. Yes, he should know better. Blah, blah, blah. If it wasn't even his fault then why criticise?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Based on the facts that have come out so far I couldn't give a ****. I don't think some people realise how easy it is to be thrown out of shitholes like the Normanby. I am the least aggressive or threatening person I know and I have been forcibly thrown of that shithole twice. I got told I had had enough and all I said was "what? I've only had 3 beers" and the next minute this fat **** of a bouncer is all over me.

If there is more to this than has been released then fair enough, otherwise just start scoring some tries Jimmy.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
So what? No official details have been released. At this point it's all heresay. Yes, he's had issues in the past, but until we know the story then it's a pointless endeavour.

As I said previously in this thread, unless it comes out that Roberts was being violent then this is a massive non-issue. No complaints were made by the establishment, or the female staff member that's allegedly been involved. The police weren't called, and it's not a police matter. The bartender might have been a massive bitch? How do we know what was going on? We don't even know for sure he was drunk. I mean, he probably was, but all these 'fans' criticising him for having a few with his mates are kidding themselves.

The bouncer is the story here. No need to choke a bloke out for yelling. I was a bouncer for a short-period, your first move isn't a chokehold. Particularly to the point where a patron loses consciousness.

Yes, he's had issues in the past. Yes, he should know better. Blah, blah, blah. If it wasn't even his fault then why criticise?

How do you know he was only yelling?

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
How do you know he was only yelling?

You don't. That's the point. But I'd argue that it would be a police matter if it was more than that.

But thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. Assuming Roberts has done the wrong thing and the bouncer hasn't.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • The Don
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.