THE COACH Kevin Walters

wonder how much is DD and ikins input? and identifying that its ok to delegate
That whole systems approach, look at what bits are working well and where changes can be made is Ikin's cup of tea for sure so you'd imagine he would have had at least some contribution to ir.

It was real interesting hearing denan Kemp talk about being in the coaches box.

Says its a really well balanced and calm team and coaching staff. He also said Walters was calling plays and counting numbers in real time.

He was an amazing player thats knowledge of the game has been hugely undervalued by the media as they talk about all their new "next great" coaches (eg ciraldo fitzgibbon). 6 premierships, 7 gfs, 1 as captain, 20 origins. His coaching career has really shown how under rated he was as a player..
He was underrated because of one reason. He is a Queenslander. Has anyone come close to 7 premierships since him? I don't count Cronk or any Storm player for the obvious. Kev had pace off the mark an exceptional pass , underrated kick and was one of the best support men in the game. There is no one better in my opinion to be schooling Ezra in the art of being a 5/8. It is no coincidence the attacking flare of 2015 is showing up again. Our spine is really going back to that old school style where they are free to swing any side of the ruck for the play. It's wonderful footy and Kev has unlocked the boys creativity. You can see they are loving playing footy, as they should be.

This video has aged like milk, It's honestly hilarious.

Buzz actually tried to defend Seibold over Kevvie, it's war crimes.

That said Ikin was spot on.

Overs for Piakura who now looks like value lmao(even I would admit I thought back then was ridiculous because he didn't get much game time, but now it's different story entirely and can see what our recruitment was seeing).

The way Kevvie Handled Walsh leaving for the Wahs though I think is a huge reason we got him back at huge value like we did, as they refused to give him to anyone else as we let them take him early and they returned the favour, this might be the key point looking back in the future that changed our entire fortune looking forward.

What Kevvie did back then that we might disagree with at the time, has all came back to him with interest.

The thing I Love about it most is it was one of our boys that did it all, having a legend of our club be our coach do this is something special, more so than a random unconnected coach doing the same for me atleast.

For some it might not matter but to me, it adds to our culture.

This video has aged like milk, It's honestly hilarious.

Buzz actually tried to defend Seibold over Kevvie, it's war crimes.

That said Ikin was spot on.

Overs for Piakura who now looks like value lmao(even I would admit I thought back then was ridiculous because he didn't get much game time, but now it's different story entirely and can see what our recruitment was seeing).

The way Kevvie Handled Walsh leaving for the Wahs though I think is a huge reason we got him back at huge value like we did, as they refused to give him to anyone else as we let them take him early and they returned the favour, this might be the key point looking back in the future that changed our entire fortune looking forward.

What Kevvie did back then that we might disagree with at the time, has all came back to him with interest.

The thing I Love about it most is it was one of our boys that did it all, having a legend of our club be our coach do this is something special, more so than a random unconnected coach doing the same for me atleast.

For some it might not matter but to me, it adds to our culture.

Even when being critical of Kev (and Billy for that matter) I always went out of my way to make the point that there is no one I want to succeed at the role more than him. It would be a fairy tail for us to have success under Kev. It makes me happy to see him doing so well

Even when being critical of Kev (and Billy for that matter) I always went out of my way to make the point that there is no one I want to succeed at the role more than him. It would be a fairy tail for us to have success under Kev. It makes me happy to see him doing so well
It's always better when it's our boy that's gets us to the promised land, I like Bennett but a former Broncos legend getting us back to the top, is something that as a Broncos fan hits different.

You can love or hate Kevvie as a coach but as a fan of this club you want this to work.

It's always better when it's our boy that's gets us to the promised land, I like Bennett but a former Broncos legend getting us back to the top, is something that as a Broncos fan hits different.

You can love or hate Kevvie as a coach but as a fan of this club you want this to work.
Nah I definitely love the current version of coach Kev. Far far improved, even his media interactions have improved out of sight.

In the spirit of forgiveness based on my Patrick Carrigan doubters shame list, i'd like to apologise to King Kevvie for saying i didnt think he would become the coach he has this season.

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

In the spirit of forgiveness based on my Patrick Carrigan doubters shame list, i'd like to apologise to King Kevvie for saying i didnt think he would become the coach he has this season.

Despicable Me Reaction GIF
In your defence, I’m fairly sure in most cases you said if he was to succeed he needed more assistance and structure around him rather than writing him off completely

In your defence, I’m fairly sure in most cases you said if he was to succeed he needed more assistance and structure around him rather than writing him off completely
I'll be honest, I didn't rate him, but he has evolved into a good coach.

Kevvie was my favourite all time Bronco, it probably wasn't until after Locky retired that I learned to appreciate Locky's greatness and installed him ahead of Kev. I think I fell in love with Kevvie more than Alf because I felt he was the "underdog" in the scenario. Plus I felt sorry for him when his wife died. And his favourite song was Flame Trees. (the things kids remember).

Anyway, I thought he was a bit of a buffoon when we signed him, like he wasn't intelligent enough or something. While I caveat with "he still hasn't won anything yet" I am so impressed with him and could not be happier that he has turned this club around. He's a coach you can be proud of. He comes across as a coach of honour which I just love so much.

Kevvie was my favourite all time Bronco, it probably wasn't until after Locky retired that I learned to appreciate Locky's greatness and installed him ahead of Kev. I think I fell in love with Kevvie more than Alf because I felt he was the "underdog" in the scenario. Plus I felt sorry for him when his wife died. And his favourite song was Flame Trees. (the things kids remember).

Anyway, I thought he was a bit of a buffoon when we signed him, like he wasn't intelligent enough or something. While I caveat with "he still hasn't won anything yet" I am so impressed with him and could not be happier that he has turned this club around. He's a coach you can be proud of. He comes across as a coach of honour which I just love so much.
I think the best thing about him is that he stays true to who he is. He is from a humble working family background. From people that from my understanding showed their emotion for one another openly. He doesn't want people to think he some big brained coach like Pies did. Authenticity is what I am getting at, Kevs nature is authentic . It's hurt him in front of the camera because the media can use it to shame you. But in the end those that are around an authentic person will grow to admire them. It rubs off on people also and I see that in the club right now. Kev has done exactly what he said he would do. He has pulled the playing group and the club back together.

I think the best thing about him is that he stays true to who he is. He is from a humble working family background. From people that from my understanding showed their emotion for one another openly. He doesn't want people to think he some big brained coach like Pies did. Authenticity is what I am getting at, Kevs nature is authentic . It's hurt him in front of the camera because the media can use it to shame you. But in the end those that are around an authentic person will grow to admire them. It rubs off on people also and I see that in the club right now. Kev has done exactly what he said he would do. He has pulled the playing group and the club back together.

You're 100% correct. Kevvie is a smart coach it's not just all emotion and crying. Although he does that too.

I am reluctant to ever have an opinion about a coach again.

Kevvie will be like a beer on the back steps with your grandpa. He will bring fun back and give everyone a cuddle.

I made this point continually when he was applying for the job that Kevvie is smart. His Jets team in 2008 that ultimately fell short was one of the best coached teams I have ever seen.

The attack was outstanding, and they played just like the Broncos now. He leaves enough room for you to shine but gives you the tools/info to play to your strengths.

That's good coaching. He doesn't try and micro-manage 80 minutes. He is about improvement and skills.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • lynx000
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.